September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Eye Shadow - Yves Saint Laurent - Ombres 5 Lumieres - 9 Parisian Sky

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

i own three palettes 5 (blue), 1 (brown), 8 (smokey violet and black). I actually owned another one (purple) but i gave it away. The pigmentation is not very good for the price, some color are realley bad too. Some are even too glittery or shimmery. Horrible! Unfortunately i bought them on the same day not knowing they sucked! they should take them off from the market. Kisses, thank you, i hope my experience was helpful for anybody!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by jessicawong57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not worth the money because the pigmentation sucks i dont know if its me or not but i love ysl eyeshadows but this is by far the worst

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful palette! I love the pastel colors. They're very true pastels, not simply washed up versions of deeper colors as I so often see in many pastel eye shadows. I get such a soft effect and the colors just make my eyes shine all on their own. It's a subtle look, not something that vies for attention or detracts from the rest of my features. I never, ever wear all the colors in a palette together at once. But in this case I easily can and it never looks garish or odd.

The texture is very fine, and silky, but the pigmentation is light (very true to the actual lightness of the color) so it does have to be built up a little bit. Usually that would bother me but I find in this case that it actually works in my favor because I can achieve a watercolor type effect. These have an extremely subtle shimmer, almost imperceptible. More of a slight luminescence so that it doesn't look completely matte.

These definitely aren't my favorite eye shadows (the would have to be Dior and Chanel) because I prefer a more rich color payoff and a denser pigmentation. But I would repurchase this palette again because of the gorgeous colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors in this palette did not look all that special, in fact I swore I could replicate them with those I already owned. But together, they are absolutely magical. Definitely not something I could replicate. The MA actually blended the pink and then purple together, use the blue as a highlighter to above the crease, and blended the navy and mauve together in the crease and used as a liner. The colors are absolutely breathtaking when they are used together. It's not an over the top pink or lavender you get, it's spring, but it's so sexy. My eyes could easily be THE accessory to an all black boring outfit. Thus I was sold.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No