October 31, 2014 | 1429 users online

Masks - Aveda - Enbrightenment Brightening Intensive Massage Masque

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by conceal4ever

As I've said in previous reviews, I'm an Aveda junkie and love 90% of their stuff, but this mask was a huge disappointment. It feels slimy on your face, the mask is heavily fragranced and irritated my skin, and it did nothing for my skin. I've used this on and off over a year and saw ZERO difference in my skin. Both Aveda's tournamline and moisture masks are really good and I regularly use them as part of my skincare routine. This one is awful. After one year, the tube is still in my bathroom, unfinished. I will not be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$45 for 4.2 oz

I have been using this for about a month. OMG the scent is SOOO good! (if you like that really strong signature Aveda-like scent). Personally, I feel completely enveloped in luxurious indulgence every time I put this on. It goes on really creamy smooth. I have incorporated this product into my weekly home facial regimen. I keep it on longer than the directed 8 min, bc why not - it can't hurt, right? I feel like with 'brightening/lightening' type products, it's really hard to quantify the benefits because these are incremental and cumulative over a long period of time. I don't see any obvious 'brightening' but am still loving it. I am using this along with the Brightening Cleanser and Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Creme. No obvious, in your face changes. However, I trust Aveda and have used their products for longer than I want to acknowledge. As a testament, I routinely am complemented on my skin whenever I go for professional treatments.
This is expensive for me. I almost took off a lippie for that, but couldn't bring myself to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty much reviewing the entire Aveda Enbrightenment line, I have pretty normal skin (that is oilier in the warm months, dryer in winter), a few sun spots I'm always trying to rid myself of, the beginnings of age wrinkles. Using the line for almost a month now.

This masque is supposed to be massaged into the skin after cleansing and left on for 8 minutes, then rinsed off, following with the Enbrightenment regimen. Weekly or twice a week, I forget. I use this every 8 days or so. I massage it in as I prepare to shower and rinse it off in the shower after about 10mins. It feels like a thick, greasy cream that coats the skin. Other people swear by this masque, but I use it infrequently so I'm not sure I see any direct results, but it feels good and doesn't dry the skin. Along with the rest of the line, I see brightening overall, definite redness reduction, minor soothing of tiny bumps and improved overall texture on the skin.