April 17, 2014 | 1904 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Vanilla

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE the color, the pigmentation sucks :/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it!!!! One of my first mac eyeshadows! Blends great and great for the crease or to make an eyeshadow more bright. I first heard about it when I saw an Arwen makeup tutorial but thought it was too pricy and months later I purchesed the mac pro palette and bought 4 eyeshadows and this was the 5th one (this one and shadowy lady).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first got this I wasn't overly impressed, I didn't find it pigmented enough for my liking. But, after some wear and regular use it seems it has gotten a lot better!

Now, i find this color a must have to my collection. It is a perfect brow highlight, and works well when placed on the lid if you use some browns in the crease ( vanilla on the lid, and soft brown and corduroy blended in the crease is my favorite at the moment )

I find it pretty easy to work with, it blends well and isn't super chalky. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love MAC Vanilla. It is super basic, not shimmery, and is great for a basic brow highlight and also for an all over base. It is smooth and blends well with other shadows. It doesn't scream WHITE, it is a muted white that is beautiful. I've bought this two times and it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by ShwetaDewan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product as a brow highlighter and i love it because it's a basic day wear matt highlighter with no screaming shimmer nonsense. Very subtle and basic and perfect for work.

However, for a night out, i replace this with Nylon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good highlight color. Mine has good color payoff! I love how it's mostly matte with a couple pieces of sheen, it's gorgeous! Definitely a good purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

i have been hunting for the perfect matte white shadow and I HAVE FOUND IT!!! unlike other matte white shadows that i own, Vanilla has a lovely texture, is not chalky and the subtle hint of shimmer makes the color pop instead of making my eyes appear bland like other matte white shadows do, even though it still appears matte on my eyes! i love using this on my inner corners and brow bone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

There's not much to be said about this blandly made eyeshadow from MAC. It is both lackluster in finish and performance.
At NC15-20, I assumed this would be a good highlight, but the product drags across the skin no matter the brush in my opinion. (My skin does go rather dry, even with assortments of primers on the lids inclusive of TSFI, UD, Nars, MAC PP.)

I found similar shades from Shu Uemura that glide on better, or even MAC's Blanc Type. I'm not sure what it is about Vanilla (Perhaps it's satin finish) but it does leave a lot to be desired.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG HIGHLIGHT!!! I am a NC15 and it is PERFECT for highlighting and blending out the crease! Let me just say that I do not like shimmer in my highlights and although it appears to have a tiny amount of sparkle in the pan, it applies matte. I don't know why a lot of the reviews say that vanilla is lacking in pigmentation... I find mine to be highly pigmented. I have recently made a "Guide to MAC Highlight Eyeshadows" if you would like to check it out!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning by a bottle).

Was not impressed. This is a "meh" shadow. Was looking for a very subtle, every day highlighting shadow. This seems to have chalky texture and so-so pigmentation. For some reason, it also seems to make my dark circles stand out more. Not sure what the deal on that is. Throwing in my swap pile.