July 28, 2014 | 681 users online

Lips - Bonne Bell - Glaceau Vitamin Water Lip Balm

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Moisturizes very well, smells great, but leaves a really nasty taste in your mouth. I never lick my lips when i have product on them, but it doesn't matter, I still get the worst taste ever, plasticky and bitter. Is it really the SPF? I have other lip balms with high SPFs and they don't leave gross tastes in my mouth. I thought I had a bad tube or something, but seems like it's a unanimous problem. If you like this product, try the 99 cent or dollar store, I always see these there. I just can't get past the taste it leaves. Slather it on your nails and cuticles if you're a nail biter, I guess?

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Bexa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pure EVIL. I didn't have chapped or dry lips to begin with but after using this product ONE time, I do now!

My daughter received the Strawberry-Kiwi in a gift basket and we thought it was cute because we are fans of the actual water. Popped open the cap and it does indeed smell EXACTLY like the water. Put it on and rubbed my lips together and it felt moisturizing - certainly moreso than a Chapstick but not as much as a gloss - and wasn't waxy. Then I licked my lips and oh BOY was that a bad idea! It has the most wretched taste; what I imagine melted plastic dipped in vinegar might taste like and it lingered forEVER. I wiped it off with a tissue and brushed my teeth, thoroughly unimpressed.

Fast forward a few days later and now I have VERY chapped lips and TWO sores on my top lip!!!!! I haven't put a single thing on my lips since using this so I know it was caused by it. Soooo upset and grossed out. Thank goodness it was a gift because I wouldn't even give a sticky penny off the sidewalk for it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed in this lip balm. I wasn't looking to purchase a lip balm, but I saw it in Target and was immediately drawn to it by the packaging. I trust Glaceau water and I thought this would be a good lip balm. The scent I really wanted (strawberry/kiwi) wasn't in stock so I chose the lemonade. The smell is absolutely awesome and when I applied it this morning I loved the application. It feels very rich and moisturizing. However, that's where my love for this balm ends. Thirty seconds after application it left a really bad taste in my mouth which I'm sure is due to the sunscreen in it. Because of this, I won't use this on a daily basis. I think it would be good for a day on the beach or when you're going to be out in the sun all day because I could live with the taste knowing it is doing me some good. As far as every day I won't use it as I have other similar lip balms that are hydrating and don't leave that horrible taste in my mouth. If Bonne Bell ever fixes the taste or perhaps offers some without sunscreen I will be all over it like white on rice because I do like the texture, scent, and application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by theprincessyessi

I LOVE THIS!!! i got the kiwi-strawberry. It smells soooo good and it makes my lips soft and i don't really like lip balms/chapsticks,but i'm thinking of collecting all of them.the price for mine was $3 i think that is KINDA expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this at Walgreens yesterday for $2 and I have to say it's amazing! My lips were so dry and starting to crack because I'm getting sick, so I had to get something on them. I got the hot pink one that's kiwi-strawberry. It says vitamin E and spf 20, which is an added plus. But it's super soft and gentle on my lips and has made such a huge improvement for them! Would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got this in the strawberry kiwi and lemonade. It makes my lips so soft! If I don't use some kind of chap stick during the day and at night my lips get sooo chapped! My lips have never been this soft for so long. I keep one tube on my bedside table at night and one tube in my purse for when I'm out. I'll definitely keep buying these

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these! They say they are flavored, but they're not. But they definitely smell just like the beverages. Also they don't leave any color which was disappointing for me. But they are SPF 20 and they are very moisturizing without being waxy at all. There are 5 "flavors" but I've only tried Strawberry Kiwi and Dragon Fruit so far. They are $2 at Walgreens, but they're giving away $2 Register Rewards this week.