July 31, 2014 | 1339 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Lock Pencil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love this pencil and keep several around in my purse, at home, at work, etc. It's comfortable to wear and non-greasy (I've tried other "clear liners" like Milani which felt oily and sticky on my lips and crumbled too - not good). I apply this over my entire lip to keep any lipstick or lip colour product lasting longer and more vibrant than it would look without. I also love that it makes my lips appear fuller without adding any glossiness and keeps my lipsticks a touch more matte and looks especially good with natural "mlbb" shades. Doesn't dry out lips, prevents any lipstick/gloss/whatever from migrating and it's cheap - highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clumsy packaging aside, this liner is great at doing what it's meant to. It's invisible, comfortable, not irritating, and keeps lip products from straying. What more can you expect? It's $3.00, full retail (and you can get it on sale), and can take the place of a drawer full of liners. I will most certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a space saver! I get so tired of carrying around a gazzilion different colored liners. Enter this clear liner which eliminates feathering like a boss. And you don't have to worry abt those pesky lining mistakes. AND its only 3 bucks, woo hoo! I have seen these go for anywhere btw $15-$25 in dept stores and there is no difference in any of them, at any price. I recommend grabbing one of these for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

My lipstick still faded

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this so that I wouldn't have to buy lip liners for every single lipstick I own, hoping that it would keep my lipstick in place. However, I don't see much of a difference between using this and then using nothing at all. It's just...meh!

The thing that really bothers me about it is that it broke the first time I used it. The little part on the bottom that turns the product up just fell out. Now I can't turn it up anymore. So don't bother wasting your money on this, it's just a stupid product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using this for the first time today, and so, so impressed already! I'm in my early 30's and starting to see fine lines around my upper lips.

I applied this pencil around my natural lip line when I arrived at work today and then applied one coat of my Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick in 08 -- a rosy beige. I drank coffee and water all morning from a cup, then added gloss to the top of my lipstick and it did not bleed into the fine lines! After lunch I blotted my lips clean, used a Chapstick, then reapplied the lip lock pencil around my lip line and then went a step further and applied it all over my lips. Then I applied Jordana's Hollywood Red lipstick. The combination of the products felt great on my lips - like the color was stuck on their without being tacky or drying. I have been drinking water all afternoon from a paper cup and now that it's 5 pm, I still have a perfect outline, no bleeding. Additionally, even though I've rubbed my lips together a lot, the color hasn't settled into lines in my lips. And while the top layer of the lipstick has obviously transferred off my lips and onto the paper cup, the color is still even and bold.

My only little hang up is that little shards of the pencil came off on my lips when I first applied, but once it warmed up, it was much smoother.

Can't wait to try this again tomorrow with a more moisturizing lipstick (Wet'n'Wild Nouveau Pink). Stay tuned....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This holds my lip color in place instead of in fine lip lines. I will be buying again! Not for a while though as you get quite a bit!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lilredldybug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got my E.L.F order today was the first time trying omg.. i love this stuff had it one when i came into work this morning went to luch at a burrio and still had lipstick one i didnt even need to touch up and it did not feather out.. love this stuff ,, i put this on all over my lips let it set for a good 5 minutes.. then put on my lip color which was also a elf product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shut up!! Ok, lipstick rarely ever stays on my lips regardless of whether i am talking, eating, drinking, etc. In fact, most lipsticks stay on for :45 max before they start feathering/clumping/fading. However, with this gem, my lipstick stays on for 2x longer!! OMG! It is truly amazing. Seriously. It is a miracle for me -- i can finally wear the brightest to the plainest lipsticks without fearing the awfully tacky fading of colour. I am so utterly happy. Try this $3 miracle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Iím really liking this!

I LOVE super-bright lipsticks, and I love the way this clear liner keeps the color in place, for that cleanly defined look.

Yes, this liner is on the waxy side, and the tube feels flimsy, but the price for a high-performing cruelty-free product is outstanding!

Iíll most likely keep buying this, unless I find something that works even better.