MAC Velvet - Vanilla

4.2

on 4/27/2015 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use Vanilla or Mac Brule when I'm going for a matte eye look. I love how creamy Brule is. Vanilla is the whiter of the two.

on 3/3/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My Vanilla was creamy, smooth, and pigmented. I purchased both this and Blanc Type, and when I saw how similar they looked on the eye, I preferred Blanc Type. In comparison, Blanc Type is more pigmented and creamier. Vanilla is slightly whiter with very subtle pink undertones. Blanc Type was not as stark and the slightly more golden undertones made it more flattering on me. However, Vanilla is fantastic and works well especially with pink/plum/purple looks.

on 10/23/2014 3:13:00 PM

My 1st ever MAC shadow! Have had it about 10 years.... No lie and I still haven't hit pan! I don't use it everyday so maybe that's why! It's a gorgeous inner eye matte highlight shade and for the brow bone. I like shimmery shadows so it's nice to use matte elsewhere! A definite staple for your kit!

on 8/30/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Colour pay off of this eyeshadow isn't great but as I use it as a browbone highlight most times - it doesn't bother me too much. I prefer Brule but Vanilla is a great colour for darker skin complexions too.

on 8/15/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This has been my HG brow highlight for years and years. It is slightly lighter than my pale skin tone and blends out even the boldest of looks seamlessly. It's a velvet finish, but this reads totally matte on me. A smooth, buttery, blendable matte - which is ideal for me since I do not want any shimmer on my already predominate brow bone. This shade is also amazing for brightening up my lid. My eyes are deep set and lightening up my lid really opens up my eyes. I use this as a wash and pop a contour color just above the crease and my eyes look lifted and awake. I've hit pan on Vanilla over and over and over.

on 12/28/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE the color, the pigmentation sucks :/

on 11/13/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love it!!!! One of my first mac eyeshadows! Blends great and great for the crease or to make an eyeshadow more bright. I first heard about it when I saw an Arwen makeup tutorial but thought it was too pricy and months later I purchesed the mac pro palette and bought 4 eyeshadows and this was the 5th one (this one and shadowy lady).

on 7/28/2013 8:33:00 PM

When I first got this I wasn't overly impressed, I didn't find it pigmented enough for my liking. But, after some wear and regular use it seems it has gotten a lot better!

Now, i find this color a must have to my collection. It is a perfect brow highlight, and works well when placed on the lid if you use some browns in the crease ( vanilla on the lid, and soft brown and corduroy blended in the crease is my favorite at the moment )

I find it pretty easy to work with, it blends well and isn't super chalky. I highly recommend.

on 6/25/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love MAC Vanilla. It is super basic, not shimmery, and is great for a basic brow highlight and also for an all over base. It is smooth and blends well with other shadows. It doesn't scream WHITE, it is a muted white that is beautiful. I've bought this two times and it lasts forever.

on 6/18/2013 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this product as a brow highlighter and i love it because it's a basic day wear matt highlighter with no screaming shimmer nonsense. Very subtle and basic and perfect for work.

However, for a night out, i replace this with Nylon.

Top Rated MAC Products