April 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Nectar Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great on me as a NC30-35 (depending on season) skintone with a warm undertone and yellow-ish skin. It applies great and looks beautiful. It makes me glow. For those who don't like shimmer, I wouldn't recommend this as it's quite noticeable. It's a little pricey and that makes me kind pretty sad, but they last fairly long. I love it and would buy again if I could splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Nectar & I use it as my everyday blush. I am an NC25, fair w/ yellow undertones, blonde, blue-green eyes & this looks very natural yet gives a pop of color. It's very buildable. I'm not a fan of these particular colors on my eyes so I don't normally use as an eye shadow but I gave it a try once & it worked well. I also have dusted over my temples & chin in the Summer for an all over glow. Since I am pretty fair, I find that this works best for me as a blush. It's too shimmery & obvious on my skintone to use as a believable "glow". I liked this so much that I suggested to my sister that she HAD to pick one up for herself. She's similar skintone w/ brown hair & dark, chocolate brown eyes & she also loves this. It is expensive but last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a complete impulse buy for me. I was in a Blue Mercury and was attracted to the colors. I swatched it and immediately feel in love. I have used this as a highlighter and used one of the strips as an eyeshadow. With UDPP primer, it actually lasted the whole day and looked great as an eyeshadow. As highlighter, it is so pretty!! My advice would be to make use you use a fluffy brush that won't pick up a ton of product when you use this as a highlighter as you are in danger of too much shimmer otherwise. I can see very pale gals being able to use this as a blush, but for me as a yellow toned NC20-25 (half asian), its a golden pinky corally highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlighter. The colors are so gorgeous and looks amazing on my NC42 skintone. I've had this for a very long time and still have a lot left, so a little definitely goes a long way. Expensive, but definitely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Shin786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not very clued up on the whole highlighter front but as far as this one goes it's pretty damn good! Its somewhat on the pricey side however it does give an instant glow to the face. I can really use it on it's own on my nc35 skin as I do feel it doesn't show its varied corals and pinks properly(lighter skin tones defo could) but once used with a bit of blusher it's lovely! I normally dip my blusher stick into my blusher then give it a slight whirl around the shimmer brick and then apply. It isn't silvery or powdery but instead applies a subtle but lovely pinky lilalcy peachy sheen to the cheeks. The White in the palette is amazing to highlight the brow bone or the inner corner of the lid! Overall a very pleasant and versatile tool to have in the kit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on my iPhone when I was waiting at the doctor's office and bored out of my mind. With shipping, I paid over $40.00, which in retrospect was nuts. However, I love the product and use it almost every day. The packaging is chunky and heavy, but I like it. I usually wear this on the apples of my cheeks after applying bronzer, or I use it as a highlighter when I'm wearing a darker or matte blush. I also use it over blush to blend and soften the lines and give a slight glow. It works well no matter what I do with it, and I've used it with all shades of pink and peach blushes and bronzers. I know some people use it on their eye area, but I haven't tried that. I would buy this again, but it will take a long time to use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these shimmer bricks. I have Nectar and the Tawny set. They both give a lovely glow applied like a bronzer. They're shimmery but OK for daytime use. I get compliments on my skin when I wear them. Nectar looks bright! But I wear the Bobbi Brown coral blush and goes well with it. They're not cheap but you can find them cheap if you search around. I got an unboxed one for less than $20. You only need a tiny bit so I can't imagine running out anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by missgiggles89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am new to the world of Bobbi brown but I got a bit obsessed and decided I must get a shimmerbrick. So... while browsing beauty blogs I found out that the shimmerbrick in nectar was going cheap on Strawberrynet. Yes, it was unboxed but the bloggers claimed it was genuine so I trusted them and at 14 pounds, I thought what the hell...

It arrived within 2 to 3 days and with free postage, I was impressed.

I opened the product and it was beautiful! 5 strips of shimmery colour.. gorgeousness!
I apply this with a blusher brush - one sweep to use as a highlighter but a couple more sweeps and you can build it up for a beautiful blush! People say you can use the individual strips as eyeshadow but I'm yet to try that.

If you can find a good deal I say go ahead... I'll have to wait till I can afford to get more but I will definitely come back for more.

People even mentioned how glowy I looked when I wore this! and no one ever comments on my make up / skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely colour that makes me look healthy .. and like a disco ball!. I apply calipso coral underneath and the brick on top. It gives a nice glow. it is very unnatural on NC15 complexions. Not recommended. i gave it to my sister who is NC40/45. Get Becca illuminator instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sueg374

Love this color - the perfect peachy/pink, blends beautifully with BB nectar blush too. You can use this as a subtle blush, but most of the time I prefer to use it over a bit of my regular blush. Note to the more "mature" MUA'ers - you CAN use this as long as you use a light hand in the application. It will give you a glow, but if you apply too much it will be shiny.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No