September 17, 2014 | 2027 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Daily Brush Cleaner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that this work really well. I can spot clean my brushes in between my weekly deep cleansing which means I don't use quite as many brushes- especially eyeshadow brushes as i can just spray this, wipe it on a towel & then use the same brush with a new color PLUS doesn't leave a lingering smell once my brushes are dry! I've tried a few brush cleansers & I think this once is my favorite. I really liked Macs brush cleanser but it was so expensive so I didn't like to use it everyday but because this one is not I find myself not being afraid to use it daily..which is obviously a good thing!! ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I wish I had been able to see the reviews before purchasing this at Target. Thank goodness it was only $3. As other reviewers said, it is heavily perfumed. Now who thought that cleaning eyeshadow brushes with perfume was a good idea? In addition, it doesn't work at all. I had to reclean every single brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by KristiCho

The smell was the first thing I noticed when I opened the package. Like other raters said, it smells like cheap perfume or my grandma's potpourri. I guess it does the job but I don't tend to cake product into my brushes. I will definitely keep the bottle once it's empty and perhaps make my own green non-smelly version of daily brush cleaner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

No good even for a spot clean. I have used other liquid brush cleaners before and this one is hands down the worst. It can't clean a brush even a tad to save it's life. Definitely a waste of good money. Bummer :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was tired of having to actually deep clean my brushes every time I used them and I actually kind of like it! I have a very sensitive nose and the smell doesn't bother me, it's actually quite pleasant, and it seems to do the job in getting my brushes clean. Packaging is kind of flimsy but then again, for $3, you can't really go wrong!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, the smell gives me a headache. Every time. Some say its floral-y, but it smells like a cheap hairspray or a cheap hooker perfume (excuse me lol). If I spray it on a brush then wipe on a clean towel I can see some product come off (eye shadow brushes), but the color remains on the brush. HOWEVER, it isn't meant to totally clean the brush. It does make it so you can use a different color the next time you use the brush. I don't know, not even worth the $3 for me. The smell is a deal breaker. And the nozzle leaks. Sorry elf :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

When you compare this product to another brush cleaner, remember that this product is a fraction of the price of other brands.
You get MORE than what you paid for.
I've always used sephora's daily brush cleaner and bought this just to try it out.
I actually really like it.
I didn't even notice the scent until I read the reviews. It's not noticeable so it doesn't bother me at all.
It gets the job done and removes all of the makeup on my brushes. My brushes also get really stiff because I dip my brushes into ELF's makeup lock and seal. It removes that completely as well.
After I use this brush cleaner, I like to spritz a little bit of water onto a paper towel (or just a wet paper towel) and clean off any solution that may be left behind on the brush. It is, after all, 3 bucks so the quality of the ingredients is lower. I always make sure my brushes are clean from the solution before they touch my skin again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by mellifera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I'm on my third bottle of this cleaner. I switched to this after running out of Sephora's Daily Cleaner and haven't looked back. It lets me go a week or two between cleaning my powder and eyeshadow brushes. That said this won't get anything you used on creme eyeshadows or liquid foundation clean, but then, that's not what it's for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say first it's not a brush cleanser. It is meant to be used in between colours so you don't need to use a new brush. It's supposed to help you maintain your brushes until you wash them. This in no way cleans your brushes and it say's it's not a cleaner just something to use to keep your brushes clean between colours. Giving this a negative review isn't fair because it's not a cleanser! When you read the instructions it says to be used in between washings.

I also like the smell and for 3$ it's a good deal. People always seem to be extra critical of lower priced products well what did you expect it's 3 bucks not 30$ so don't expect 30$ results from a 3$ product it's unfair to say the least. I find people to be so forgiving if something HE doesn't work but something that costs a lot less people are like omg it's junk. Bet they wouldn't say it about their MAC brush cleaner if it didn't do the job. Such a lame double standard!

I buy HE and DS products and review them fairly because not everyone can buy a super expensive product and for the price to keep my brushes decent in between washings it works great. Just spray and wipe your brush on a gentle cloth and you'll see most of the colour is removed. I used it with my small stipple brush after cream blush and it worked beautifully and in my opinion it smells nice and clean. I like it and recommend it to keep your brushes in good shape between washings.

Nothing substitutes washing your brushes but if you use a lot of eye colours like me it's excellent because I can go to one bright colour to the next without the colours mixing, and coming out wrong on my eyes. That is worth 3$ to me and I will repurchase because of that. Also like I said for 3$ what do you have to loose.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off I don't know what everyone else is talking about, I absolutely LOVE the scent! I can't stop sniffing my brushes after spraying them! Heck, I'd buy it Even if it didn't work at all to use as just a fragrance for my brushes! For 3 bucks my brushes are cleaner & refreshed. Will repurchase.