April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Loose Powders - Urban Decay - Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this powder. I use it almost every day. I agree with all the criticisms of the packaging. I ripped the sponge right off and just pour the powder into the cap and then apply with a fluffy brush. It's easy to pour out too much and easy to get powder all over. It's not travel friendly thats for sure. It does look cute on my dressing table, though. I was using the ELF Hi Def powder. I had repurchased it more than once. It's a good powder but it sometimes left a white cast that I didn't care for. The Urban Decay powder eliminates that problem entirely. I use very little so one container should last quite a long time. Will certainly repurchase. It's a little pricey. But worth it. It gives a beautiful finishing touch to my makeup that I didn't even know I needed until I tried it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

To start off yes this powder has unusual packaging. The attached puff seems a bit akward but once you get used to it the finish it gives is wonderful. I alternate between using the puff and using a separate brush. Either way this powder never emphasizes fine lines or pores. What I get is a soft matte finish that I never have to touch up. This powder over UD Naked Skin foundation are perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This translucent finishing powder works great. Sets my foundation without looking powdery and gives on overall visually smoothing effect. I don't often do a full face, but when I do, this powder is the best at making the foundation, blush, highlight, and contour look seamless and more natural. With my brown skin, I was hesitant to try translucent powder, but this super light powder blends right in and doesn't look ashy. For reference, I have cocoa brown combination to normal skin with acne scars and hyperpigmentation. It minimizes my t-zone shine and helps my face last all day. I even use it with a little bronzer for a barefaced (looking) glow and its amazing. There's no smell and it hasn't bothered my sensitive skin or eyes. There's enough detail in the other reviews about the sponge puff thing, so I won't go into it. I removed the inner sponge layers and just dust some into the top through the puff and apply with a real techniques brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by nikktionary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so, as most are saying, the packaging for this product is a nightmare. But the actual powder is a godsend! I left the sponge puff applicator attached and keep it on the "close" setting. I just unscrew the whole top part off, dip a brush in the powder, and apply it that way. You don't waste product that way and it's a lot cleaner. The powder itself is amazing and does exactly what it claims. Try it out if you want! Just be wary of the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

When I first attempted to use this finishing powder, I absolutely hated it! I'd been to the UD beauty counter with a friend and we both have fairly similar pale skin tones and when the assistant put the powder on my friends face I was just amazed. Like I had to have it right there and then! She teamed it with the Naked Skin foundation which I love and it looked great. So when I first came to use it, I thought what pretty packaging, although you do not get a lot of product for what you pay for. I opened it up and observed the puff thing (the WORST example of a puff IN THE WORLD) and assumed that you twisted the top off and dipped the puff thing in to apply, though I had no plans to use it because I hate puffs. Anyway, I was wrong about the application. You actually have to twist it and the powder comes to the surface of the puff so that you can pat the product on.
As as result of trying to apply the powder in that way, it left a great big orange mark on my forehead! It did not look good, and was also really hard to get rid of! Bear in mind that this is allegedly a translucent powder, and therefore should suit any skin tone and not come up orange. I had to use my Laura Mercier powder to make an attempt at buffing the orange out, and it all ended up in my hairline and it was just not good.
The second application was far better. I got rid of the stupid puff, literally ripped it off the top, tapped out the powder into the lid and applied with my normal powder brush. The effect after doing that was just fabulous. There was no orange, made it matte where it needed to be, and kept my make up there all day. I don't like it as much as my Laura Mercier loose powder, but it is the cheaper option and its not a bad product at all. I would recommend it without the puff, and would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by GentleReader

I own both this setting powder and the MUFE HD loose powder. They perform about equally as far as I can tell in setting foundation and keeping oil at bay without giving an overly dry/powdery look. I do like the slight peachy cast of the UD Razor-sharp powder as it's a little kinder to my NC17ish skintone--I look a little less pale and washed out when I use it versus the MUFE HD powder. I don't know about it's ability to magically blur out any imperfections, but when I take care with my makeup--skin prep, priming, foundation, concealing, and then this powder--I am able to get a fairly flawless/airbrushed look. But again, I think that's more the result of good foundation/concealer application.

The reason for my ho-hum three-star review? The packaging has to be the worst idea in the history of cosmetics. What was UD thinking? The only reason I didn't return this product after observing firsthand the mind-boggling awfulness of the packaging was because I ripped the sponge applicator off the top of the jar and am able to dispense a small amount of product into the lid of an old MAC loose powder container.

Unless UD rethinks the packaging of this product, I will not be repurchasing. There are far too many other good quality setting powders out there with which I don't have to wrestle with the packaging and which cost the same or less than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by simplymomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first heard of this product I wanted to try it. I was very hesitant though to make the purchase since I read so many negative reviews about it. Every single one I read said the user could not get the powder out, and most wound up breaking the applicator sponge off and just used a brush! I was horrified!!! That wastes so much of the fine powder! Urban Decay designed this to specifically work with this sponge! So as much as I dislike telling my secrets here's a little tip so that maybe UD wont discontinue this powder!! To easily release the powder from jar, turn product over so the applicator sponge is facing down, then gently use thumbs to pump the sponge several times until you notice a fine plume of powder float out. At that point I will either squeeze the product above my face or dab it across my prominent features; I.e.forehead, nose bridge, apples, jaw line and tip of chin, then I softly blend it in with the product's applicator. A little goes a very long way! I am slightly disappointed however at how quick primer and or foundation cakes up the sponge. I usually do not have enough time to let my wet product dry completely before I use my powder. To top it all off the humidity here in Texas rarely lets anything dry all the way. I am unsure of how to clean my sponge to get the buildup off since it is attached to the powder jar. I would be disappointed if I got the powder inside moist.

The cost of the powder is worth it! I do not think I have a single negative opinion about it! For years I used a compact from covergirl, but it is no longer available in my area.
If you are looking for a setting powder that will even out your complexion, to go over your foundation, that will not make you look like a ghost, this is the finishing powder for you! It allows your natural complexion to show through and if worn over foundation, it allows the color of the foundation to come through without it looking like cake. It does not settle into fine lines or pores.
I am thrilled I did not "judge this book by the cover"! The value is perfect! I would use about one normal powder compact once every month or so and I have used my razor-sharp for about three months now and will still have enough for another several months! In the end, the razor-sharp ends up being less expensive than the compact!
AMAZING PRODUCT! EVERYONE SHOULD USE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Light and works well doesn't prevent oil but also doesn't make oily skin oilier . Would prob purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by spoofles

I really like this powder. I usually don't wear powder because I am in my late 40's and don't want to emphasize fine lines or wrinkles more than necessary. This powder does blur my pores and gives my skin a more flawless look without looking dry or powdery. I have used Bare Minerals for some time, but it has begun to make my skin look really dry. The color the MUA picked for me at the urban decay counter works well for me. I am curious how this will hold up and wear as the weather gets hotter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by effstar

Great powder, awful packaging.