August 28, 2014 | 1604 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Diamond Dog

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Haven't reviewed anything in awhile, but this one merits it. Firstly, I'm 44 so in theory I should be shying away from sparkle in my shadows but ya know what? I don't care what anyone says, I look OLDER in matte shades, plus I just love the hell out of Urban Decay and freakin' shimmer, so I will just buck the system and buy what I like! And girls, I like this. I may love it! The color seems to be a taupe brown in that, lightly brushed on it looks more taupe to me, but when I swatched it heavily on my wrist it was pretty dark brown. It's gorgeous. Really. I'm the worst at whether a shade is "cool" or "warm" but I know a bunch of the naked 1 and 2 palette colors didn't seem to flatter me, but this does. My eyes are light brown and the right taupe or brown can look amazing on me, the wrong one looks really really bad. This and nars Galapagos are my favorites. Try a primer or wet application here to avoid shimmer fallout, but IMO it IS fine shimmer, not glitter as is the case with numerous other UD shadows I own. All in all, try to swatch at a store if you can, but beware--you'll likely spend twenty bucks for it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

This colour is gorgeous. It's a really classy type of sparkle-very fine milled glitter. It's a lovely taupe colour with hints of greedy gold in some light. I have yellow based skin but lean more towards cool shades however this colour is perfect for me. I didn't experience any fallout with this and it stays put but its much better with a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Chicwolves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I stopped by Sephora a few weeks ago not really looking to buy anything but once I saw Diamond Dog I couldn't pass it up. I wouldn't normally spend $20 on an eyeshadow but I just couldn't resist. I personally don't use it with a primer and it lasts a good 12hrs. Love this eyeshadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by funbag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love UD Stardust shadows! I especially like the light purple, but I had a gift cert to Ulta the other day, and have always admired this shade and finally decided to purchase it. I love it... but I think it's a cool shade of taupe, not warm, which is great for my fair skin and dark hair. Absolutely love the sparkles and how they shimmer in a nice, pretty way, no big raunchy clumpy sparkles. Don't be afraid to rock shimmer shadows in your late 30's, girls! Would definately buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these Stardust eye shadows! Diamond dog is a perfect beautiful taupe and more pigmented than other similar sparkle eye shadows on the market. It has very finely milled sparkles that looks so gorgeous on my eyelids. Even though I'm 31 and a mother of 2, I rock these in total confidence because even though they have a lot of sparkle, UD managed to make them super gorgeous and not raunchy. And even though there's alot of sparkle, there's barely any fall out. I get WAY more fall out with Bobbi Brown's metallic cream shadows. This, along with Retrograde, are a great addition to my eye shadow wardrobe. Love the cute packaging too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in Ulta today. I was on a no-buy for cosmetics but I saw this in person and couldn't pass it up. I am a sucker for shimmer taupes and this is packed with shimmer and beautiful, finely milled silver/gold glitter. Apparently Urban Decay is marketing this as "no-fallout"; however, this wasn't the case and after patting it on with my finger all over the lid and and using a brush to intensify the shadow at the outer corners, I did have a shower of glitter underneath my eyes. If I was wearing this out at night, though, I wouldn't mind b/c I think it's kind of pretty. The color payoff, while sheer, was pretty good and it showed up on my eyes the way it appeared in the pan. I took one lippie off b/c of the fallout, but was satisfied with everything else including the new packaging. I really want to try to light purple next. Diamond Dog is definitely worth getting, especially if you love taupes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Diamond Dog is one of UD's new Stardust shadows. It is a warm toned brown with a huge shimmer factor. As with the other Stardust shadows, you need to use this over a primer and apply with a sponge applicator. Don't use brushes!! This brown probably won't suit everyone as it is quite warm, so if you are cool toned I'd probably swatch this before you commit to buying. The shimmer has slight fallout during application, but after you dust it off it stays put on the lid all day with no flaking. Even though you have to use an applicator, the shadow is still easily blendable. If you click continued, you'll see an EOTD I did using Diamond Dog on the outer 3rd of upper lid, up into crease, and brought down to the bottom lid. I think it blended rather well, though I couldn't get the camera to pick up the super shimmeryness (which is very noticeable IRL). All in all I adore these shadows (I have five) though I do think they are misunderstood. The application technique takes a bit getting used to, but if you love noticeable shimmer that actually stays on the lids I think they are definitely worth it!
PIC>>