Smashbox Bronze Lights - Suntan Matte

3.8

Talc, Silica, Boron Nitrate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone, Methicone, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopentyldiol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/24/2015 10:22:00 PM

Lovely and matte, very natural looking and buildable. Great pigment and never looks muddy on my fair skin. A little goes a long way and this is easy to blend. The packaging is cute but is a pain in the ass to get into every day. Had a lot of trouble finding a good bronzer for my skin tone in the past but this is great. Don't mind paying extra as this product is great. Love smashbox products. Highly recommend.

on 9/18/2014 4:02:00 AM

Pros: Great product. The formula is fantastic.. pigmented and smooth.
Cons: Too pricey and poor packaging

I love this bronzer but for 30 bucks the packaging seems a little cheapy

Its a nice matter bronzer that doest pull too orange but also isn't a straight brown.

on 5/18/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A dependable natural looking bronzer that is completely matte. I have no problems with the screw top packaging as it's simple to open and close without being as flimsy as the Rimmel bronzer and powder packaging. My only gripe though is that the bronzer doesn't seem as pigmented as the tester one in store that was super creamy and highly pigmented. While my one isn't chalky by any means, I don't think I could get a strongly contoured look with this on my fair to medium skin. For everyday purposes it is pretty good but I think I actually like my old Rimmel one better that was much cheaper!

The only con I would give this is the packaging. I don't like the screw-on lid. It is a hassle but I'll just have to deal with it because the pros outweight the cons. I love the color because I can use it to warm up my skin when I feel like I'm looking a little pale and because it's matte, I can use it to contour without looking like an oompa-loompa. It's so pigmented and will last you a long time. I've had mine for two years (I use it at least 5 days a week) and I think it can last me at least 4-6 months more.

on 5/6/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

While I am not proud of this, I admit that I bought this because I read it is what Kim Kardashian uses (her makeup is always amazing in my opinion). It seems to last and the color is warm without being too orangey. I agree with another reviewer who commented on the cheap packaging. I dropped the bronzer once and the lid cracked making it hard to screw back on. Considering that it's not a cheap product, they should really improve the quality of the packaging.

love! never leave the house without it!

on 2/22/2013 10:46:00 PM

I got this after watching Kim K and her MUA, Mario on youtube. I followed his technique. I apply the bronzer on the hollows of the cheeks and then apply a pink blusher at the apples of my cheek. I also contour on jawline. It looks so natural and not orangey. The color goes on sheer and you can build up color for intensity. I use this for work/dancing. It lasts. But Im not impressed with the plastic packaging for something THAT pricey. It looks cheap.

on 5/10/2012 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have this in Suntan Matte. It's a really nice matte bronzer that doesn't look flat on my NC25 yellow undertones. Just a word of reassurance to those concerned about cosmetics which claim to be matte, but which actually aren't. I avoid anything shimmery or glittery like the plague and when I first applied this on my hand in-store, I was worried as I could see minute specks of shimmer. However, once applied, the shimmer can't be detected at all, in both indoor and outdoor light or at any angle, so it truly is matte on the skin. Even for matte bronzers, I suppose the benefit of having the tiniest of tiny specks of shimmer is that it stops skin from appearing completely flat and one-dimensional (as I find is the case with Benefit's Hoola).

I also like the fact that this provides a subtle application and is very buildable as I find that it is very easy to overdo it with many bronzers (even though I use a MAC 187 and apply quite lightly). The packaging could be improved as it currently looks a bit cheap, and considering that it doesn't have much staying power, a mirror would be nice for touch ups.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this bronzer! It's not as dark as some of my other bronzers, but it's so pigmented and a little goes a long way. The color is pretty natural, it's a matte brown shade that blends so easily into the skin. I use it to contour and to add just a touch of color all over my face. It's somewhat expensive for a bronzer, but I'm sure it'll last forever!

on 2/25/2012 6:14:00 PM

A really beautiful colored bronzer. It applies well and evenly. Definitely will buy again!

Popular Bronzers