August 20, 2014 | 2099 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Sweet Lime & Cedar

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by leejeanne01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite Jo Malone scents. I love the combination of citrus and wood. Just gorgeous. And it layers marvelously. I would not want to be without it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I can really smell the cedar note in this fragrance, which gives it an almost masculine edge. The lime is sharp not sweet, and there is a peppery note to this initially too. Ylang ylang cones through on me after about 15 minutes and makes this fragrance more difficult to bear (I can't stand ylang ylang). This is not something I would wear or enjoy smelling on someone else. Will not purchase a full size and will not use the rest if my sample vial.

From Fragrantica: 'aromas of lime, thin aromas of jasmine, ylang ylang, gourmand coconut and Tonka beans as sweet and velvety as vanilla. Warm scent of wood and Pandanus leaves, bitter-sweet tamarind and aromatic warmth of cardamom'

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Weirdly appealing....zesty citrus cedar closet? Creamy and comforting? Check! Interesting frag....pretty unique and hard to find. I drove several miles to get it at my local CCO, where I was told it was discontinued. I got my hot little mitts on two bottles, and I suggest if you can find it try it. If you like lime & cedar because you will feel like you are sipping frosty lime-ade whilst standing in a freshly constructed massive cedar closet. I get a little fresh pencil shavings and a blast of lime zest oil at first spritz, when it settles is when the lovely cedar emerges. I would say this is an all seasons spritzer...a little bizarre and beautiful if that is what you are seeking.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by dianateresa

I spent the weekend in NYC and happened across this fragrance at the Woodbury Outlet Cosmetics store (by the Dior store) for those seeking it, since I just found out it's discontinued.
The fragrance is wonderful and leans on the masculine side when I put it on. Through the day, the fragrance changes to a softer, more feminine fragrance. I love it so far, it's unique and smells so fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Merrie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, I'd buy this again but sadly it's discontinued.

In my collection of Jo Malone scents this is one of my favorites. I love it alone and in combination with a few of JM's other scents (today is orange blossom).

Most of her fragrances that contain a wood (dark amber and gingerlily for example) tend to smell like pencil shavings on me. Not this lovely fragrance. It's beautiful. It sprays on totally different then what is left throughout the day. In fact this is one of the rare perfumes I own that gets prettier as the day goes on.

I'm sad that it is no longer produced. I think it's one of her more unique fragrances.

I originally associated the name with a more masculine scent but upon sniffing I would say with certainty this is a very pretty feminine scent. I don't have the most sophisticated nose so I'm unable to tell you EXACTLY what I'm smelling but to me this is a very creamy fragrance. I don't smell any acidity from the citrus and no shavings from the wood. It's just well balanced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Brid1

Managed to find this on a recent trip to Dubai, they hold the most stock of this scent for some reason. I much prefer it to Lime Basil and Mandarin, very fresh without being too citrus. It combines well with the latter apparantly! Would agree with the other reviewers in general and is very refreshing in hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is so beautiful, so well done, and I am so shocked that it is no longer being sold in the UK. Jo Malone fragrances are ones that I generally have a difficult time attaching to when sampling in the shop; they tend to smell too linear and simple to me when I'm in there, too "yup, so that's [name of whatever it on the bottle]". I really think that to get a handle on most of these, you have to wear them for awhile. So it is with Sweet Lime & Cedar. I had a bottle of this but wasn't really wearing it as it just smelled kind of like limes and cedar and didn't seem very strong and didn't hold my interest. I started wearing it purely out of boredom and discovered that this just gets more and more beautiful throughout the day. The initial sharpness of lime and cedar softens up and gets warmer, mellower, creamier and almost seems rounded off with very subtle vanilla and spices, but soft spices like nutmeg. This stays very close to the skin but I can smell it all day; a few spritzes at 7:30 in the morning were still apparent 12 hours later.

Sweet Lime & Cedar is also what I would call a truly unisex scent. On me, this wears to a soft cedar with a hint of vanillic lime; when I have smelled this on a man, it wore sharper (sharper, but still not sharp), with more pronounced citrus and a slightly more woodsy cedar. It's just incredible, wears so beautifully, and I cannot stop sniffing whoever wears this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

***this product is no longer available for purchase through Jo Malone. it has been discontinued in the UK :( ***

shame really, as this fragrance is not only unusual but quite pretty. while i like the concept behind Jo Malone's fragrances, i didn't personally connect with any of the fragrances in store. that is, of course, until i was directed towards Sweet Lime & Cedar. this one stands apart from the rest in my opinion, a beautiful complexity without insisting upon itself. at first glance some may consider this fragrance "masculine" due to the dominating citrus and woods notes - on the right person it is anything but masculine. it is GORGEOUS!

it opens with the very noticeable lime note - this lime is not sour by any means. the sparkling sweet lime note is tempered with what i believe to be something pepperish and another citrus note, perhaps grapefruit? the opening of this fragrance is almost effervescent with it's spice and bubbly citrus head.

as it dries down one starts to smell other spices and tropical florals, most noteably nutmeg, jasmine (not cloying), gardenias (also not cloying), and unless my nose is deceiving me i also detect sage in there. this is a beautiful combination for those whose body chemistry can pull these fragrances off.

about 45 minutes after the fragrance has been on it seems to almost erupt with the base note of cedar, but one also finds a comforting touch of tonka bean (i think?) and tamarind! this is not your boyfriend's sharp cedar, and it ain't your granny's cedar chest either. this is blended in a manner that manages to pick up the purest scent of cedar without it smelling uronic or dusty. perhaps those notes of tonka bean are tempering the cedar? all i know is i want to bathe in this stuff for the rest of my life.

two small spritzes of this fragrance stays with me *all day* and in to the evening. i also find it layers beautifully with other Jo Malone fragrances, and works well with both citrus or herbal shower gels if you are in to layering (specifically, LUSH's "tramp" or "the olive branch" shower gels)

i am very sad this is no longer available for purchase in the UK, as i would happily purchase everything Jo Malone made for this particular fragrance line. if you happen to run across Jo Malone Sweet lime & Cedar and feel daring enough to try it, it comes highly recommended.

would also like to add - the bottles Jo Malone puts their fragrances in are very pretty, minimal, and i've not had one single problem with the way they dispense. it's as if Jo Malone has taken every aspect of their products in to consideration. lovely packaging, fantastic customer service (bought mine at Heathrow airport, the brunette lady was a doll!) and the stores are simply beautiful. Jo Malone is definitely a company to be on the lookout for. i see even bigger things for this fragrance house in the coming years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was lucky enough to get a sample of this before dropping the cash on a full sized bottle. Initially, I'm drawn to anything cedar (I love the natural cedar smell/vibe my boyfriend always gives off), so when I found Sweet Lime & Cedar, I was instantly attracted.
Upon first whiff, it is what it says it is: sweet lime. It smells somewhat tropical and earthy, but it dries down to a beautiful woodsy cedar, which is exactly what I was looking for in a scent. I cannot stop smelling my wrists. This smell is so comforting and will be perfect for summer. I do think that this fragrance isn't for everyone, but if you enjoy cedar and don't mind the initial lime smell, I think you would like this. I will definitely be buying a bottle now!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Lindseynigh34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I probably have over 30 fragrances AND I work in a cosmetics store. I'm surrounded by random scents all day to the point where I no longer get any joy from fragrance...or so I thought. Jo Malone fragrances have now become my addiction and this is my favorite. Inviting, woody, fresh, sexy...all of it. One spritz brightens my day. I can't help but fall in love.