Bath and Body Works Liplicious Brown Sugar

3.5

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Large tube for a low price. It tastes and smells sweet which I like - not recommended if you don't like sugary glosses. It isn't one of those very sheer flavoured glosses, which I'm thrilled with. The colour is full-on and is a fabulous shiny red-brown/mahogany. I'd class it as a 'grown-up' type colour. I've been using this lipgloss for ages. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it's sticky and your hair will stick to it when you walk around, but this is common with shiny lipglosses.

on 12/20/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe how many bad reviews this lovely little lipgloss has gotten! I loove this lipgloss, I bought it on sale for about $3 and am so glad I did. It's a shimmery (not glittery) reddish-brown colour which suits my skintone reaally well -- I'm about an NC42 for reference. The smell and taste are really nice and sweet, pretty much like brown sugar as the name suggests. I usually wear this when I'm going for a golden, bronzed look.

on 11/26/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was pressured into buying this stuff even though I thought it didn't suit me, which is another issue altogether I have with Bath & Body. Anyhow, I hated the smell and the colour of this stuff. Flat, boring, brown colour and sickening sweet. I gave it so many tries too until I gave up the dream and realized that there was no salvaging this dud.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't believe it... there is a liplicious that I DO NOT LIKE!

I love the liplicious lipglosses -- I collect them, along with the VS Beauty Rush glosses, which I was told by a SA at B&BW that they are the same because they are owned by the same corporation. I picked this up, along with several others, at my local B&BW outlet for $1-2 each. I always pick the glosses based on their scents, and I was thinking brown suger has to be a safe bet, right?

WRONG!

It smells like maple syrup. Ok, so I know I am probibly a minorty, but I HATE maple syrup. Not even on my pankes! So, this should be called MAPLE & BROWN SUGAR, so then I never would have bought it! This is the first time ever I've ever had Liplicious lip glosses has not smell exactly what you would expect it to smell like based on the name. Wow. they messed up on this one. I was expecting the "warm vanilla sugar" type scent...

Other then that, I loved the color. I kept trying to get over the smell because I thought the color (a medium-deep red brown w/ golden shimmer) would be great for fall/winter, but nope.. it just smells/taste too strong, which is normally why I like them, but if you don like the smell/taste it's just unbearable.

I'm going to be lenient on the rating, however, because I understand smell is such a personal thing, and everything else about this I love... I just had to tell you guys that it smells/taste like maple because I wished someone told me that... then I wouldn't have wasted my money on this.

Other then this one, I love the liplicious lip glosses. The usually smell/taste great, just like what they are supposed to. I love that the regular ones are rather pigmented for a lip gloss, and give you some real color, except for the "sheer" ones. I love that the label them that way so you know what you are getting -- nothing is more annoying then buying a lip gloss for the color, just to find its another clear/sheer to add to the millions I already have. I love the consistency of these - I find them to be a little thick & sticky, but just enough so that they stay on the lips for a long time. They make my lips feel nice & hydrated as well.

Packaging is pretty standard, but good quality. Mine have survived a lot of abuse being thrown around in bags, purses, backpacks.. and they have a stopper in the cap so in case I sit on it in my back pocket it won't "ooze" out and I've never had one of these burst open on me yet.. one even survived a trip through the wash in tact -- that was pretty amazing.

Too bad I just can't stand the smell. IMO, this is the worst liplicious ever -- & I've tried my fair share. :(

I really do like this gloss...The color looks beautiful on my olive skin tone, very understated. It looks cool and dark in the tube, but it is actually slightly warm/neutral brown with red and gold shimmer. The smell is tolerable, a bit like caramelized brown sugar, and the taste is like maple syrup. Not bad at all. My one complaint is the price. If I didn't love the color so much, I would just buy something cheaper with bigger packaging. But, all in all, I love the product and would most definitely recommend it.

Smells and tastes teribble! I don't like it at all, I threw it out after getting it in the brown sugar gift basket!

on 9/3/2010 11:14:00 PM

Mmmm this smells and tastes like a bakery! Very yummy but I really hate the color. The dark brown looks bad with my skin tone and it doesn't come out and give full coverage - it's a bit blotchy and a couple coats just leaves you looking the same. It looked sheer but brown on me but may look better on other people. Either way, this is so delicious and I use it during the winter!

on 9/3/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Beautiful color and shine!

I really like this color. I never would have bought it if the SA hadn't convinced me to try the tester. I have pale skin with pink tones, and this was the last color I would have reached for. To my surprise, it looks amazing on me! I really like it for fall/winter. I don't mind the smell, even though it's definitely not my favorite scent.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

nice color but yucky taste & smell.

Popular Lip Glosses