April 21, 2014 | 802 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Heartbreaker Liquid Liner Pen

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I honestly loved this product - it goes on very nicely - easy and precise. but seriously it is wayy to over priced for how long it lasted.
I don't even wear make up everyday, and i don't do smokey makeup so i didn't use a whole lot but they either dried out or ran out within 3 weeks or less

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by IceyCandyCane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the best eyeliners I've tried. It is super precise, dries fast, doesn't smudge and it comes in a waterproof formula THAT doesn't take forever to come off.

The packaging was also super cute and there's not one thing I hate about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great eyeliner!
I do not have the steadiest of hands and so I never attain a thin line. But with this smashbox eyeliner it is possible. It is very dark and produces a solid black line. Everytime I'm going out, this is the eyeliner I choose because it's truly amazing and will not mess up.
Packaging is great. It's small, sleek and has no ridges. This actually feels like holding a pen/pencil and I think that's why it's easy to use (whereas ELF's has a slight ridge at the end).
I love the actual applicator because not only is it thin to allow for a thin line but it's also long and makes application much easier. And I just semi partially close my eyes (about halfway) and then start at the middle and instead of using the tip I apply it slanted and across and then using the tip to fill in or shape the inner part.
Pricing for me was super cheap $8 at a warehouse sale, but retail for $23 is quite expensive - especially since some have been saying that it drys out easily. I've been using it for a month now and it has not dried out on me. I wish I picked up two more of these because this is just that wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by annixa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best liner I've tried. Dries fast, gives a really intensive black line and is easy to apply with a nice and thin tip. I have actually tried to rub this liner off just to test how well it stays on, and it didn't smudge at all!
I don't know aboyt the dry up-part since I've just had this prod. for little more than a week.
Only con would be that it can trace into fine lines if you have those around your eye/eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by winkkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good liquid liner pen. After about 15 seconds, the product starts drying. It has an intense, rich black color. The point creates definition and a perfect line. The only real complaint that I have is that it can dry out very quickly. I make sure that I work fast and replace the cap as soon as possible. Overall, a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by nikishahani

I was never really keen on liquid liner as I always felt it would be hard to master but a few months ago I took the plunge and tried a few. I started with a couple of drug store ones that were horrible and used to burn my eyes and then I tried both MAC's liquid last liner and penultimate liner. They were ok but I never quite got the look I was after. I read a few reviews online about the smashbox heartbreaker liner and I fell in love with the packaging so although it was a little on the expensive side, I thought why not? BEST LIQUID LINER EVER. It's easy to apply because of the pen style and it lasts around 8 hours without fading or smudging. I've rubbed my eyes with this stuff on and no joke it stays perfectly in place. I'm sad this is limited edition as it has fast become my HG liquid liner. Definitely purchase this if you're looking for a good liquid liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I have been using liquid liner EVERYDAY for the past 4 years and I've tried so many! i have to say, this is the one for me(too bad it's limited so far; that's why i've bought 2!)
I love this, it stays on all day, does not flake and is the blackest liner!
Absolutely worth every penny! ($28CDN)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ssaarraahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

oh my god..this is so amazing! i really suck at putting on eyeliner and my eyes look horrible with a fatty black line, so i tried this because the tip is small enough to get the perfect eyeline look for me...the color is such a gorgeous jet black and it does not move until you take it off..
i really hope smashbox comes out with this e/l in their regular collections...this is such an amazing product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by sydneyjs

I have used Almay liquid liner for Hazel eyes. It was black with some shimmer to it. I didn't like how it felt, so I decided to go for something more expensive. I was buying some Smashbox products anyway, so I decided to get the eyeliner for 1/2 price.

Pros:
Pen applicator helps with application
Goes on smoothly and it is easy to control
Stays on like no other I've tried
Has a shine to it, so it isn't dull and flat
Easy to remove with makeup remover, and any mistakes come off easily

Cons:
I had to exchange mine for a different one, as it stopped working after about 20 days. I was so upset, but I loved it so much that I went back and got a different one.
It is a bit pricier than the drugstore brands that I know and generally like, but definitely worth it.

I plan on buying this again and again, or at least until liquid eyeliner is a faux pas

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to go grab this at Sephora after reading Christine's reviews on Temptalia. This holds true to everything this liner claims to do: it's waterproof, doesn't smudge, and delivers a JET black line the first time you apply it. None of this off black business that most liners like this give you, which is a big pet peeve of mine. I really love the ultra thin felt tip and it's not flimsy either. It's very easy to apply for a liquid liner, even though my liquid lining skills aren't necessarily up to snuff. You will need a good makeup remover to take this stuff off because it is waterproof! The only drawback is it is pricey at $24 for a tiny litte pen, but I would pay it again.