October 1, 2014 | 1809 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by My1aNNeOnLy

Too damn expensive but it kept my acne at bay! Did it take away all the scars, no...kept my acne at bay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by nadyastwt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads together with Clarisonic mia2. Because the PA at Sephora suggested me to use MWR, after cleansing with Clarisonic to get the best result. So far this product doesn't give me any breakouts, and somehow this product also helps me to reduce excess oil.

I love how it moisturizes my skin and how it takes all the residue left (sometimes i still can see a little bit of my foundation and a little bit of dirt on the pad) even after cleansing my skin with my Clarisonic.

Even these pads feel kinda oily, but after i rub it into my face and just leave it for few seconds, it will dry and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed, smooth, and tight. I've also noticed that most of acne scars, blemishes and sunspots have faded, so i don't have to use concealer as much as i did.

I know this product is pricey, but I've seen improvements on my skin which i really really love. So i think these pads are worth trying. I definitely will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by minjikim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please help!!! I used this product and it has completely ruined my skin.

First, I used to have oily to combination skin but after using this product, my skin has changed to extremely dry and super sensitive. I never to used to break out but now I do. But even worse, I get these red dots all over my nose and cheeks. They are not pimples. They are red, inflamed tiny bubbles that won't go away. I am devastated. I wish they were pimples so they'd go away. I dont even mind the dry skin. I just want these red inflamed bubble like looking things to go away.

I have gone to many different dermatologists in NYC, Franc and in Asia. No one has fixed my skin condition permanently. They have all advised me to use a steroid treatment which I get twice a week. It's with two drops of steroid because I am afraid of using a steroid cream on my face myself. After the treatment, the redness goes away for awhile but it comes back again every week. I cannot be doing this for the rest of my life. It's already been a year.

Has anyone experienced what I am describing after using this product? Please help.

I would do anything to have my normal skin back, anything. Anyone have any recommendations?

I have tried everything from Neutrogena, Cetaphil to La Mer Creme and La Mer Concentrate. I don't care about the cost. I just want my skin back.

Thank you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

Update 4/8/13: I don't pour the solution over the pads anymore, since it just seems to 'age' or dry out the product over time. I just pour the solution onto the single pad every night.. and just found out you can buy more pads here: http://www.essentialwholesale.com/Toner-Pads. This should totally extend the useage of this product and make it more cost effective! :D

ORIGINAL REVIEW: NC25, Chinese acne prone, mid 30s, desert climate.

I tried hard not to like these, but the first time a year ago.. I liked it so much, I bought 2 more backups. Then I played around w/ a ton of skincare ... swapped 1 backup away, and then finally a year later, reintro myself to my last backup. I am in love again.

And there is something good here.. my skin is calm, acts like an exfoliator, and I'm pleased to see whatever residue left from even after oil/double cleanse, the pads are picking up the rest. I can't say w/ certainty it diminishes acne, but it certainly does not break me out. The greatest improvement is skin tone in general. I may try MUAC peels again, but I'm convinced this is a great day to day activity for my skin. At the next Sephora F&F, I am planning to stock. At basically $1/day, it seems insane.. but if I think $365 / year, then it doesn't seem insane considering the amts I spend on other face and makeup products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since my unexcitement with Lancome Visionaire, I decided to try Philosphy's Miracle Worker. I bought the 40 $ trial size. I used it as directed. In the end, I cut apart the Retinoid Pads, so I would be able to stretch the product. I noticed subtle differences within 2 days. The wrinkles between my eyebrows, almost gone. My skin, smooth. I ordered the full size from QVC the other day. (I'd not do this, they take forever to ship, and I found it on Amazon Prime for $50 less).

I hand't thought too much about the subtle differences until my 21 year old son said, "Mom, I like your new make up. It makes your face look smooth." I assured him I wasn't wearing any make up. He accused me of having an expensive facial. I said, "No, I've not had an expensive facial. I'm using a new Philosophy product." He said, "Are you sure you're not wearing make up?" I assured him I wasn't. He said, "Keep using it." The next morning, day 16, I looked in the mirror closely. My cheeks were smooth. I have a chicken pox , on my cheeks, it was barely noticeable. My skin texture looked years younger. I am 50. I love this product, and will continue to use it.

Oh, and my knees are gross, from crawling around on them with my dogs as a child. I began using this on my knees, and the dry circle areas are gone. My kneecaps are smooth. A total change. I can wear shorts without being self conscious.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by whisperrom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this after searching for a product to give me an overall better look, in regards to lines, dullness, firmness, etc. With that said, this product is absolutely for sure one to have in your beauty arsenal!!! I only used it for about 65 days, instead of the full 90 supply, because turns out this product has Vitamin C, and my skin is allergic, so I'd get the occasional blemish. I knew about the Vit C after week 1, but kept using, because really wanted it to work. So after 65 days of use, my skin looks firmer, more even skin tone, reduced lines and just overall healthier. I took some before and after pics and was very surprised!. And this girl is not easily impressed, because I'm a product junkie, I like to try everything, lol! Price is also good, considering it's for 90 days and the results I received. Only gave 4 stars because Vitamin C caused me to break out. Message me and I'll send before/after pics! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sunnyweather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love these, but discovered that my skin didn't like them. Cystic acne resulted after several days of use. I also didn't see much for anti-aging action, but maybe that's because my face wasn't in horrible condition to start with.

For some reason my normal/dry face just doesn't like the Miracle Worker line. The moisturizer also didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SeeCindyHi

I am a big fan of philosophy products, especially their skin care products. I tried these pads because of the great reviews on qvc and I also need to concentrate on good skin care due to my age (48). After the first 3 days of using this product I broke out on my chin. Big cystic acne. I have had zits such as these before but not very often at all, and not in a very long time. Thought maybe it was because of hormonal changes etc. As I continued use of the pads the acne got worse. I stopped using them thinking maybe they were the cause. After my skin cleared up (with some dark spots from the major ones) I tried the pads again. Sure enough, more break outs on my chin. Something in the ingredients does not agree with my skin at all. I am skeptical about trying any retinol products after my experience. I will be sticking to my favorite vitamin C serum and philosophy's microdelivery peel pads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked the idea that the retinoid is stable in a dark bottle until poured fresh onto the pads. The downsize is that the product then has a shelf-life. No point in using every other night or cutting the pads is half to stretch your dollar b/c the formula will become unstable and ineffective. The directions state to use the product within 3 months of pouring the solution. The pads definitely deposit product but they are not saturated in the solution. Do not expect the pads to be wet when applied and they are a little scratchy. It does however leave a layer of retinoid that absorbs within minutes. I have been a long time sufferer of acne-prone skin in the T-zone but this has not caused breakouts. In fact, my skin looks brighter, clearer, and even-toned. I noticed improvement within the first week.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by beansidhe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about one month. I held off reviewing it up to this point, and I am glad I did. My initial review would have been quite different than up to now.

I kept reading articles where it said one should begin to use a retinoid at 40, and it made me start my investigating. When I took a good hard look at my skin, I didn't see any wrinkles, laugh lines, etc. I did have large pores, a bit of thicking where the under eye meets the cheek. Every time I use a cream, I get clogged pores. So, when I found out that Philosophy had a retinoid that was not a lotion or cream. I decided to give it a whirl. I also didn't think I really needed prescription strength, as my skin is not that bad, really.

I used the pads for a couple of days and initially it wasn't good. I got 6 really big pimples on my face. I hardly ever get pimples, just blackheads and those little bumps. I perservered, as I had read about purging. They weren't cystic like, or sore, or itchy. After a few days, they went away. I also got a few dry patches. Then I got dryness.

After a few weeks, I really started to see a dramatic improvement of my complexion. I am amazed. My pores are smaller, my skin is really bright, there are no more bumps, the thickening skin I mentioned above is totally gone. I really have the best skin I've ever had! I don't do peels now, I really only use Boscia Cleansing Oil and my Philosophy at night. I use a light cleanser in the a.m., then Shiseido sunscreen. That's it. I have a few skin tags on my neck that are drying up from this stuff, too, so that's a bonus.

This is expensive stuff. I'll keep buying as long as it keeps working for me. It really has simplified my routine. Anyone who tries it needs to give it a few weeks before reaching a verdict, unless you're having what is obviously an allergic reaction.