January 25, 2015 | 2077 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 3:48:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have tried other elf mascaras and found I like a simple wand, this one is simple, and the formula is decent. I would repurchase any elf mascara (except the 3 in 1) only because they are sooo cheap and work well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 1:48:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I don't like this mascara at all! I like mascaras that give some thickening and some lengthening with no clumping or smudging or flaking. I always only do one coat of mascara. This mascara does lengthen, but it clumps like crazy for me. It does that thing where you end up with your lashes grouped together in like five clusters. It's terrible! I also tend to get clumps on the ends of my lashes with this mascara too. And it flakes.

I do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the last while here I've placed 2 MASSIVE elf orders. In one, I purchased this mascara. I've been trying a few different ones lately and I figured you can't go wrong trying elf.

I love elf. It's become one of my favorite brands so I wasn't shocked when I really enjoyed this mascara. The brush is the perfect size and shape for my small eyes. Its super chic packaging. It's not clumpy, gross or irritated. It's also very black. This is good for everyday, it gives decent volume, length and curl. However, I wouldn't reach for this mascara for a very dramatic lash look because you won't achieve that.....at least not with my lashes. Then, I'd go with ELF essential which works great......or my essence mascara which has a special place in my heart.

This also has great staying power on me. So I especially like it for bottom lashes. In my experience, I would compare this to cover girl clump crusher. This applied the same for me. I will definitely repurchase because I donít like a doll eye everyday :) and I love elf :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Disclamat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I found the one mascara that's got good or ok ingredients and doesn't flake and the price is absolutely affordable. I'd complain about how the wand is not recyclable the way Physician's Formula Organic Wear is, but you can take any brand of makeup containers to an Origins retailer and they will recycle/repurpose/etc for you.
It has stayed on without flaking on 12-hr long work days.

So whenever I feel like wearing mascara instead of aloe vera gel on my eyelashes, this will be my go-to item.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by northernlights111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite inexpensive mascara. Jordana one that most women love was horrible on me, dry spidery clumpy lashes and hard to remove, but price was great, and I wanted a HG in that same price range, and found everything I wanted in this ELF one. I got it at TJ Maxx for even less than it's normally sold and keep seeing it there. Even though I never use black mascaras and liners, too harsh, and this I only found in black, it's not harsh at all on me, and goes fine with my dark brown liner.

It's neither too wet or dry, not heavy, doesn't kill the curl and holds it well, doesn't flake and smudge, not clumpy, defines lashes well, and is even somewhat glossy on me. I don't usually like natural looking mascaras, I tried Maybelline Full and Soft before, it gave a natural look but was too natural on me, I need something more. I wouldn't call ELF either volumizing or lenghtening, yet it still gives me enough of both not too look boring and like 'not enough' and makes me want more. Two coats are enough for me. Like the wand too. Will absolutely keep repurchasing, very easy to use mascara that does exactly want I want.

My other very favorite mascara has been Lancome Definicils for many years, during which I tried many others but haven't found anything I liked as much, and I wouldn't compare them, Lancome is definitely more oomphy on me, but I'd only use it for special occasions because of the price, and ELF is perfect for every day, and would even be good for special occasions too. I do find them comparable when it comes to ease of application, wear and removal (ELF is a dream to remove, wears so well, yet taking it off is a breeze (I use various carrier oils for make up removal).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by clairedelalune

This is a great, inexpensive product for a girl on the go. I have really small and thin lashes and I only have to swipe once to get the volume and length I need. It doesn't irritate my eyes and the brush is great. I love most elf products, but this is a staple for your makeup bag on a budget.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara for when you are in a rush. Cheap and handy. My only issue is that they don't give you what I think is enough product in the tube. Yes, I know it's only $3, but still... That said, I loved the length and subtle volume I was left with after brushing it through my lashes. Impressive for such a cheap drugstore item.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by mkeddie

Love it!!! One coat and I'm good to go. Love the price. I have pretty good eyelash length already so I'm not super picky about mascara but this one really goes on well. No flaking. On my second tube, will be purchasing!!!
Also forgot to mention. Using the Elf Studio Mascara primer makes the mascara way better!!! I didn't use the primer today and I noticed a big difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Possum44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara! I didn't think I would but it's a real gem! It's not super wet or super dry, it's in between and it's not the most amazing mascara ever but it gives a good amount of length and volume. I like best that it does not flake or smudge at all! I use it on my bottom lashes too and I have used it in very hot weather, exercised, napped and no smudging or flakes and lasts all day. I can use it in conjunction with other mascaras or alone and it doesnt get clumpy. Also, it doesnt irritate my very sensitive eyes. I'm hooked on this one and will repurchase, and it's awesome that it is $3, what a steal!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by vaivut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a decent mascara for the price, but I would not repurchase, because it only comes in black (I prefer dark brown mascaras), is quite difficult to wash off, and does not provide much volume. But the worst thing is that as the day goes it tends to leave black marks on my eyelids, so I constantly worry that I have panda eyes when wearing this mascara.