April 18, 2014 | 1790 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my search for a less toxic mascara, I gave this a shot. The price is awesome, but that's about it. It took 6 coats to build any visible length or volume (which wasn't a whole lot), was crunchy looking, and smudged a lot by midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I absolutely love this mascara. For would lashes like mine this works amazing. It gives me length. Does not clump and it feels so light on my lashes, plus it lasts all day. This is HG quality. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my absolute HG mascara and I cant imagine finding a better vegan mascara than this one. It is only three dollars but I would pay much more for it if I had to. It applies beautifully and you are able to multiple coats on with out any clumping. It curls, thickens and lengthens wonderfully. This does not irritate my eyes at all nor does it ever flake off or smudge. I also really like that I can remove it easily with my basic face wash because when mascaras are difficult to remove it is easy to damage your eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been having trouble finding a good mascara for awhile now. Thank goodness I took a trip to Target and pick this mascara up. I really like it. it combs thru the lashes and doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The price can't be beat! I was skeptical at first because most of the ELF mascaras I've tried were disappointing but I saw both on MUA and on the ELF website this had high reviews. I love my Benefit "They're Real" Mascara but it's way too expensive here, at $30 I cannot afford it all the time. This is an adequate substitute, the brushes are similar in the sense there's spikes (although no precision tip on the end like Benefit's so you can do lower lashes) but it works! It definitely lengthens and does not clump whatsoever.

This will be a staple in my makeup bag. Super affordable and performs as well as a higher-end product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a surprisingly impressive mascara. The brush is plastic, which I don't usually like, but it's long and slender (narrowing toward the end), has a bit of flex to it and the bristles are spaced just so that it banishes clumps wonderfully! I can get every lash with this brush and build and build and build the mascara without my lashes flaking together or having ugly little crumbs form. It definitely beats CG Clump Crusher in that category of...clump crushability.

The mascara formula itself at first doesn't seem like anything amazing but when you build up 2 or 3 coats with the brush, it really works well. Adds lots of volume, a decent amount of length and holds curl pretty nicely too. It's regular "black" - not glossy black or super dark or charcoal - with very good pigmentation (using a white primer doesn't make it go gray). Formula has a texture that isn't dry or wet, but just right, Goldilocks.

Lasts great throughout the day with no flaking, smudging, running or fading. Not difficult to remove (not waterproof, thank God). The only minor quibble I have with this is that it doesn't come off cleanly, but with lots of little crumbs.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very mixed feelings about this.
On one hand, I can layer and layer and my lashes still stay separated and look good. On the other hand, I bought this as a replacement for my beloved Jordana Best Lash Extreme, which could not handle my move to the big city and was smudging everywhere in about half an hour.
It's only a dollar cheaper, and smudges only SLIGHTLY less, even with a primer. I'm not completely in love. Also, I was half expecting to not get a falsies look based on the other reviews, but I do love drama. This was more of what I thought would be a quick fix to my smudging, but sadly, it didn't work. This gets a solid 3 stars simply because it looks pretty good at first before it begins to run.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS! THIS THIS THIS! People who know me knows it's my holy grail products! I can't order it from elf since I don't have a credit card BUT GOSH I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT BACKUPS WHEN COULD! It gives me lenght, volume and definition without clumping! I have short to medium lenght lashes and sparse ones. When you're done, you can curl your lashes again to have more lenght, well it's my little baby and I'd buy it over and over! It's tappered at the tip, so perfect for your bottom or inner lashes. It's natural but really makes your lashes pop at the same time. If you do an ELF order soon or go at target, don't miss out and TAKE THIS YOU WON'T REGRET IT! :)

BTW: I've tried higher end ones and I like this one better!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's too bad the formula isn't as good as the wand and price!! I love most e.l.f products because they work as well as other brands for a fraction of the cost. When I first got and used this product, I loved it. Now, I'm sad to say, the love affair has cooled somewhat.

I love the packaging. It's black, clean and simple. I love the wand. My other attempts at using a plastic wand as opposed to fiber did not go nearly as well. The wand picks up just the right amount of product and does an AMAZING job of separating and fanning out my lashes while coating each equally. One coat is perfect for a more natural look; additional coats go on easily and create a more dramatic look. This is my everyday mascara.

Sadly, I have lately noticed having the dreaded raccoon eyes just hours into the day!! The first few times, I thought it was due to a watery eye or unconscious rub. But no. The more I paid attention, the more often I noticed it happening. And while it is easily fixable with a wipe of a tissue, it shouldn't happen in the first place. So while I love most everything about this product, the formula itself (the MOST important component) is lacking. I have another, unopened tube I will likely use anyway but I'll have to get used to wiping away flakes throughout the day. I wonder if using this as a base coat or tinted primer under another mascara might work??? Hmm....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

For $3.00, this is a really good mascara. The brush has short plastic bristles that provide good separation for the lashes, which is all I want. The formula is not too wet, and I can build up two light coats without it clumping up. I wouldn't look to this one to provide any thickness or more dramatic lashes though, if that is what you are after. It wears well throughout the day, and I have not had any problems with it smudging. I don't think it has dethroned my beloved Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara, but I will gladly make room for this one in my makeup drawer as a low-cost alternative, since it works really similarly.
I will definitely repurchase, because it is a great budget mascara for every day use.