November 26, 2014 | 1640 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Obsidian

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a gift and I like it a lot. The grey-blue color goes well with my green eyes. Using it with a taupe eyeshadow makes a wearable daytime smokey eye. It also blends really easily to make the color not as harsh. But because it can be built up to be darker as a liner, it's very versatile. I love the little pot it comes in as well. I think it will last a while, so I probably won't need to by another anytime soon. But I would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised this e/s hasn't gotten more love. (*Hugs Obsidian.*) This is a lovely, cool-toned, charcoal shade. It's nicely pigmented but buildable, and easy to blend--such a pleasure to work with. As for the finish, Smashbox describes this as a shimmer e/s, and it does appear shimmery in the pan. Swatched, the shadow looks almost matte overlayed with little sparkles (not glitter, I promise). On the eye, I just get this really pretty glow. There's no creasing and barely any fading over eye primer. Price is $16 for .059 oz. I'd prefer a flip-top lid to the screw-top, but it's not a deal-breaker by any means.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. I'm not quite sure what HG stands for, but i gather that it means that the "HG Product" is a go to product for you. well, this is my HG eyeshadow. I love a darker eye and a light mouth, and this shadow provides the perfect darker eye without raccoon eyes, and without being too smoky for day. It has a very velvet-y texture, and a slight shimmer. there's also a good amount of shadow in the pots, so even though its pretty expensive you get your moneys worth. i've found love, with an eye shadow.