Conair hot sticks

on 1/29/2013 1:43:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been pleased with my set of 14 sticks, perhaps because I didn't expect miracles. I use pincurls to set my hair and generally avoid heat styling but several YouTube videos convinced me that Hot Sticks would be convenient for touching up the odd curl that falls out of its clip during the night or goes wonky during brushing. For this purpose they work very well.

I do find that my set takes longer than I would like to heat up. Probably longer than a curling iron would. My set is secondhand, though, so I can't chalk this up to a problem with the product generally. I also find that "fully heated" is more hot than I like, but to solve that all I had to do was watch the indicator dot: I don't let it get all the way to white, just to the lightened shade I know I prefer.

The sticks do stay in my hair very well and are no harder to use than sponge or perm rod curlers. The compact nature of the set is a big plus for my limited bathroom place, and unlike a curling iron, I don't have to worry that I'll burn myself by knocking it over or brushing against it.

Clips needed despite advertised as "no clips necessary". Self affixing loop design d/n hold hair well.

D/n make hair hold a curl for long. System d/n use moisture - that may be the problem. The hair setters that made my hair hold a curl for a long time always used moisture.

Packaging poor: lid d/n stay on.

on 5/30/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hot Sticks are great to use when I want quick and easy long-lasting curls in minutes. I put these in my hair when I am getting ready and putting my makeup on and then, ta da, my hair is done. These are very easy to use and as one of the other reviewers mentioned, great for travel.

on 1/30/2011 2:40:00 AM

Absolutely fantastic product...I was able to go from totally straight hair to a head full of bouncy, long-lasting curls. These are very easy to use and I have the results I want in less that 15 minutes. I have a new head of hair because of them and it is so much fun! I am thrilled with this product.

on 2/5/2010 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have four of these hair setters, and I love them so much. They are easy to find and the do the job right. I have seen other hairsetters like hot sticks for a higher price, but belive me the do the same thing. They last forever, and they are very easy to use. They only have about fourteen in a container so buying two should be enough. I have four because I received 2 for christmas, and then bought two when my personal items were in storage. They are also easy to travel with.

Popular Hair Styling Tools