Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof

3.3

on 3/28/2015 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an impressive product. It simply outperforms any other mascara I've ever used in terms of wide-eyed, curled lash definition and volume, and it lasts all day without flaking. It's hard to believe that you would get this performance from a drugstore product, but you do, as long as you apply properly. As with any mascara, application is key. I curl my lashes first, but it's up to you. Wipe the tip and sides of the wand on the top of the tube before you start, or it'll just clog and clump. I push my eyebrow up gently and then apply to my lashes sparingly, wiggling the brush from the roots to the tips. This way you can gradually build definition instead of overloading your lashes all in one go, which would make them look spiky, spider-leggy and harsh. I love the false lash effect, and always define the lashes at the outermost corner of my eye with the tip of the wand. The only con is that it is difficult to remove, which you might expect from a product that lasts, but it's still a bit annoying! I use a cotton wool pad soaked in sweet almond oil (which happens to be better for my skin than eye makeup remover anyway) and rub gently on the underside of my lashes, working upwards. It takes a few goes, but it works. Argan oil also does the trick - it's just as good for my skin and doesn't irritate my eyes. Reading other reviews I can see this product isn't for everyone, but it's by far and away my favourite. I always repurchase.

on 3/16/2015 6:03:00 PM

Fantastic mascara. Gave my lashes the volume and length I wanted. Is the only mascara I've purchased that I would use and put nothing else on my eyes. 10/10 will buy again.

on 3/15/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

no i won't rebuy this again.it's truely waterproof there's no mistake here but removing this mascara is really tiring.i found the most effective way is ,cleaning the lashes with plenty of baby oil and cotton pads and use some pressure !.it's impossible to removing with regular makeup removers or tissues.you can swim,splash into any water,burst into tears without any concern.but the formula is really harsh for my lashes, it made them spiky and hard.when cleaning, there are always lashes on the cotton pad.also it didn't give my lashes volume,lenght or strong definition.but it seperates my lashes nicely that's the only pros for me.and it's pricy,not worth the money paid for it.maybe regular formula would work better.

on 3/5/2015 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried different MF mascara's and I really like most of them. I'm not very difficult when it comes to mascara as long as it stays put, but this one, ugh, no, I actually hate it. The brush is so big it's not easy to work with. The mascara is thick and sticky, even after getting a lot of product off the brush I need a lash comb to seperate my lashes after this stuff glued them together. But truth be told: when I finally get this mascara on the way I want it, it is definately 100% waterproof and looks alright. But so does mf masterpiece waterproof, rimmel 100% waterproof, even Catrice glamour doll waterproof is better and easier to work with than this one. I gave this to my sister, she didn't like it either and gave it to one of her friends. It ended up in the trash as nobody liked it, so I'm very surprised by all the great reviews here.

on 2/3/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know you are supposed to throw out mascaras that are 3 months old.
But I find it a waste.
This mascara I brought at a sale back in 2013. I used to wear it every day for most the year, it still has product in it.

The only problem I have is just that it's so hard to remove.
I think I ripped out a couple of eyelashes or something.
I know waterproof mascara is hard to remove but nothing should be that hard.
Doesn't hold a curl well. Also isn't a real false lash effect. But thats just my experience.

For around $33.00 NZD I would definitely not repurchase type of Max Factor Mascara :)

on 12/15/2014 3:57:00 PM

I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras and normally I avoid them at all costs. Waterproof formulas are tricky and hard as hell to remove. But after my beloved cat was run over the other day and after I took him to the vets and soothed him whilst he went to Catty Heaven, I cried all my mascara all over my face. I was a mess. A black, runny, creepy-looking mess. And I still had to go to work the next day. So I reached for this never-before used mascara, curled my lashes, applied it and hoped for the best. It fanned my lashes out nicely, added a little volume, but the biggest thing for me - although it was a wet formula - was that it didn't pull my lashes back into their almost poker-straight-pre-curled-position, like most other mascaras do. I cried buckets all the next day. And my lashes stayed curled and black. I used it the next day, knowing that I'd cry again. And again, my lashes held their curl and didn't move an inch. It was like Max Factor had reached out to me and assured me of great looking eyelashes, even if the rest of my makeup was a tear-stained mess. I was very pleasantly surprised by this mascara, and I will definitely repurchase this for the future. It does have to be removed by an oil-based makeup remover (and I always use vitamin E oil on my lashes after using it to rehydrate them), but it's worth it for super staying power for over-emotional-cat-lovers like me :)

on 11/13/2014 9:57:00 AM

Got this mascara for the first time today and this mascara is absolutely amazing. Brush is super easy to use and it makes my mediocre lashes look dramatically longer (which I never thought it'd be able to actually do) and fuller. It does clump a tiny bit sometimes when applied which is the only reason I didn't give it a 5/5. Stays put once it's dried (which takes about a little over 10 seconds) and I never again have to worry about mascara smudging and transferring onto the area under my eye which is a great feeling! Love it.

on 10/1/2014 4:06:00 PM

awful. I'm really confused by all the good reviews. Its not at all waterproof, the formula is really thin, it doesn't hold a curl and the brush is really awkward to use.

on 9/28/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hands down to the best mascara i've ever tried!! My main probles with mascaras are any kind of the wand tends to stick my lashes together. But this product separates them reaaaaaallyyy well and leaves my coated lashes looks super naturally long and beautiful. I really, really like this mascara as it's super waterproof, doesn't clumps, and also really holds the curls! I never had raccoon eyes anymore, because it doesn't budge. This product is a bit wet, but it dries quite fast too, so i don't really mind. Overall, it's a goddamn good product! Definitely would repurchase.

on 7/26/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best drugstore waterproof mascara I've ever tried. I was using Maybelline Falsies (the original) in waterproof and it flaked like crazy, at the end of the day I had raccoon eyes.
A couple of days ago I decided to buy the MaxFactor one it was the only one left so I thought it was meant to be, I didn't realize but it was Black Brown and it was perfect because I wanted a brown waterproof mascara.
It holds the curl which is amaaazing, even known is a wet mascara, adds a little length and volume and I just appy a coat because I like a natural look. And it doesn't transfer or smudge or flakes. I don't wear mascara in my lower lashes because I don't like how it looks on me.
If you are looking for a really waterproof mascara, this is the one.

Top Rated Max Factor Products