September 22, 2014 | 1004 users online

Hair Treatments - Shea Terra Organics - Shea Terra Organics 100% Pure Argan Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really interested in trying out argan oil because of my skin type, but I knew that Josie Maran's wouldn't be up to par with my standards because according to reviews, it was odourless. Which to me is bad in a facial oil because once an oil goes through the deodorization process which involves heat, it loses many of its proprietary antioxidants and benefits. Plus, it was 2x the price of this.
As expected, this oil does not have the most pleasant smell. It's nutty alright, but not in a roasted sense, thankfully, which will indicate that it has gone through the heat process. It has a very green smell. I have a sensitive nose so I notice it, but it doesn't bother me too much since I know that this is a genuinely cold-pressed, unprocessed oil.
I truly believe that this oil will suit any skin type unless you are very oily. Apparently it rates a 0 on the comedogenicity scale, which is hard to believe personally believe this oil contains squalene (a comodogenic ingredient), but whatever. It DOES impart some shine onto the skin, but not too bad in comparison to other oils. This oil absorbs very fast and is not very high-shine. I believe this oil is nourishing enough to be used alone as a moisturizer for oily/combo/normal skin, but I apply regular moisturizer anyway because I have dry skin. I only use this during my nighttime routine because I don't like looking too dewy in the daytime.
I do have some atopic patches on my face and neck and this soothes the patches. In a week, my skin is healthy and non-irritated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This brand offers an organic argan oil at a very reasonable price. The packaging is elegant and functional, but most importantly, the product lives up to its claims. I like how this product is not adulterated with other things. I use this for dry patches of skin more than anything else. I tried using it on my fine hair, but it make it way too oily and greasy. I do not like the sickly sweet smell, but it is natural so I cannot complain too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by camrielynn

Like so many other oily-faced fools out there, I thought the only way to avoid looking like a shiny grease ball by the end of the day was to beat my skin into submission. I applied drying acne medications to my face morning and night, never moisturized, and couldn't wait for winter wheny skin would be even drier. I'm so sorry, face. I just didn't know. This stuff has forever changed my thinking. I discovered it when Beauty Sage accidently sent me a sample box with my nail polish order. I tentatively applied two tiny drops to my face, but it disappeared almost instantly. But it felt...good. So I tried a little more. And it felt...better! And it didn't look oily, which shocked me. I had to get more. Unfortunately, the sample was of a brand that costs an arm and a leg for a tiny bottle, which is stupid. So I bought this brand instead. I now use it religiously each night. My dry spots vanished after a few days, my skin felt nourished and smooth, and I felt like I was finally doing something kind for my face for the first time in years! It does leave my face a bit shiny, but I use it at night, so who cares? Can't use it during the day for that reason, but I don't feel the need to. I love it, and I am now looking into other oils to rotate it with, as I understand that is how you receive the most benefits for your skin. Oh, I also use it on my hair. I just comb two or so pumps through the ends, and my hair feels soft and looks fabulously healthy. I am sold!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by christinecarl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best Argan oil I have ever used. I have been using Argan oil for about a year as my night time moisturizer. But after using this brand I realized the other ones I have tried must have contained fillers, this oil is so much thicker and more moisturizing than the others. The quality of this oil is obvious from the very first time I used it. I put this on before bed and wake up with perfectly moisturized skin, I can even use it around my eyes and on my eyelids and lashes. I plan to try other oils by this company, they ship fast and if you sign up for their newsletter, they let you know when they have sales.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This is by far the best argan oil I have ever tried. To me this beats moroccan oil any day because there isn't any added silicones or other stuff. It's just pure argan oil. Like another said, it has a natural smell to it kind of nutty in a way. It only takes a little amount to use otherwise you'll over do it. The first time I applied it I applied too much but the next time after I washed my hair I applied about a nickel size amount to my ends and worked it up to mid length. Once my hair dried it was very soft and had a shine to it. I've definitely noticed an improvement to my hair. I don't dye my hair a lot but I recently dyed it and it's lightened up quite a bit from being in the sun and swimming so my hair has suffered from the chlorine quite a but. This has helped condition it and keep it in a healthy state. Will be repurchasing & the price isn't bad. I haven't used this for my face and body yet but I'm sure it works splendidly. I'll have to try this on my face whenever my face gets a little dry.

****UPDATE 6/20/12**** A couple weeks ago I added this to my acne.org moisturizer one night and woke up the next morning GLOWING. My skin felt more hydrated and it actually helped heal a couple break outs that I had due to stress. This doesn't break me out at all and since that night I have been using it everynight and sometimes when I put on my moisturizer in the morning. I can't rave enough about this product. I've used it for my under eyes also to hydrate and its worked great. What a great brand!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

During the day, I use a few drops on my face and neck right after my serums so my skin in a bit damp and then follow moisturizer. At night, I mix a few drops into my moisturizer. Find that if I apply argan oil first and then moisturizer, it creates a barrier and the moisturizer just sits on the surface on my skin and won't absorb.

Shea Terra is a pretty good company but had some difficulties getting product recommendation when I called and emailed them. Prices are good and I like their fair trade vision of working with the local communities who produce the oils. However, after two substantial orders from them, I still think their customer service is lacking - they could have sold me a lot more products if they were so disinterested when I called. In any event, I still purchased their Tamanu, Baobob, and Night Nourishment Oils as well as the Dry Skin Cream and Shea Nilotica. Will post reviews on those products later.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by skinnyboness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of its claimed benefits for acne prone and dry skin. I've used other beauty oils in the past (jojoba being an incredibly popular one) but I never saw results from any of the others, so I honestly didn't have much hope for this product either.

Was I wrong as ever! Three days after using this product, all of the stubborn comedones from my cheek bones had purged out. They must have been there for at least two months before and then suddenly came to head and I was able to extract them easily, without damaging my skin. That's just the beginning of it. I've been using this product since Feb 20, 2012 and the blackheads from my nose have decreased significantly. They are smaller, easily extracted and most of the time virtually invisible if I remain consistent with application.

This oil has also smoothed my skin completely. My cheeks used to have small comedones that weren't very visible, but could be felt under the skin. The skin was not smooth, but rather uneven and porous. Now, I don't have any of these issues.

I highly recommend this product because it is less expensive than the Josie Maran Argan Oil and it is still 100% pure and of quality. The bottle is also capable of filtering harmful UV rays that will degrade the product, and it has a pump dispenser, eliminating risk of oxidation. It absorbs quickly into my skin, but not completely. However I do not wake up feeling greasy. It has also greatly enhanced my Estee Lauder Even Skin Tone Illuminating serum. My brown/red pigmentation from old acne has decreased significantly since mixing these two products together.

Pros:
-non-irritating and non-comedogenic
-high quality oil and 100% pure
-great packaging to protect the product from degradation
-reduces dryness, smooths skin, relieves comedones and fades blemishes
-makes my hair soft as well

Cons:
-has a strange natural odor
-takes longer than 1 minute to absorb

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by laninaimantada

CAN'T RAVE ENOUGH ABOUT THIS. IS MAGIC IN A BOTTLE. WAY CHEAPER THAN MY JOSIE MARAN ARGAN OIL AND GIVES SAME EXACTLY RESULTS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using this as my nighttime facial moisturizer and I absolutely love it. There's no scent, although upon first application, you may smell a very very light roasted aroma, almost like roasted coffee/nut (and it disappears within seconds). To apply, I pump the product into my hand (less than one pump is all I need to cover my entire face), rub my hands together to warm up the oil, then gently pat and smooth onto my face. I no longer get dry patches and my skin is so incredibly soft and dewy looking when I wake up in the morning. This does make you look greasy and will leave a bit of oily residue on your fingers/clothes or whatever you press your face to, which is why I only use it at night before I go to sleep. I have very mild acne but this has not caused any breakouts. Unfortunately it hasn't prevented any breakouts from happening either, but argan oil never claimed to clear/prevent breakouts anyway.

I bought my bottle of pure argan oil directly from the company's website (they have 30% off promo codes available all year round) and they included some great samples with my order. This bottle will probably last me for a whole year, considering I only need a tiny amount for moisturizing my entire face. The $20something price for 2 fl. oz. is totally worth it. There are actually cheaper options out there on amazon.com, for example, but I'm also a huge sucker for product packaging which is why I went with this brand. If you don't care about product packaging, you can actually get 100% pure argan oil for a much much cheaper price.

I'm a product junkie and enjoy using both low- and high-end products (Olay to Paula's Choice to La Mer, etc) but I will opt for more natural alternatives if they are comparable to a commercial product in terms of performance and ease of use. I very much like that this product only has ONE ingredient: organic argan oil! No parabens, fillers, chemicals, unnecessary inactive ingredients, preservatives, etc.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Glee2544

And it works great on the face too! I normally alternate between the Baobab Oil and Argan Oil at nighttime after cleansing and toning. One or two drops is all that's needed for my face. Love the simplicity and effectiveness at lightly moisturizing without chemicals.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No