NARS Ophelia

3.7

on 11/30/2012 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been on a Nars lip gloss kick lately. I don't want any other brand and Nars has so many gorgeous colors to choose from. Ophelia is my new love. I have fair skin and not very pigmented lips. Ophelia is a beautiful sheer pinkish-mauve on me. It brightens my face just a little. I love the staying power of Nars lip glosses. For those of you who have had problems with Nars lip glosses and a bad scent. The glosses are unscented. They do go rancid sometimes so if you have one that smells bad go exchange it. Now I am off to search for my next Nar lip gloss color.

on 10/25/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a sheerly pigmented pink lip gloss from Nars. It gives a very natural look, and is good to use with dramatic smoky eyes. It gives just a hint of color. I like the feel of it, not too sticky but not too slippery either. Not sure I would repurchase this. It's really just 'okay'.

on 5/1/2011 11:22:00 PM

This came in a Sephora set, and I was so excited to try this. The color was so pretty, but the smell just grossed me out. I couldn't stand having this on my lips because of the scent and I had to wipe it all off right away. Blechhh. I prefer my lip products to have a yummy scent.

on 4/11/2011 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect everyday color. It adds a little color to brighten everything up. Perfect if you are just looking for a splash of color.

on 2/28/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my new favorite lipgloss. It's an everyday strawberry color, and it adds the perfect amount of color to my naturally pale lips!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very pretty juicy pink lipgloss. For my somewhat pigmented lips, it's a great everyday lipgloss. It has no scent or taste, which I like. The somewhat satiny/rubberized tube and cap are nice too, IMHO. This is the first NARS gloss I've ever tried, and I think I might like to try more. This is a solid product, almost a staple for me.

on 1/20/2011 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this lipgloss at sephora, in a nars gift set; it was one of the glosses that came in the set. I am NC 35-37 and I have very pigmented and very full lips, my natural lip color is almost as dark as the gloss itself. With this gloss on, it adds great shine and emphasizes the natural color of my lips. Total loveee! Theres no shimmers to it and no stickyness to it either. I really love the gloss for me personally, as it's my go-to everyday gloss to wear.

on 1/10/2011 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ok, so i'm always the opposite of mua. when everyone on here likes something, i hate it and vice versa. this lipgloss is no exception. i LOVE this. i'm a ddd with very pigmented lips alot of lip glosses look like halloween make up on me. this is the only nars lip gloss i can wear. Ophelia gives off a very faint light pretty glossy pink on my lips. it is very moisturizing and it out lasts most of the other lip glosses i own. a good 4 hours later and i could still feel it on my lips although the color had disappeared. is it expensive? yes. would i buy it? yes. there are only a few make up brands i support and nars is one of them so i'm happy to finally find a lip gloss in this line that i can wear.

on 1/7/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I really like Ophelia on my lips - but I decided not to purchase it. Not now, anyway. I recently just purchased Clinique lipbalm in Lilac, and it looks very similar with NARS Ophelia. I did a side by side test. While I prefer gloss with a stick (Clinique's l/g is the one in a plastic tube), I don't feel the need to shed US$24 to get a very similar l/g to the one I already own, and cost about $10 cheaper. I think Ophelia is the only l/g by NARS (so far) that has tiny sparkles on it (by no means huge sparkles) - very tiny, subtle, pretty sparkles when you applied on your lips. The color itself is a very sheer mauvy pink on me. Very irresistible! :)

on 12/22/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a very sheer lip-gloss, too sheer for my liking. Though I can can see the color, I wish it was a bit more pigmented. The smell is and a clear gloss would have done the same job. I did like that it did last several hours because I have to touch up however.

Popular Lip Glosses