January 29, 2015 | 1994 users online

Pressed Powders - L.A. Colors - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Andilynn11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought so many of these, usually in the shade "Nude", which is a light yellow based shade, good for masking redness. This powder is very silky and actually has a bit of coverage without being heavy or cakey. The ingredients are minimalist so this doesn't break me out. I can't wear liquid foundation often, because my skin freaks out, so I need a nice powder for everyday wear. I actually appreciate the slim packaging, which is portable and easier to use than bulky split pan powders. The puff included is pretty cheap, more like a thin piece of foam, but it gets the job done, or you can always replace it with a nicer puff, using the money you save from buying this $1 gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MooRose15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am probably on my 5th one of these powders! although honestly that's probably only because I keep shattering them, once you hit pan leave them at home.... something about them becomes really unstable and the lightest fall can shatter them. I usually just mix with alcohol and repress them and everything turns out fine, but it can be a mess. over all though the formula and the coverage is great, I will never use another powder and honestly for the price of 1$ a piece I'm really not all that worried about having to replace them when they break. (plus I have a random cover girl powder that I love the packaging on... hate the formula so I think I am just going to start pressing these into that.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great pressed powder. I actually prefer it to any other pressed powder on the market in any price range.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyfreak101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this to freshen up my makeup through out the day, doesnt last long but its only a dollar

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Meyersmedley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging is crap, but that's kind of expected with something that only costs a buck. However, this is hands down one of my favorite powders and I've used a ton. It's not chalky or cakey and it really mattifies and feels nice on the face. So glad I decided to take the leap and try it. It will probably be the only powder I purchase from this point on. Don't see a need to spend a ton on anything else. Good stuff!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Courtney16

Great! I will not purchase any other powder. It matches better than anything. It was only a dollar! It has lasted over a year! Who could complain?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

You get what you pay for, and this powder lives up to that fact. It's not that great but i guess for the price you can't go wrong, but i wouldn't recommend this or buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kelleyaddy

This product is simply a wonderful choice for anyone who wears or wants to wear a pressed powder. It has wonderful pigment ( i have the powder in tan), the texture is buttery soft with no grainy feel ! The powder works well over liquid foundation and/or concealer. The best thing about this product is the price! I found these powders at Dollar Tree for..... a whole dollar! Who would think a make up product would actually work for a $1? Thats crazy!
One thing I am not sure on is how this powder would affect certain skin types. I have a combination skin type,,,, sometimes dry, sometimes oily (mostly the T-zone) . i've been using this powder in conjunction with the LA colors 'liquid makeup' which is liquid foundation for nearly 4 weeks and my face has not broken out; so I hope I continue to enjoy this $1 product because this is such a money saving option for anyone !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a simple product with nothing special about it. I was not even sure if it had sunscreen because titanium dioxide was listed under the: 'may contain' part of the ingredient label. Yet the PP 261 matched my skin perfectly and cost only $1 for 0.35 oz! It did not budge or flake and it could be used as a concealer over and under my eyes. I have oily skin too and it mopped up the extra oil. I know they have changed the packaging now but I hope they haven't changed the formula. I understand that it wont match everyones skin color but for me it was perfect.

********UPDATE: If you are unable to find this for whatever reason 'NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder / Fini Parfait Poudre Compacte' for $3.00 for 0.33 oz is a dupe. The powders color and texture is the same the ingredients are the only difference. 'NYC' has dimethicone in place of magnesium stearate zinc stearate vs ethylhexyl palmitate kaolin vs sqaulene acetylene dimethicone vs petrolateum and aluminum starch and octenyl succinate. This also may or may not contain iron oxides and titanium dioxide.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Delakall

I was just at my dollar store today and saw this and was quote interested. I wasn't familiar with the brand but have had nail polishes of the brand in the past and had loved them. I bought the product for $1 and in the colour Beige. When I opened up the package it looked like a professional makeup product from some high-class cosmetic store when really it was from a dollar store. The compact has a little half mirror inside and a pad to apply it with although the pad wasn't working for me so I had used the amazing blush brush that I had bought with the powder in a blush set from L.A. Colours because it looked like it was a good product with potential. Anyways, the pressed powder is amazing and I am definitely buying it again. If this compact doesn't work for you then that really sucks because for me it's amazing. If you happen to see L.A. Colours blush with a brush set you should pick that up too. It's absolutely perfect and the brush is amazing.