Alaffia Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Wash

4.4

Unscented version: Water, Aqueous Neem Leaf (Azadirachta indica) Extract, Handcrafted Shea Butter Soap (Saponified Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter* and Virgin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Oil), Cocamidopropyl Betaine. Scented version: as above PLUS Sucrose, Essential Oil and/or Vanilla Extract.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice mild body wash and the scents are fantastic. I think it is a great choice for the budget minded (especially on sale) and the huge 32 oz bottle lasts a long time (almost too long).

on 10/10/2014 10:30:00 AM

In my quest to treat my skin and body better, I was excited to try this product. I love the message of the company and the product is exquisite: natural and gentle yet effective. I have very dry skin, especially on my legs (they look like dried up river beds if I don't moisturize) and most body washes, no matter how "moisturizing" they claim to be, leave my skin just as dry as when I started. This is the first body wash that has virtually eliminated the dry, scaly look from my legs. It leaves my entire body feeling soft, clean, and very moisturized. The scent does not linger after you get out of the shower, which is fine with me (I got the vanilla mint), but it is very invigorating during use. I shower in the mornings and the refreshing smell wakes my senses right up!

On top of it all, the size of the bottle is a great value: 32oz for just over $10! Very pleased.

on 7/8/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing. I use it as a hand and face wash, and it has never let me down. I have used it as body was as well, with great results. It's about ten bucks for a huge, ginormous bottle - with a pump! It's not insanely foamy, like traditional body washes, unless you work with it. I think I'm on my 5th bottle. I will never not repurchase.

on 12/22/2013 1:11:00 PM

I love this body wash. I have used Dr. Bronner's and I hate the fact that you have to dilute it. This product is very mild, yet cleanses and doesn't dry out my skin. It lasts me six months and I will buy it again and again and again.

on 4/7/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Bought it to use as body wash but it gave my chest a few spots after only two days use which is strange (and sad) as it acted as a really good moisturizer for my super dry skin. Started using it as hand soap and it moisturized amazingly. No need to use lotion afterwards. If you're the kind of person who wants that squeeky clean feel though this product isn't it. It washed great but leaves what I feel is a shea butter film. Ran out of shampoo and tried it out on my 4c naturally afro hair and GA-DAMN! My hair felt softer than any shampoo I've used since the now discontinued (sob) Creme of Nature (green top/cream colored bottle) moisturizing shampoo that every ethnic person alive still cries over. It makes your hair THAT soft). Soooo, it's now my only shampoo/conditioner and hand soap. It's so good i'm not going to buy the same brand singular shampoo/conditioner versions. It's lasted a crazy long time also, about 3 months so far and there's still a quarter of the bottle left. Like I said though, if you have oily skin stay well away. If you have dry hair though run to it. It'll cut down your curly hair product and possible cut out your need for conditoner forever.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really wanted to like this stuff. it had a good smell and had a really nice lather, but i am allergic to something in it. i am 28 and have never had an allergic reaction to anything, so its odd. disappointing!

on 1/20/2013 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Been using this for a few years. I started out using the unscented, but WholeFoods was out of it last time I went to restock my supply, so I tried the Vanilla Mint and liked it a lot. Very invigorating, but not drying at all. Really, a tremendous buy, gentle and no parabens or anything else I try to avoid. I alternate with Boscia, which I love, which is slightly more moisturing, but a ton more money.

on 1/3/2013 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this gentle body wash and have the unscented version. I've been endlessly sifting through products to find the most eczema-friendly ones for my picky, sensitive skin. The combination of shea butter and coconut oil is a winner, and the big win is that there are no sulfates. The ingredient list is pretty simple, which is refreshing, and you get a lot of body wash at a great value. (Generally $9-$10 for 32 fl. oz.) The downside is that it isn't the most moisturizing soap in the world (try Canus Goat's Milk soap), but it's so gentle that I'm pleased with it for the most part. Just have lotion at the ready.

I've been using the Unscented version for quite some time and figured this product deserved a review. This is my HG body wash. I have extremely dry skin and suffer from eczema and seborrheic dermatitis. Scented products, much to my dismay, irritate my skin, and cause rashes in all the worst places. It actually took me quite some time to finally discover this. I've tried every cheap drugstore body wash plus many other unscented/chemical free body washes (Jason's, Alba Botanica, etc.). Nothing results as good as Everyday Shea. While it isn't completely fragrance-free (I detect something), it isn't offensive and never irritates my skin. Since using this body wash, I have had no rashes! It leaves my skin very soft. My only complaint is that it's quite expensive for my college-student budget. The bottle DOES last me about 3-4 months, but at $12.00 a bottle, it hurts just a smidge. Still, sometimes, I wish I could just run to Target and get the cheapest bottle of some soap there, but unless I want to suffer the consequences, I will stick with my Everyday Shea. From reading other reviews, I want to try it as a shampoo as well.

on 7/31/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great multi-tasking, natural product.
I mostly love it as a body wash and keep a bottle in the shower. I also use it once in awhile for washing my hair although it can be a bit drying. On occasion I have used it for washing my face in the shower, and if one wanted to have one product to do it all, this could be it.
By the sink, it's great as a hand wash and for washing delicate items without leaving the film behind that typical castile soaps do.
I use the lavender one which is not overpowering in scent and does not seem to linger past use.

Popular Gels/Soaps