October 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Lip Treatments - Bonne Bell - lip smacker 100% natural

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by iceboi

Got this at Dollarama in both Honey Dew and Acai. For $1. I didnt find it to be gritty. Really moisturizing and nice scent. Its pretty long lasting too. I am quite impressed with these lip balms i really didnt expect much from it and just bought it for fun. This is going into a Staple product for me and for $1. I highly Recommend this and its natural very impressive!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Helen1234

Picked this up at Dollarama for a buck. Nice!
I have it in the honeydew melon. Love the smell. Does it taste? No. But I don't buy lipsmackers to get a taste, I buy them to moisturize my lips. And that they do!
I don't feel anything gritty as some other posters have commented.
Paraben free, 100 % natural, amazing ingredients, olive oil, I am a fan off.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by topni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! A lot of people say they find this lip balm gritty but I dont find it gritty at all. It glides on so smoothly and feel really great on the lips. I got the vanilla bean, it smells really nice, i wouldnt really say it smells like vanilla, it smells kinda candy sweet (?!?). You can tell its artificial scent so not really 100% natural. Rather than that, I pretty happy with the product. Decent lip balm with no petroleum and all that nasty stuff. Does a good job of moisteurizing. Not sticky or thick. Packaging is not the best. I love Nivea's lip balm packaging. Its the best ever (not the actual product inside though).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Pink Guava, and I really like it. It's a good balm - moisturizing, fairly natural, very little scent, and inexpensive. I'm happy and I'd buy it again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by tlatrice

I bought this in Honeydew Melon. As other reviewers have said, it's gritty when first applied and while it had a nice scent, it has no flavor, which is somewhat disappointing for me. It did moisturize my lips pretty well, but the grittiness was such a turn off for me that once I ran out (thankfully) I decided not to buy another one. I was really hoping I would like it because the ingredients seemed like it would be so wonderful on the lips. Maybe I'll just have to make my own lip balm. LOL!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I think the one bad thing about this chapstick is that it is super gritty. I bought the acai berry and it is moisturing, but it doesn't last and I don't like the sandpaper feeling on my lips when you first put it on. The smell is ok and the taste is regular chapstick like but overall not my favorite chapstick. I do love Bonnebells regular lipsmackers, my fav is watermelon, it never fails me I love it. Well guess its back to that!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by tansariaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this balm in Honeydew Melon.

Well, let me just say that I disliked this product very much. The smell was pretty, but that's the only redeeming quality of this product.
When I put it on, I noticed that it didn't glide across my lips easily. The formula is sticky, thick and shiny. I did not feel comfortable with it on and it didn't moisturize AT ALL.

Overall, I pretty much hated it. I don't recommend this product to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though I love my trusty Blistex DCT with SPF 20% (check out my review), I found myself missing the good old Lipsmacker stick for a happier scent/flavour and for hygienic reasons when I'm on the go. As I was about to grab my all time favourite Dr. Pepper, I saw the Natural line AND it was on sale for $2.00 at SDM so I figured I'd give it a shot. This review is on Pink Guava scent.
I suspect if yours is grainy and you got it on sale, chances are, it wasn't handled properly and beeswax started to separate from oils. Mine is completely smooth; that being said, I anticipated "artificial-intense" scent/flavour only to be slightly disappointed that the scent of beeswax was clearly the star in this product. Nothing tragic but doesn't exactly make me look forward to reapplication. It goes on nicely, however it sits on the surface of your lips meanwhile I prefer my balm to penetrate and nourish a little but that's strictly personal preference. Some reviewers complained about averse effects causing lip dryness but I didn't notice any of that in the past few days of use. Lastly, the 100% Natural is a registered trademark and not a factual claim as there are synthetic elements present although to Bone Bell's defense, natural ingredients definitely prevail in this product compared to the rest of their happy artificial flavours.

The only reason I said I would give this product another buy is to see if maybe Acai scent would overpower the scent of wax but I'm not getting my hopes up. I also had an issue with the lack of proper sealing and thought that the excessive cardboard packaging was pointless even though it was earth friendly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Acai Berry and really like that it says it is 100% natural, with the ingredients being listed as Olive Oil, Beeswax, Pure Fruit Essence, Aloe and Vitamin E. It smells yummy, like a grape/berry scent, and is very moisturizing. I typically use it as an overnight treatment, it adds quite a bit of shine to my lips. It is very slick and a soft formula, not waxy or thick at all. It goes on very smooth, I did not experience any of the grittiness that other reviews have mentioned. I would like to try the other flavors now.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by peachfireflies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You won't be smacking your lips when you put on Lipsmackers 100% natural.
I bought the acai berry one. The price was about $3, very cheap. The packaging looked nice. However, the actual product was not good. There was no smell or taste at all, It was was girtty and slimy, and it did not moisturize all that well. Plus, 2 days after using it I have a red bump on my lip. I do not recommend it.