April 18, 2014 | 1687 users online

Highlighters - Chanel - soleil tan de chanel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This is a beautiful, chic product. It looks quite brown in the packaging which at first scared me - I thought I will look "dirty" or even worse, orange.
It makes your face look sunkissed and healthy. It's completely matte and because it comes in the cream/thik mousse form it is so easy to blend.
I am not sure why people complain about this product to be difficult to work with, I think as long as you have the right tools that's all you need. It will probably not work if you use fingers or sponges. I use my kabuki brush by Real Techniques (the one that folds in half) or my flat top blending brush by the same company. Make sure to swirl the brush in the product lightly and begin sculpting your face, starting with cheek bones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ElineSP

This is the best bronzer EVER!
Many people struggle applying this, but I know the perfect way, the only thing you need is the brush that comes with it!

I take the brush and drag it over the powder 3 times, for me this is the perfect amount and I reccomend it, but find the one that is perfect for YOU! To get the best effect, and most natural, apply it starting on the outer ''angle'' or side of your forhead, down your cheekbones making a pout, in by your nose under your eyes, straight down and to your chin. Don't forget your nosetip!

I learnt this method by a magazine I bought in Sweden actually, and it's perfect! When you're buying it, be sure to NOT pick a shade that's too dark! I thought mine (number 62 Terre Epice) would be WAY to light, but when you apply it like this it's amazing anyway!

Back to the product:
I am very happy with this, and it's absolutely my favourite! I thought it would be too ''reddish'', but I had read so many good reviews so I thought I'd give it a try. It's AMAZING! I reccomend it to everybody, and all of my friends, INCLUDING YOU!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I am so dissapointed by this product!
I've had it for about 2 months, I've tried it in every way, with so many different brushes, and watched various YouTube videos.
I still cannot figure out how to apply it!!
I guess the problem is that the texture of the product.
It requires alot of work and can look too over done once it's layered.
I love the packaging, but it is really expensive and it should not be this hard to apply it.
If you normally like something more natural this is not for you.
I normally use faux tan by bare minerals...which works better for me.
All in all this was a dissapointing purchase :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by NualaMaria

I must be one of the few people in the world who dont like this product!
Let me start with the good, the packaging is goregeous,comes in a round tub with the chanel logo embossed on the lid and you get a lot of product (30g), but then you are paying a lot...
now the bad: you have to apply this product very carefully, otherwise it ends up looking muddy! also, I can't find a decent way to apply this product. I tried putting it on top of my foundation using various brushes, (foundation brush, mac 109 brush) but it seems to shift my foundation and I feel it looks patchy! (not changed my foundation so put it down to the Chanel bronzer)
I think it smells plasticy, but then I don't know could also be the container it comes in...
It also states on the product its a bronzing make up base, suggesting to me its a primer?? mayb i need to try it as a primer and see how that works...
To summerise, I am very disappointed with this product, for that price, your better of getting a few cream colour bases from mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by POPPEDBUBBLE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best bronzers I have ever tried. It's a cream base rather than powder. It blends easy and suits even pale skin tones. I use it daily and the tub seems to last forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely highlighter! I think it works best as a highlighter rather than a bronzer on my skin. I usually apply with a foundation brush after I apply my foundation and generally just apply to the tops of my cheeks. The glow is very subtle with a lovely sheen. The texture is very smooth and the shimmer is very fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by simonetrue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after many friends and professional make up artists raved about it. As I already have olive skin, I have never really felt the need to buy a bronzer before. How wrong I was! I use this to subtly sculpt my face and also just provide a natural glow to stop my foundation looking too 'flat'. The fact that this is a cream based bronzer rather than a powder makes all the difference to me. It is fantastic. You can use it with most brushes, but depending on the look you want, I would use either quite a stiff blusher/contour brush or a kabuki brush. I have just ordered the set of 3 HD brushes from Sigma so am excited to see how they work with this.

I also love that this is not too matte but not at all shimmery so it's the perfect natural finish. It speaks volumes that in the UK this has been sold out in most stores for a long time and there are waiting lists in some areas. Needless to say that I bought a back-up although this product will last a very long time......unless of course you like the George Hamilton look morning, noon and night :)

HAVE DISCOVERED A MIRACLE FOR ME - APPLIED OVER MY MUFE HD CONCEALER (345) OR STILA PERFECTING CONCEALER (F), SOLEIL DE TAN MAKES THE UNDER EYE AREA LOOK FANTASTIC - REALLY WARMS UP THE CONCEALER AS I CAN END UP LOOKING A LITTLE 'ASHY' EVEN WITH THE CORRECT SHADE. SO HAPPY THE MUA AT CHANEL COUNTER IN HARRODS RECOMMENDED THIS USE!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Belle2112

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this earlier on in the year, looking for a replacement for Benefit's discontinued Hollywood Glo.

To be honest, given the price, I was disappointed. It's pretty, but for me it just doesn't stay put for more than a couple of hours - with or without powder. If this was a cheaper product that would be fine, but this is one of the pricier highlighters on the market, and from Chanel I would have expected more.

I don't tend to use it now, and instead opt for Girl Meets Pearl, which I got last week and have found to be miles better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by macsephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a pretty highlighter for summer. The hint of bronze to it adds a nice dewey touch to the whole look. I just use my finger to dab on the highlighter to my temples, cheekbones, bridge of nose, and cupid's bow. It has a little bit of a sheen. Packaging is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Beautiful liquid bronze (but light bronze) highlighter....i mix this in with my foundation to give me that j lo glow (i hate the heavy matte foundation look) it looks beautiful on, adds radiance and helps to make my make up look fresh. I have liquid highlighters from so many other brands but only use this one, the rest i dont even see!!