E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denat, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben

on 8/4/2015 2:34:00 AM

I haven't tried the cinema secrets brush studio yet so I can compare it with this product but I will say that by the looks of it it does the same thing. I think you must have a very filthy brush if you claim that this product does absolutely nothing for your brush. I like to spray my brush 6-10 timeand then I grab a clean paper napkin and make circular motions on it and it does remove a lot of gunk. Granted, it doesn't leave the brush squeaky clean but it does remove extra residue and makeup. This is really cheap in price compared to the cinema secrets brush cleaner which is about $8 for only 2 ounces. So I'd say for $3 it's worth a try. To be honest I don't know if I would repurchase just because I prefer deep cleaning my makeup brushes after each use, regardless how time consuming it is. Also remember that brushes with synthetic bristles breed less bacteria than those with natural bristles, so if you're concerned about the cleanliness of your brushes keep that in mind. The smell is funky though, it smells like farts and chemicals lol jk, but overall it's alright, I don't think it dwarves a bad rep and like I said, yourakeuo brushes must be super dry and dirty if you really claim that this doesn't do squat for your brushes, because I promise you that when I use this, there is a lot of product that comes off even on brushes that I've only used once.

on 7/30/2015 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because I wanted to save money and I regret it. The scent is terrible and very strong that sometimes I get dizzy. It's useless when I'm in a hurry because it takes forever to dry. I hate this product, mostly because of the smell.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I spritz my brushes in between faces when I work a MUA gig and it gets off any residue. I dont use this as the main way to clean my brushes however, I have Dawn for that

This is my second bottle of this stuff, and it's the first one of its kind that I have as I have yet to try other products. I deep-clean my brushes with a small amount of baby shampoo and water every week or two, and this is supposed to be good for "in-between" cleaning. Some people have a problem with the smell and it's not BAD but it does linger for a while (and it actually smells like this Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer I have called Pacific Cool Breeze which I find a little funny). I own a few Sigma brushes and at first I was a little hesitant to use this spray on my more "expensive" brushes--I don't know what it is but I feel like it stains my pencil brush and blending brush that are white...when I swipe them on a piece of tissue paper to make sure it doesn't have anymore product on it, it seems clean but I noticed a "dark stain" on them when I use this cleaner. I have heard of another method of quick-cleaning your brushes with a stippling sponge** (THANK YOU, WAYNE GOSS!) so I'll probably end up doing that than buying another bottle of this.

**Quick note on the stippling sponge: if you watch that Wayne Goss video on youtube, he talks about that stippling sponge product that's packaged and sold for like $25-30...if you have the kind of money to splurge on something you can get for a couple dollars, go for it, but you're better off just getting the sponge itself from Amazon or something :)

I bought it when I was stocking up on new brushes. It is, after all, important to keep your brushes clean. After I used it, however, I've found that it has this terrible chemical smell! That smell clung to everything in the room, and only after a copious airing-out, it left.
Besides that, it tend to dribble down the spout, which leaves much to be desired int he packaging department.
I've found that using my bodywash (Johnson's Soft 24 Hour moisturizing) plus hot water works more efficently, plus, it smells nicer. Avoid this cleaning spray. It's gross. Still, at only 3 or 4 dollars, it wasn't a hugh loss.

DO NOT BUY!!!

I bought this and it smelled like chemicals and makes me cough. It makes ur brush bristles hard and the packaging is horrible. I came to my vanity to do my makeup and i kept this on top of my vanity and it broke and spilled over night. I came to find my desk, which is wooden, with bubbles and bumps where the cleaner had spilled. I tried to scrape it off but it was filled with wood; it didn't bubble the paint but the wood. I guess it smelled like chemicals for a reason. If it can ruin a sturdy vanity i wouldn't dare put it on something that touches my face.

on 4/3/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- it's cheap

CONS:
- it does NOT clean my brushes even a bit. I really can't even notice a difference between before and after use.
- The smell is like cheap perfume. I don't mind it too much, but it stays with the brush and even transfers onto your skin when you put on makeup.

on 4/2/2015 10:16:00 PM

Overall, I like the idea of a quick anti-bac solution to sanitise brushes in between the proper weekly clean of brushes, however, I did find this spray made the bristles harder on my foundation brush. I usually use baby oil and shampoo to clean.

The smell is similar to cucumber, but not disgusting. I would buy again only for emergencies as I prefer cleaning my brushes properly.

on 4/2/2015 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF!! Great price, cleans my brushes just fine! I am sensitive to perfumes (sinus allergies) but this scent does NOT bother me. Actually, I like it. Does not affect my skin/eyes on next day use. Fabulous value. WILL repurchase.

on 3/15/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I Love this stuff! I never even noticed the scent to be honest. I just smelled it, after reading the negative reviews. I, personally don't have a problem with it, tho, it is strong, cheap perfume smell. I keep a dark washcloth on my vanity for my dirty brushes. After each makeup application, I spray 1,2, or 3 sprays on the washcloth and swipe my brushes a few times, put them in their home n they're nice n clean for the next use! Someone reviewed "mix water n alcohol n make own solution" Frankly, I don't care for an alcohol smell. For $3, I think it's worth a try.