October 25, 2014 | 1688 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - False Lash Effect Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by amyjohn

awful. I'm really confused by all the good reviews. Its not at all waterproof, the formula is really thin, it doesn't hold a curl and the brush is really awkward to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by nurfitras

Hands down to the best mascara i've ever tried!! My main probles with mascaras are any kind of the wand tends to stick my lashes together. But this product separates them reaaaaaallyyy well and leaves my coated lashes looks super naturally long and beautiful. I really, really like this mascara as it's super waterproof, doesn't clumps, and also really holds the curls! I never had raccoon eyes anymore, because it doesn't budge. This product is a bit wet, but it dries quite fast too, so i don't really mind. Overall, it's a goddamn good product! Definitely would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by spirovelvet

This is the best drugstore waterproof mascara I've ever tried. I was using Maybelline Falsies (the original) in waterproof and it flaked like crazy, at the end of the day I had raccoon eyes.
A couple of days ago I decided to buy the MaxFactor one it was the only one left so I thought it was meant to be, I didn't realize but it was Black Brown and it was perfect because I wanted a brown waterproof mascara.
It holds the curl which is amaaazing, even known is a wet mascara, adds a little length and volume and I just appy a coat because I like a natural look. And it doesn't transfer or smudge or flakes. I don't wear mascara in my lower lashes because I don't like how it looks on me.
If you are looking for a really waterproof mascara, this is the one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

That's one of the best mascara I've ever used! I would highly recommend it to anyone, since it IS waterproof, and it really makes your eyelashes look gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by louisetrle

I am using my second of these. I think that it's a really good mascara that do hold my curl. Though I don't think it gives you that "false lash effect", but I still think it's way better than so many other mascaras that I've tried. I use it for everyday and I never have any trouble with it.

Positive things:
- holds your curl
- lasts all day
- gives a great volume

Negative thing:
- no false lash effect

Overall it's a great mascara to a acceptable price. I would repurchase this again if I ran out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by thamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good mascara but I don't think it gave a false lash effect at all.
My lashes are short but think and after applying two coats it didn't do much.
The only pro I can think of for this mascara is that it's waterproof, it does not budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by NingOnline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the best waterproof mascara I have ever had. I have tried sooo many different mascaras; from 5-euro-ones to 35-euro-ones, but this is definitely the best one - for me. I always curl my lashes first and then I apply the mascara. It holds the curl in my naturally straight lashes (Asian hair), I have cried my eyes out during a funeral and I swam with it - so it is waterproof for sure haha. It does not really smudge - any mascara that I have tried smudges a liiitle bit, depending on the weather and what I have on for makeup. I have only used it for my upper lashes though, but for a couple of years already. I recommend it to anyone with a similar skin-type and with Asian eyelashes. And ooh, the brush; I love this type of brush - 'plasticky'; it works better for my lashes.
Note: the review from Nien2910 is mine also but it was an old profile which MakeUpAlley would remove.. Which obviously isn't removed yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Nien2910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the best waterproof mascara I have ever had. I have tried sooo many different mascaras; from 5-euro-ones to 35-euro-ones, but this is definitely the best one - for me. I always curl my lashes first and then I apply the mascara. It holds the curl in my naturally straight lashes (Asian eyes), I have cried my eyes out during a funeral and I swam with it - so it is waterproof for sure haha. It does not really smudge - any mascara that I have tried smudges a liiitle bit, depending on the weather and what I have on for makeup. I have only used it for my upper lashes though, but for a couple of years already. I recommend it to anyone with a similar skin-type and with Asian eyelashes. And ooh, the brush; I love this type of brush - 'plasticky'; it works better for my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst mascara I've EVER used.

Why it is sold as a waterproof mascara it is beyond me - after 30 minutes of wear in a slightly humid weather (it was not even wet!) I had racoon, black smudges under my eyes.

My lashes were looking thin, straight (although they were given a good curl with my Shu Uemura curlers) with no added length or volume, just a bit of colour to darken them and this was after 3rd layer of product. Well, I know that my lashes are not my strong point, but I really do not need to spend £12 to learn about that.

Overpriced and overhyped. Will not buy it again and I am mad that I've bought this one despite Lisa Eldridge being one of the satisfied users. Back to Clinique mascaras it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by CeruleanNight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm on my second tube of this mascara, with the first tube lasting about 6 months, with no sign of drying or clumping (yeah!). I use one coat of this after my Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base to give a defined, natural look that holds curl all day and doesn't smudge (which is a miracle considering my oily lids and stick straight lashes). If I'm going out at night or really want my eyes to pop I will use two or three coats to give my usually unassuming lashes a super, noticeable boost! However, this also makes the mascara harder to remove, even using my oil based Shiseido Eyemakeup Remover. I'm not particularly upset by this though, considering the awesome job it does. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it doesn't coat my short and sparse lower lashes very well.