December 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Foundations - Clarins - Super Restorative Foundation -Teint Lift Eclat Spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by pandagoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I've tried. Being so pale I struggle to find a foundation that doesn't look orange, yellow or creates a nasty brown line around my jaw. I use the 01 Linen and it's perfect. I find when I apply this foundation I don't need to apply so much. It's like I'm not wearing any make- up at all. The only problem it's price. Seriously too much money. But worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall decent coverage, but too "orangey" like on the skin. It stains the clothes as it never completely dries on the skin, so I think it's more suitable for dry skins than for normal or combination ones. Also I spend all day with my face inching, probably from the oiliness in this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

****ABOUT MY SKIN****
-I have normal-dry skin. Dry around my chin, nose and mouth, pretty much normal everywhere else.
-I don’t really have acne (just a few acne scars), but I have horrible hyper-pigmentation and redness on my cheeks (which requires a medium-full coverage foundation to cover it up).
****SHADE REFERENCE****
-I am a MAC "NW15", and a "Gobi Light 3" in NARS Sheer Glow. I have very pink undertones.
-I have this foundation in the shade "05 Shell", which is a pretty decent shade match. It's more of an NC-NW20 from MAC (neutral-yellow undertones). It gives me a glow to my face and puts some colour back in to it.
-Shell is the first neutral toned foundation. Don't really pay attention to the numbers, they can be really deceiving.
****FOUNDATION CONSISTENCY****
-This foundation has the perfect consistency. It's not runny to the point of running off your hand. It's got almost a gel feel to it. It's a liquid foundation, but where you squirt it on your hand, it will stay there, let's put it like that. Makes for easy blendibility and application
****FOUNDATION FINISH****
-This foundation has a definite glowy finish. NOT sparkly or even that dewy. It just makes your face look fresh, hydrated, supple and glowy from within
-This foundation probably isn't the best for oily skins (as it has no oil controlling properties and is quite hydrating on the skin)
****APPLICATION****
The foundation reccomends that you apply it with your fingers, which is what I do. I have tried using a brush with it too, but I felt like it made it look a little heavier on the skin and it made it feel a little tacky/sticky on the face. Where as when you use your fingers it just blends the foundation right it to the skin beautifully. So I first squirt out 1 pump, start from the middle of my face (nose), working my way outwards. I usually end up using 2 pumps (the second pump I use to cover up the pigmentation on my cheeks and big freckles on my nose. I then use a damp beauty blender to get rid of any streaks and make my face look flawless!
****PROS****
-This foundation has medium-full coverage, so it will cover almost everything with 1 layer
-Can easily be built up to full coverage with a second layer. It will not cake or look heavy with that 2nd layer.
-This foundation doesn't look cakey or heavy on the skin. It looks beautiful and flawless and glowy. This is the thing I love the most about it. I mean, it's not hard to find a medium-full coverage foundation these days. The challenge is finding one that looks invisible on the skin. This DOES look invisible, even in direct sunlight. Looks like you have on a tinted moisturiser or something (cause of the supple, healthy glowy look it gives you)
-I love the beautiful glowy finish this gives. Looks like you've pampered your face to a hydrating facial and then put this stuff on. Supple, fresh, glowy hydrated and beautiful
-This foundation has pretty good lasting power. It's not 24 hour wear, but I'd give it a good 12 hours before it starts looking not its best. And for a foundation that doesn't claim to be long lasting, thats pretty good IMO.
-Has an SPF of 15, which is nice for everyday wear (can be a con, see below)
-Doesn't settle into fine lines as much as most foundations do. For me, no matter what foundation I use, it settles in to fine lines a little (all foundations will at least a little). But this is about as good as it gets for that.
-This stuff is very hydrating. Not drying at all and doesn't accentuate dry patches. I think it's cause it has some skin care ingredients in it or something.
-Has a GREAT pump, which makes it easy to control how much product comes out (not like some pumps where you can't control the amount of product that comes out, with this it's very easy to control). I usually use 1 pump for everyday wear and 2 pumps for when I'm going out.
- Even though the bottle isn't very pretty, it is the perfect bottle for travel. It's plastic so it won't break and has a great pump so it's very travel friendly.
****CONS****
-If you have oily skin, or you don't like a glowy look, this is not the foundation for you (has no oil controlling properties and has a definite glowy look and is very hydrating)
-The SPF 15 in this product means it's not going to look good in flash photography (will flash back with a white cast)
-This is a foundation that is strictly for dry-very dry-normal skin. Oily/combo skinned gals will hate this stuff cause it will make you look like an oil slick.
-This foundation can get greasy looking by the end of the day, even on my dry skin. So I have to set this foundation with powder when i apply it, otherwise my face will look greasy by the end of the day. I love the Chanel Natural loose finish powder. Not drying but makes foundation non greasy. I also take some oil absorbing sheets and a pressed translucent powder with me on the go in case I look a little greasy (rimmel stay matte powder, translucent cause it won't cake up as much as normal powder). For oily skinned gals they carry this stuff on a daily basis, but for a dry skinned gal, I'm still not used to having to blot sometimes.
-The bottle isn't the prettiest thing ever. Practical, but if you like having a pretty foundation bottle for your desk, this isn't really that bottle.
-This stuff is expensive, but well worth it
****BOTTOM LINE****
I love this stuff so much! One of my fave foundations without a doubt! Great buildable coverage, extremely hydrating, but looks like you're not wearing foundation. And that's a tough thing to find. Will 100% repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Roshiez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, I had trouble finding a good color match because not many people tried it but I'm actually not even able to take up these antiaging properties, I don't need them yet. Anyway I got Praline (06) and I'd say I'm NW25, perfect nude in too faced foundation and light medium in bare minerals, this is a pretty much perfect color match, I go over it with Banana Powder from Ben Nye. This lasts forever, it's been hours and hours and I still know my skin, though it's not bad, is not showing through. The coverage isn't that full but it gives you a very natural look, probably medium, but like seriously even if you caked this on, you wouldn't be cake faced. It's lovely, but it's also $60, and Dior has $80 foundation so I guess this is more reasonable, I have dry-ish skin and always flake somehow and this passed the ultimate test. If you can buy it, you should. I have olive undertones by the way.
OH OH and it doesn't transfer onto your clothes! I agree! I had trouble with that a lot, but I can literally rub my face and nothing happens, it stays.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by zeusgucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing! I love this foundation, and it's hand down the best I have tried. This is everything in a foundation you could want. It gives the most natural, soft focus glow that just looks perfect. It lasts morning till night, and is not easily transferred onto clothing! It goes on smooth, covering everything without ever looking heavy. It actually looks like you are not wearing foundation but just have great skin. Cannot recommend enough!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by js1624

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this based on the reviews here and what the company said about it. It was ok - I guess a little too moisturizing for me in summer. Also, the color, the lightest, wasnt really a great fit for me. So I tried the long wearing Clarins Foundation and I love it! Just enough moisture to look healthy but not shiney and it stays the same all day. And the lightest color is perfect for me. I started with a sample from Nordstrom and went back and purchased it. And it is a LOT less expensive than the Super Restorative - which is really too high in my opinion. A foundation should not cost over $60, even a good one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ssblanch

I tried a sample of this and absolutely loved it! I have oily skin which is acidic and this one lasted well with no touch ups and the shade didn't darken or change at all. I tend to break out with foundations but this didn't make me break out all. The coverage of this one is the best as it covers your imperfections but leaves a dewy finish. This didn't cake at all especially when used with the clarins shine stopper powder. I used this for a an event and after 6 hours of no touch up my make-up was still at its best! I even love this more than the Chanel Perfection foundation which caked on me after just 2 hours. Don't be fooled with how this foundation is labeled as you don't have to have "matured" skin to try this out. This will work for ladies who are in their mid-20s and older. I think it is a good age defense foundation! I immediately bought a bottle. Its a tad pricey but definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those foundations that looks it's best after it's been on your skin for a little while then it looks pretty great. I got a few samples in the shade 03 which is a good match if you're NC15. As far as coverage, it took two light applications to make it full(ish) coverage and it looked like skin not thick foundation. It feels and looks light and natural, wears really well and costs a fortune. I may have to beg for more samples till I can splurge on this.
EDIT: After wearing this for only a day I am completely sold, I did go and get a full size. This looked so amazing even at the end of the day it was like my skin was transformed. I swear it does not look like makeup on your skin it simply looks like you have good skin. And yes there is a subtle glowiness that seems to blur any imperfections. It is marketed for 'older' skin but don't buy into that notion because this foundation is for anyone who wants a makeup that delivers. I often feel that younger women pass up products labeled for mature skin but I honestly feel they are often missing the boat on something that will definitely work for them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Thanks, MUA! I'm so impressed with this. I'm only 31 and wouldn't have considered this otherwise, as the SA said it's marketed for post-menopausal women. It has great coverage while feeling and looking light, has phenomenal lasting power and doesn't settle in lines, doesn't transfer easily and looks natural. It's the best-lasting foundation I've tried, except being on par with Smashbox Studio Skin- stays perfect after a full day even when Colorstay, Superstay, Teint Idole, Double Wear oxidize or get patchy. It's totally undetectable. It feels a bit tight at first, but after a few minutes, feels like a bare face. I've been trying a lot of samples lately to find a liquid foundation that is dependable and natural. Most break me out, settle into pores, make me oily or are too pink. My skin is SUPER acne prone and light yellow- 03 is a rare and perfect match. It's labelled as non comedogenic. I haven't tested it on a hot day, so will update if I have issues. No blemishes yet, but will also update if such is the case. It's pricey, but if it continues to be so impressive, I'll splurge when I can justify!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

perfection in foundation.. maybe. I have spent thousands of dollars looking for a perfect foundation .. mostly HE lines. I tried this one and it just felt right.. I just finished reading all the prior reviews and have to add my two cents worth.

this is expensive.. and that may be a negative. Considering what it does for my skin though, I will continue paying the high cost. I like this better than the Chanel Vitalumier A.. and I had to buy two of those because Chanel didn't have a colour to match me.. so, this was really a savings.

the coverage is perfection -- I use the 03 (MAC NC15 for comp) and it covers most of my spots which are brownish sun spots and gives me a glowy complexion -- almost flawless. I have found that I will only need a touch up with powder around 9 hours later.. and that's only on some days. I wear this over my YSL Matte touch primer which so far is the best for me.. NARS oil free is good too. But a primer definitely makes this foundation last longer and look much smoother.

love and repurchase always.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No