October 22, 2014 | 912 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mereley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this!

First of all, regarding the formula: yes, it's sheer. Meaning that the "color payoff" is going to be minimal, no matter the tone of your lips, so if you're hoping for something akin to a full-coverage satin or matte, you'll be sorely disappointed. But if you're looking for something light yet buildable and easy-to-wear, that perfect bridge between a balm and a "true" lipstick, look no further.

As for the color itself, it's a great pinky nude! It does have a hint of mauve in it, which makes it lean slightly cool, but I actually love that because 1) it gives it more of a nude finish than a true pink finish, and 2) it helps differentiate it from all the similar dupes on the market. I have a medium-to-dark skin tone (BB Warm Honey), and this is almost literally the exact color of my lip, perhaps just a fraction paler, so it's a great MLBB AND nude option for me. I can easily get away with this both for a casual everyday look and for a sexier nude lip/dark eye evening look, making this absolutely indispensable.

The scent is faintly herbal, but I don't find it unpleasant, and it dissipates after a few minutes of wear. It's not drying in the least (and my lips are usually a little dry), and while it does leave a subtle sheen, it is nowhere near glossy (like Dior Incognito) and has zero shimmer or sparkle to it, making it office appropriate. It lasts about three hours on me, but it fades evenly, leaving the barest hint of color on my lips for hours to come.

Honestly, it's my FAVORITE lipstick. My go-to, the one I always have on me. I've worn it for years and will happily continue to wear it for many more!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this. I read that this is a good nude for fair cool tones, so I bought it thinking it would be HG.

The color is a blue-based pinky-nude. It's sheer, but still offers a little coverage. The problem I had with it was that it didn't cover the purple in my lips, but worked with it, and the end result was a pinky-nude-slightly lavender color that didn't look quite right. I would've loved this color 10-15 years ago. Now, as I'm approaching my 40's, colors like this age me and look drab.

I tried using different lip pencils to try to make it work, but the end result was that my natural lip color still peeked through.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Mollycarman

I picked this lipstick up about a week ago and I haven't stopped wearing it since then. I prefer nude lipsticks over most lipsticks and this is the perfect soft pink nude with a bit of a shine to it. The formula is very creamy and hydrating and lasts a decent amount of time, when I want it to stand out more I wear it with nars born this way lipgloss. It goes with pretty much any eye look which is nice and very pretty packaging but like all nars packaging it gets dirty quick and is hard to clean. I definitely plan on buying this again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cruising is just slightly pinker than my natural lipcolor. If you have very pigmented lips, I don't think you will like this one very much. For my pale, cool-toned skin, this is a perfect daytime color, appropriate for work.

I LOVE the formula on Nars Lipsticks. It is creamy and is the only lipstick I have found that doesn't dry out my lips. With the Nars lipsticks, I don't even need a balm underneath! Typically, even with heavy balms underneath, my lips always end up dry and flakey when I wear lipstick. (especially with MAC lipsticks)

Nars lipstick is my HG brand, and I am going to have to pick up more colors.

I am not a fan of the packaging. You can't tell the color just by looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by georgieholmes

This was my first ever nude lipstick! And so far I am really impressed! I have always avoided nudes as I thought they would wash me out! But this is the perfect 'your lips but better' colour. I like how it is very sheer, so it is great for someone like me who is making the transition from tinted balms to lipsticks. This has a slight herb smell which doesn't bother me at all, and a hint of shimmer, but it's not at all obvious! I really like the moisturising properties of this lipstick, it has prompted me to purchase more Nars lipsticks in the near future!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this lipstick. Probably the only reason that I don't like it is because my lips are too pigmented for it to show up properly. On me, it just looks like I'm wearing chapstick. But, like my other NARS lipsticks, it is very moisturizing and even someone with dry lips could wear it without balm underneath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I freaking L-O-V-E this lipstick. my HG. Creamy formula. gentle wash of mauve color that matches my cool pale complexion. Never fails to get compliments. I love carrying around the NARS lipstick packaging, and have used this product every day since I purchased in the summer, and after 3 months, it is still halfway there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. The best MLBB shade I have found to date. The perfect nude lip. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice nude lipstick. It is not too pale, not orange , not brown. It looks wonderful with Nars Chihuahua lip gloss, thanks to izzybella's review. I have a cool skin NW20 and pigmented lips, usually nude l/s do not work for me, they wash me out. But I love this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ginamsilva00

A very subtle pink-ish/nude color. Perfect for everyday wear with minimal makeup looks. Also, a great bridal color if your going for a natural look.