October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion For Face & Body, spf 60 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by petagal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this even on my fair oily skin. It absorbed quickly and gave me no oil slicks--best, I didn't realize I was wearing it while out.

The only reason that I might not buy this again is the multitude of sunscreens of every texture and benefit. Before this, I could not have enough DDF or PTR. And now that we have BBs, there's a whole extra category for protection and benefits (not to mention the minerals, which last forever).

I think this is a winner, but it's difficult to stop experimenting.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample packet of this sunscreen and decided to try it out yesterday for work (I am a cabana server at a water park).
    Immediately this felt very greasy and runny, and made my face look very oily.
    I decided to leave it and hoped it would sink in during my drive.
    Throughout the day, it still felt very slick, but had a pleasant scent to it. When I got home, I noticed 4 new pimples :(
    I will not purchase this full-size..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite moisturizer so far!

It's runny, which I prefer because it's easier to blend in so I can layer my makeup.

Not to mention, it's high in SPF! (The higher the better!)

I tend to have rather oily skin, so every couple of hours I need to blot, but besides that, all is well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Yullen

I really wanted to like this product, it seemed promising with its high SPF. But sadly, I hate it. I have dry/combo/sensitive skin and I break out easily, and this product broke me out terribly just after one application! It has a very bad white cast, so its impossible to wear it on its own, you must put foundation or at least powder if you want to use it. The smell doesnt bug me, but it did dry my skin pretty bad as well, so I had dry patches on my T zone :\
    The only pro side is that I got it during a sale haha.
    Anyways, wont buy this again. OH! And its also pretty thick so the application isn't so smooth. But I guess most sunscreens are like that.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by rodenbach

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is runny and has a STRONG sunscreen scent. It also broke me out. I generally like Shiseido products, so this was a big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This sunscreen was the first of Shisedo's that I tried, and it has worked very well for me. It's texture is quite runny, which I like, because it smooths on easily and looks great under makeup. It doesn't seem to dry out my skin like some of the more mattifying ones do, but it doesn't make my skin look or feel greasy either. I do notice that it makes my face a bit white while I'm applying it, but it disappears as you work it in. I'm quite fair though, so if you have deeper skin you may have to be more careful about blending it.

It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and I've had no issue with breakouts. It has kind of a floral a scent to it, but it goes away pretty quickly after you apply it.Overall, I'm very happy with this sunscreen's performance, and would repurchase. If you're looking for sunscreen with mattifying properties though, this may not be the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by grak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am one of the ones who used to use the previous SPF 55 formula and loved it. It was super mattifying on my oily skin. This new SPF 60 formula is definitely not as mattifying, and while that is a little sad, it is still a killer sunscreen. I wear this to prevent melasma - my biggest problem - and it does the job. I go to the beach and put this on my face, and put some other brand of sunscreen on my body like Coppertone or Banana Boat whatever in a high SPF. Well, my body still gets tan, but my face does not! And it keeps the melasma under control. I put this on my kids' faces sometimes to help keep the sun exposure under control - none of the usual drugstore brands have the staying power.

So what I did to make this new formula work for me on a daily basis is: mix it half and half with Biore Perfect Face Milk SPF 50++. I discovered the Biore thanks to MUA reviews. The Biore has good staying power and the milky consistency that I love and is VERY mattifying. I found that after wearing the Biore alone for a few days in a row that my skin was getting dried out. So.....mix them, and now I have something that works great for my skin. More matte than the Shiseido and not as drying as the Biore. (When I go to the beach or other outdoor activity, I just use the Shiseido)

I still remove this with cleansing oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by lettyb76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this sunscreen. Unlike other people who comment that this sunscreen is too runny, I buy this because of the consistency. It blends so easily and it's easy to wear under foundation. I've had problems with other sunscreens in that it was hard to blend foundation over them, making my makeup look cakey. This sunscreen works great in that respect. I only wish it had a matte finish because I have oily skin. However, putting loose powder over my foundation solves that issue. I will continue purchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST sunscreen for my face. I have extremely oily skin and this product keeps me from oiling up for several hours and makeup goes on very smoothly over it. It is very water resistant and I like that this has physical blockers.
    I am NC50-ish and I have noticed that this formula gives a whitish cast, but I rub it in well and make sure to give it a few mintures before adding primer and foundation, and I have not had a problem with photographing white or anythig like that.
    This product gives excellent protection. I had noticed a few sun/age spots on my skin and since I have been back to faithfully using this, I have not had any more appear. The scent does not linger nor does it conflict with any frangrance I might wear. People call this product pricy but it performs very well and lasts a long time since a little goes a long way. I find it worth the price and I don't like to overpay for skincare.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by glamourjenny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge Shiseido suncare buff! I've used all of the sunscreen creams, lotions, and foundation. I miss the old SPF 55 and I thought that this one could replace it but I find that this one leaves a white cast compared to all the other other Shiseido sunscreen. However, it's the only one high enough to protect my skin. Skin dullness doesn't come back anymore but I'm tired of friends and family asking me why I'm so pale when I use this product. Not to mention, this lotion doesn't have much oil control as much as the creams. I kind of have mixed feelings about this product.