April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Gels/Soaps - Alaffia - Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

I love this body wash. I have used Dr. Bronner's and I hate the fact that you have to dilute it. This product is very mild, yet cleanses and doesn't dry out my skin. It lasts me six months and I will buy it again and again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought it to use as body wash but it gave my chest a few spots after only two days use which is strange (and sad) as it acted as a really good moisturizer for my super dry skin. Started using it as hand soap and it moisturized amazingly. No need to use lotion afterwards. If you're the kind of person who wants that squeeky clean feel though this product isn't it. It washed great but leaves what I feel is a shea butter film. Ran out of shampoo and tried it out on my 4c naturally afro hair and GA-DAMN! My hair felt softer than any shampoo I've used since the now discontinued (sob) Creme of Nature (green top/cream colored bottle) moisturizing shampoo that every ethnic person alive still cries over. It makes your hair THAT soft). Soooo, it's now my only shampoo/conditioner and hand soap. It's so good i'm not going to buy the same brand singular shampoo/conditioner versions. It's lasted a crazy long time also, about 3 months so far and there's still a quarter of the bottle left. Like I said though, if you have oily skin stay well away. If you have dry hair though run to it. It'll cut down your curly hair product and possible cut out your need for conditoner forever.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Charlotte8403

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really wanted to like this stuff. it had a good smell and had a really nice lather, but i am allergic to something in it. i am 28 and have never had an allergic reaction to anything, so its odd. disappointing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Been using this for a few years. I started out using the unscented, but WholeFoods was out of it last time I went to restock my supply, so I tried the Vanilla Mint and liked it a lot. Very invigorating, but not drying at all. Really, a tremendous buy, gentle and no parabens or anything else I try to avoid. I alternate with Boscia, which I love, which is slightly more moisturing, but a ton more money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this gentle body wash and have the unscented version. I've been endlessly sifting through products to find the most eczema-friendly ones for my picky, sensitive skin. The combination of shea butter and coconut oil is a winner, and the big win is that there are no sulfates. The ingredient list is pretty simple, which is refreshing, and you get a lot of body wash at a great value. (Generally $9-$10 for 32 fl. oz.) The downside is that it isn't the most moisturizing soap in the world (try Canus Goat's Milk soap), but it's so gentle that I'm pleased with it for the most part. Just have lotion at the ready.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by littleredbird1

I've been using the Unscented version for quite some time and figured this product deserved a review. This is my HG body wash. I have extremely dry skin and suffer from eczema and seborrheic dermatitis. Scented products, much to my dismay, irritate my skin, and cause rashes in all the worst places. It actually took me quite some time to finally discover this. I've tried every cheap drugstore body wash plus many other unscented/chemical free body washes (Jason's, Alba Botanica, etc.). Nothing results as good as Everyday Shea. While it isn't completely fragrance-free (I detect something), it isn't offensive and never irritates my skin. Since using this body wash, I have had no rashes! It leaves my skin very soft. My only complaint is that it's quite expensive for my college-student budget. The bottle DOES last me about 3-4 months, but at $12.00 a bottle, it hurts just a smidge. Still, sometimes, I wish I could just run to Target and get the cheapest bottle of some soap there, but unless I want to suffer the consequences, I will stick with my Everyday Shea. From reading other reviews, I want to try it as a shampoo as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by caile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great multi-tasking, natural product.
I mostly love it as a body wash and keep a bottle in the shower. I also use it once in awhile for washing my hair although it can be a bit drying. On occasion I have used it for washing my face in the shower, and if one wanted to have one product to do it all, this could be it.
By the sink, it's great as a hand wash and for washing delicate items without leaving the film behind that typical castile soaps do.
I use the lavender one which is not overpowering in scent and does not seem to linger past use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first few times that I used this it left my skin soft and clean. But after a while my skin turned very dry and a little itchy. I tried using it as a facial cleanser but it left my skin red. I think that this is an ok product but the ph is a little high.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Bcakes

a nice basic plain body wash, however was allergic to something in it kind of because it gave me a rash when i used a lot of it. but if i use it sparingly with a delicate hand it is fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

-Bought for 3 important reasons: 1. Huge bottle w/ a convenient pump. 2. REAL shea butter that's close to the source. 3. NO parabens or weird synthetic fragrances added. It was on sale and I wanted to try a natural body wash out.

-I REALLY like this body wash. Even though it's natural, it's certainly not lacking in terms of lather. It's easy to use, with the pump when you're in the shower & you don't have to fuss with replacing it so often because the bottle is HUGE. It's relatively unscented and moderately moisturizing.

-(Note: If you have very dry skin and are used to using chemical-loaded washes, I would suggest something heavier. This would probably work best with normal to oily skin types.)

-The scent is a mild shea scent. It's not completely unscented though, it does have that "natural" cosmetic fragrance to it, but it's completely "fragrance free" technically, so they don't add anything to it, which is great! If you're into natural & simple products, I would definitely give this a whirl!

-(For reference this bottle is a whopping 32oz! I believe it's usually $14, but I bought it on sale from Whole Foods for $8!)