December 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - False Lash Effect Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras and normally I avoid them at all costs. Waterproof formulas are tricky and hard as hell to remove. But after my beloved cat was run over the other day and after I took him to the vets and soothed him whilst he went to Catty Heaven, I cried all my mascara all over my face. I was a mess. A black, runny, creepy-looking mess. And I still had to go to work the next day. So I reached for this never-before used mascara, curled my lashes, applied it and hoped for the best. It fanned my lashes out nicely, added a little volume, but the biggest thing for me - although it was a wet formula - was that it didn't pull my lashes back into their almost poker-straight-pre-curled-position, like most other mascaras do. I cried buckets all the next day. And my lashes stayed curled and black. I used it the next day, knowing that I'd cry again. And again, my lashes held their curl and didn't move an inch. It was like Max Factor had reached out to me and assured me of great looking eyelashes, even if the rest of my makeup was a tear-stained mess. I was very pleasantly surprised by this mascara, and I will definitely repurchase this for the future. It does have to be removed by an oil-based makeup remover (and I always use vitamin E oil on my lashes after using it to rehydrate them), but it's worth it for super staying power for over-emotional-cat-lovers like me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by inclefinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this mascara for the first time today and this mascara is absolutely amazing. Brush is super easy to use and it makes my mediocre lashes look dramatically longer (which I never thought it'd be able to actually do) and fuller. It does clump a tiny bit sometimes when applied which is the only reason I didn't give it a 5/5. Stays put once it's dried (which takes about a little over 10 seconds) and I never again have to worry about mascara smudging and transferring onto the area under my eye which is a great feeling! Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by amyjohn

awful. I'm really confused by all the good reviews. Its not at all waterproof, the formula is really thin, it doesn't hold a curl and the brush is really awkward to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by nurfitras

Hands down to the best mascara i've ever tried!! My main probles with mascaras are any kind of the wand tends to stick my lashes together. But this product separates them reaaaaaallyyy well and leaves my coated lashes looks super naturally long and beautiful. I really, really like this mascara as it's super waterproof, doesn't clumps, and also really holds the curls! I never had raccoon eyes anymore, because it doesn't budge. This product is a bit wet, but it dries quite fast too, so i don't really mind. Overall, it's a goddamn good product! Definitely would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by spirovelvet

This is the best drugstore waterproof mascara I've ever tried. I was using Maybelline Falsies (the original) in waterproof and it flaked like crazy, at the end of the day I had raccoon eyes.
A couple of days ago I decided to buy the MaxFactor one it was the only one left so I thought it was meant to be, I didn't realize but it was Black Brown and it was perfect because I wanted a brown waterproof mascara.
It holds the curl which is amaaazing, even known is a wet mascara, adds a little length and volume and I just appy a coat because I like a natural look. And it doesn't transfer or smudge or flakes. I don't wear mascara in my lower lashes because I don't like how it looks on me.
If you are looking for a really waterproof mascara, this is the one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

That's one of the best mascara I've ever used! I would highly recommend it to anyone, since it IS waterproof, and it really makes your eyelashes look gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by louisetrle

I am using my second of these. I think that it's a really good mascara that do hold my curl. Though I don't think it gives you that "false lash effect", but I still think it's way better than so many other mascaras that I've tried. I use it for everyday and I never have any trouble with it.

Positive things:
- holds your curl
- lasts all day
- gives a great volume

Negative thing:
- no false lash effect

Overall it's a great mascara to a acceptable price. I would repurchase this again if I ran out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by thamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good mascara but I don't think it gave a false lash effect at all.
My lashes are short but think and after applying two coats it didn't do much.
The only pro I can think of for this mascara is that it's waterproof, it does not budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by NingOnline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the best waterproof mascara I have ever had. I have tried sooo many different mascaras; from 5-euro-ones to 35-euro-ones, but this is definitely the best one - for me. I always curl my lashes first and then I apply the mascara. It holds the curl in my naturally straight lashes (Asian hair), I have cried my eyes out during a funeral and I swam with it - so it is waterproof for sure haha. It does not really smudge - any mascara that I have tried smudges a liiitle bit, depending on the weather and what I have on for makeup. I have only used it for my upper lashes though, but for a couple of years already. I recommend it to anyone with a similar skin-type and with Asian eyelashes. And ooh, the brush; I love this type of brush - 'plasticky'; it works better for my lashes.
Note: the review from Nien2910 is mine also but it was an old profile which MakeUpAlley would remove.. Which obviously isn't removed yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Nien2910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the best waterproof mascara I have ever had. I have tried sooo many different mascaras; from 5-euro-ones to 35-euro-ones, but this is definitely the best one - for me. I always curl my lashes first and then I apply the mascara. It holds the curl in my naturally straight lashes (Asian eyes), I have cried my eyes out during a funeral and I swam with it - so it is waterproof for sure haha. It does not really smudge - any mascara that I have tried smudges a liiitle bit, depending on the weather and what I have on for makeup. I have only used it for my upper lashes though, but for a couple of years already. I recommend it to anyone with a similar skin-type and with Asian eyelashes. And ooh, the brush; I love this type of brush - 'plasticky'; it works better for my lashes.