August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Lengths Mascara in 01 Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally don't purchase "lengthening" mascaras -- I prefer volumizing ones. However, this mascara has proven to be quite a gem! This separates and lengthens my lashes beautifully. If I really work it into the base of the lashes -- it even provides decent volume and a nice blackened base lash. This doesn't flake on me or clump. It washes away nicely with normal eye makeup remover. I don't get the black smears under my brow from the tips of my lashes. It is a very nice, overall mascara. I'm now curious to try the healthy volume mascara from Neutrogena. I would definitely purchase this again. It's not HG, but I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Love this mascara - my HG is L'Oreal's Butterfly Lash, which gives more volume and drama BUT for work, and every day the Neutrogena is great.

I have puny short lashes that point down, slightly hooded eyes so everything smudges. . .ugh, basically terrible lashes and small eyes . .I *need* mascara and an eyelash curler in my life. With this mascara, I curl my lashes using a Shu curler and then apply 1-2 coats. It makes my lashes look long and full with no smudging! Also, it never flakes on me, has never clumped either - I don't even need to brush out my lashes with a lash comb after applying. Love this mascara and also the Healthy Volume version - both are in my regular rotation!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LaurenLaughs20

Favorite mascara EVER. I have bought so many mascaras from Maybelline to MAC and this is without doubt the best mascara formula and brush for me. The brush is so flexible and it really hugs each individual lash. The brush itself actually curls your lashes up a bit, too.The formula is so light weight and it really looks like your natural lashes. This mascara definitely is amazing and the best I've ever tried. I'd recommend it to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by amybabyyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I came across a skinny black tube of this at Walgreens, and the package said New. I like the way it lengthens without feeling crunchy or looking spidery. It does for length what Maybelline's Full N Soft does for volume: it creates a nice, natural-yet-made-up look. I use it for my everyday work look.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by babyhorse1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I bought this mascara I had high hopes. Neutrogena products have always been wonderful, but this mascara was anything but. It clumped like crazy and didn't come off, even with makeup remover wipes and water. I shouldn't have to scrub that much at my eyelashes!! The formula was really gloppy, and for people with longer eyelashes, like myself, that is a huge no-no. Sadly, I won't buy it again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ticklemesteffie

I actually got this mascara in the Black/Brown color but I think it works just as well. My friend got this item and used it almost for a year and her eyelashes.. They did grow! I wanted some too, but it's a bit pricey at my local drugstore. Yesterday I found it on sale, and I had a coupon and it came out to be about 3 dollars and 50 cents, then tax came in and made it about 4 dollars. It was cheap, and I was pretty happy! It separates my lashes, no clumps and it's waterproof. I have short asian lashes, so i'm not very blessed to have long healthy lashes. I really hope this product will work as well as it did on my friend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very, very natural-looking mascara. It defines/separates nicely and darkens my lashes, but does not lengthen or thicken at all. I do like more of a dramatic look for my lashes lately, so I rarely wear this on its own, unless I’m going for a minimal, no-makeup look. I have started using this as a ‘base coat’ and applying a coat of my L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black overtop, and I like it for that purpose. It nicely defines and separates my lashes before applying a thicker, volumizing formula overtop. The Healthy Lengths does last all day with minimal smudging, and I have no problems with it clumping or flaking. I am not a fan of the brush, even though it serves its purpose well. I just find these ‘rubbery’ brushes prickly and irritating when I get them too close to my eyes. That’s just my preference, though. As far as improving my lash ‘health’, I haven’t been using this long enough to notice a difference, though I’m skeptical that a mascara can affect the condition of my lashes, anyways. This is a decent mascara if you like something that gives the look of naturally enhanced lashes and you like this type of brush, but its nothing special for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This would make a really nice basic mascara for everyday use, but I cannot get it off at night :( not matter how many cotton balls with makeup remover I use, I still end up with raccoon eyes. Other than that, however, it is a decent mascara. Looks pretty natural, and feels nice on. I probably won't buy again though, just because I already have a mascara that I love.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It looks pretty on, and I don't find it clumps at all. But omg, don't let it get wet in the slightest. If your eyes water ever, it's all over. It just dissolves and smears like mad.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lkuo00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought and tried the waterproof carbon black mascara.
Pros: blackest black color, slightly glossy, lengthens well, like the brush
Cons: a bit clumpy, smudges after just an hour (but I do have oily skin and eyelids)
I feel like you really have to work with this to prevent smudging and slight clumping. It would be best to blot the mascara brush with a tissue (especially with a new tube) and then apply two thin coats of the mascara. It does remove well with my Clinique--Take the Day Off--eye makeup remover. It isn't oil-free so that helps and I only use it with Q-tips for eye makeup so I don't break-out. I still prefer CoverGirl LashBlast waterproof formula better, but I hate the brush! I need to swap brushes with this Neutrogena one. It coats my Asian thin straight lashes well.