August 31, 2014 | 1004 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Pacifica - Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this on a whim when it was on sale at Target (although it was still a little expensive given the size... 8 oz). I was really drawn to the Art Deco-style packaging and the scent. I wouldn't call is a "body butter" since it's not that thick or moisturizing, but it leaves my skin feeling and smelling wonderful. It's the perfect size, too, for a medium long trip. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I got a travel size of the body butter in a set from Target for $17. I've heard a few YouTubers talk about it, so I really wanted to try it. I generally hate any type of lotion because my skin doesn't get dry very often, so most lotions leave me feeling overly greasy. However, this body butter doesn't make me greasy at all. I mainly use it on my hands, and it smells SO good, and like I said, it isn't greasy at all. It is quite expensive, which is the main reason why I probably won't repurchase it, but it's a great body butter overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by rayychell

Along with most of the reviews on here I received the sample size of it in my ipsy bag. I immediately fell in love with the smell and bought a full sized one (I pack the sample size one with me on my travels so I'm never without it! hehe...).
The smell isn't entirely composed of oranges as I can smell hints of raspberry and other scents that lean on the sweet side, but whatever it is, it smells amazing! In addition to the smell, the lotion is extremely moisturizing and thick. I have very dry legs that can often get flakey at times, but this body butter takes care of it. I usually apply it after I shower or before I go out and it absorbs within five minutes. The smell is quite strong when I first apply it, but it fades after around an hour. It comes in a squeeze tube type of bottle that a lot of lotions come in.
I found the full-sized bottle for around 11 bucks at Target (I think it mightve been on sale around that time), but I know Pacifica has deals/offers quite often online as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UGH! BEAUTIFUL!
I've been spritzing the Tuscan Blood Orange perfume at Whole Foods for about two years now, but rarely do I justify spending money on fragrances unless they REALLY wow me. Either way, when I discovered that this line had a body butter as well, I was excited to try it. However, the price that Whole Foods was charging was exorbitant (as their prices can sometimes be), so I shied away from trying it out.
Over the past month, my skin has been super-flaky. I usually combat this with coconut oil directly after a shower, but I ran out and haven't had the chance to get to the one store in my area that sells the extra-virgin kind, so I needed something fast or I'd feel like my skin was on fire.
Ran to Target the other day and discovered that they had the Pacifica range of body butters. They were charging $8 less than Whole Foods (it was still $13, which is high for a body butter for me, but I really wanted to try this stuff), so I picked it up. And it has worked wonders for me.
My skin has felt so supple and silky and the scent is absolutely to-die-for. It's so summery and sweet. I don't even have to start off with coconut oil - I just smooth this on right after I dry off and my skin is flake-free and soft all day. It's also wonderful on my oft-washed hands, keeping them from getting cracked and rough.
The packaging is pretty typical of body creams - it's a large squeeze tube with a pop-cap. The design on the packaging is quite pleasing. Very pretty and definitely conveys the sweetness of the scent inside.
I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

EDIT 7/19/13: Nearly ran out of the Tuscan Blood Orange, so this morning, I picked up the Indian Coconut Nectar scented lotion and it performs every bit as beautifully as the Tuscan Blood Orange. In fact, I noticed that these body butters actually brighten my tattoos! Huzzah!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pacifica says their Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter will help you "smell incredible with our nourishing and antioxidant rich ingredients. Our body butter helps fight signs of aging while adding deep moisture and protection. Made with nature's best moisturizers - shea butter, almond oil, and safflower oil. Pacifica offers two sizes of their body butters, an 8 oz ($15) and a travel size 2.5 oz ($7). I have the travel sized tube, which I received in an Ipsy Bag. Pacifica is a cruelty free, vegan friendly brand that specializes in fragrance, so these body butters are available in a variety of naturally inspired scents. Pacifica products can be purchased on the brand's website, at Target, and select Whole Foods grocery stores. This product was made in the USA.
Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter comes in a yellow squeeze tube with a flip top cap. The front of the tube features the product name, Pacifica logo, and slides of blood oranges. The back of the tube offers a scent description and a full ingredient list. This product's packaging is recyclable.
Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter is a thick white cream. Despite it's thick texture, Pacifica's body butter melts right into the skin and isn't greasy in the slightest. This body butter is one of the most effective moisturizers I've ever used. Lately my elbows have been falling apart, they're red, cracked, and so, so dry. Pacifica's Body Butter has nearly fixed the problem in just two days. That's really impressive. The moisture this product delivers is long lasting and very softening. I also feel like Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter really gives the skin a smooth, healthy appearance.
The scent of Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange Body butter is described as a "delicate blend, juicy and spicy blood orange is offset with subtle strawberry and raspberry notes and grounded in fleshy mandarin and Italian oranges. An orange connoisseur's dream!". Normally I hate oranges, the scent of them makes me nauseated, so I was really wary of trying this body butter. Luckily, that doesn't happen at all when I smell Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange scent. Its a surprisingly realistic fragrance, it smells just like a fresh peeled orange; sweet, juicy, and kinda tart, but at the same time there's more to this scent than just orange, but what? I can't quite place my finger on it.
Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter is an excellent product! The packaging is attractive. The price point is a little high, about on par with or slightly more expensive than Bath&BodyWorks body butters. The quality of this body butter is great, it really seems to benefit my skin and it leaves behind a natural, delicious, citrus scent. If you're a body butter fanatic, or a lover of vegan lotions, you need to try Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This is an outstanding lotion! It's so moisturizing, and is especially perfect for my dry winter hands. It does feel a bit greasy when you first put it on, but that goes away quickly. I put it on when I go to bed, so my hands feel amazing in the morning. I didn't get to choose the scent I got though, since I received the lotion in my Ipsy Glam Bag, so I'm not a big fan of the orange scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fragrance-loving type of gal. Many times I avoid fragrances because they give me a headache, but this scent is heavenly if you like fruity or citrus scents... it does smell sweet as well though. The scent is not long-lasting, which is a plus for me, but I can certainly understand how it could be a bummer for some. Pacifica describes it as "blend, juicy and spicy Blood Orange is offset with subtle Strawberry and Raspberry notes and grounded in fleshy Mandarin and Italian Sweet Orange." I think that's an accurate description; although, it kind of smells like mango to me too. It has vitamin e, kukui nut, macadamia nut and rosehip seed oils combined with shea and mango butters, which is plenty moisturizing for my skin, but I don't have particularly dry skin due to living in a warm, humid climate, so I can't say whether it would be moisturizing enough for severely dry skin. As long as I don't use too much, it soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I purchased the 8 oz tube from Target for $14.99. Loooove it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Received this item in my Ipsy bag and I am absolutely in love with it!! The best thing I've received from Ipsy so far (even better than the Josie Maran argan oil)! The citrus scent is delicious and not overpowering at all. It really does smell like fresh zesty oranges and not candy! I use this cream as a hand cream and it leaves my hands soft without feeling greasy. As a body butter, it absorbs quickly as well without leaving behind any sticky film or residue. I will gladly purchase the full size once I'm done and would definitely wouldn't mind trying out Pacifica's other scents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Smells good enough to eat! It absorbs quickly and isn't sticky at all. I love how smooth and hydrating it feels on my skin. The fragrance is overwhelming sometimes and lingers for a while, but its something I've learned to get used to.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by limelipgloss

I loooove the scent of this!!! It smells so pretty, sweet, fresh, and fruity without being cloying. I forgot that the fragrance has no staying power though, which is why I give this a "3" overall. It's a little expensive but regardless I would repurchase because I am such a sucker for this scent. The body butter is okay, it's not too greasy which I appreciate. However, it could be a bit more moisturizing.

I just wish their product fragrances had more staying power to make the price more worth it. I love orange scents as long as they don't smell like creamsicle... (Yummy to eat but kind of sickening to wear all day), and this one is nice. It smells of oranges, raspberries, and a bit of strawberry. I don't smell much strawberry in it though. Once it dries way down, it smells almost like a faint, frutiy floral.

Still would repurchase.