April 21, 2014 | 1322 users online

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

My lipstick still faded

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this so that I wouldn't have to buy lip liners for every single lipstick I own, hoping that it would keep my lipstick in place. However, I don't see much of a difference between using this and then using nothing at all. It's just...meh!

The thing that really bothers me about it is that it broke the first time I used it. The little part on the bottom that turns the product up just fell out. Now I can't turn it up anymore. So don't bother wasting your money on this, it's just a stupid product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using this for the first time today, and so, so impressed already! I'm in my early 30's and starting to see fine lines around my upper lips.

I applied this pencil around my natural lip line when I arrived at work today and then applied one coat of my Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick in 08 -- a rosy beige. I drank coffee and water all morning from a cup, then added gloss to the top of my lipstick and it did not bleed into the fine lines! After lunch I blotted my lips clean, used a Chapstick, then reapplied the lip lock pencil around my lip line and then went a step further and applied it all over my lips. Then I applied Jordana's Hollywood Red lipstick. The combination of the products felt great on my lips - like the color was stuck on their without being tacky or drying. I have been drinking water all afternoon from a paper cup and now that it's 5 pm, I still have a perfect outline, no bleeding. Additionally, even though I've rubbed my lips together a lot, the color hasn't settled into lines in my lips. And while the top layer of the lipstick has obviously transferred off my lips and onto the paper cup, the color is still even and bold.

My only little hang up is that little shards of the pencil came off on my lips when I first applied, but once it warmed up, it was much smoother.

Can't wait to try this again tomorrow with a more moisturizing lipstick (Wet'n'Wild Nouveau Pink). Stay tuned....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This holds my lip color in place instead of in fine lip lines. I will be buying again! Not for a while though as you get quite a bit!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lilredldybug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got my E.L.F order today was the first time trying omg.. i love this stuff had it one when i came into work this morning went to luch at a burrio and still had lipstick one i didnt even need to touch up and it did not feather out.. love this stuff ,, i put this on all over my lips let it set for a good 5 minutes.. then put on my lip color which was also a elf product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shut up!! Ok, lipstick rarely ever stays on my lips regardless of whether i am talking, eating, drinking, etc. In fact, most lipsticks stay on for :45 max before they start feathering/clumping/fading. However, with this gem, my lipstick stays on for 2x longer!! OMG! It is truly amazing. Seriously. It is a miracle for me -- i can finally wear the brightest to the plainest lipsticks without fearing the awfully tacky fading of colour. I am so utterly happy. Try this $3 miracle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Iím really liking this!

I LOVE super-bright lipsticks, and I love the way this clear liner keeps the color in place, for that cleanly defined look.

Yes, this liner is on the waxy side, and the tube feels flimsy, but the price for a high-performing cruelty-free product is outstanding!

Iíll most likely keep buying this, unless I find something that works even better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by echoi1991

I don't use lip liner so I thought this would be a good alternative. In a couple hours my lipstick is always gone and I have to touch up. When I use lipstick they also accentuate lines and dryness.
This keeps my lipstick on decently but what I LOVE is how it fills in lines. Immediately after applying it my lips and the colour look so smooth and even. People have said they think it's sticky but I find it pretty silky. I also love that it's clear because colored liners always look too harsh on me.
Super cheap and a neat tool. But ELF products as sticks in a tube tend to wobble around in their package.
Overall though, good product to go beyond essentials!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by SabineRaun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a product that is made to prevent lipstick from bleeding, and it does the job wonderfully! It's much easier and faster than applying, blending and setting concealer around the lips as I used to do it.
It lasts all day and does not need to be touched up, and it is so cheap! (3-4£)

The only negative about this is that you can feel it around your lips and it is a bit sticky, I personally dont mind it too much, but if you really dont like to feel your wearing makeup you might not like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by saluthia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to try out with my dark/red lipsticks instead of having to buy multiple liners all in red, but I think I'll still end up picking up the liners eventually. It is applied outside of the lips which I'm not a huge fan of so that's my only reason for not loving this.

It worked as described and limited feathering/bleeding. Thin layers work best otherwise you can feel it on your skin. I've had it for 2 months now and I honestly prefer to wear my lipstick without it and just touch it up. I don't like to feel my make-up on my skin and so it didn't work for me. Not terrible though and my skin had no adverse reaction to it.