December 19, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Happy Sensation w/Bamboo Extract & Orange Blossom Scent

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by pab22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this one is a little pricey for a lotion, it's actually a really good one. My sister and eye have skin that tends to dry, crack, and bleed; specifically on our hands during the colder seasons.

Tired of having this issue while alternating on ineffective lotion products we decided to check google for what worked with people, and this one was given a lot of good reviews.

Despite it's price this is a really good lotion that I'd recommend. As the label states, the effects of the product lasts for a long time, which means having to use it a little less than most lotions that I've used. It's also one of the most pleasantly scented lotions, having that nice Citrus note that I find calming and yet not quite as overbearing as some fruity smells.

Unfortunately because this isn't a "family sized" bottle, we're running out really fast, which means we'll have to resupply.

And as I've said before, it is not cheap. We might alternate to a lotion as equally effective in a larger bottle that will last us both, but for now we are finding this Nivea product quite benefiting.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about 2 weeks now. I absolutely love it. First of all, I will say that I don't have absolutely terrible dry skin...just your normal run-of-the-mill issues. At first, I did not like how runny this lotion was. I was used to Nivea's Skin Smoothing (I think that's the name...the stuff in the blue bottle) formula and it is a thicker lotion that takes some time to sink in (but provides great results). But then I realized runny wasn't such a bad thing--one pump goes a long way, spreads evenly, and takes no time at all to sink in and dry. I was worried that it would make the bottle run out faster, but I swear the opposite has happened. I know I can use it more sparingly and I still have probably 4/5 of the bottle left after daily use for 2 weeks. Maybe too it'll be easier to actually get all of the product out towards the end of the bottle--that is a huge pet peeve of mine with lotions and thicker ones are the worst.
I know lots of lotions claim to have 24 hour hydration...but I think this one really does. My skin is SO soft the next morning. And I love the orange blossom scent--it is light and summery but not overpowering. It doesn't compete with my perfume.
Love, love, LOVE this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great summertime lotion for those with mildly dry skin. I personally really like the smell and find it lingers pleasantly on my skin for a good few hours in the background. Not moisturising enough for winter but I will repurchase during the summer months. Doesn't leave a floury or sticky feel on your skin, dries quickly and doesn't contain mineral oil, which I'm allergic to. Is very reasonably priced and easily obtainable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

First off, it doesn't smell like baby wipes. Maybe that was someone's chemistry with the product. It has a very light orange blossom scent and maybe some green notes--like bamboo. This absorbs into my skin and a little goes a long way because it's a thinner texture and so silky. I don't feel silicone at all. My skin feels soft and smooth, and for a light moisture it does a good job. I hate the feeling of thick creams or lotions when the weather is warmer, but this is light feeling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by renemy

Ugh. The smell! My bf said it smells like baby wipes and he's right. The scent is also very strong. The texture is also weird. I think it's silicone. When you rub your hands together they just feel too slippery but not in an oily way. It's kind of a powdery-slippery feeling. Gross.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I bought this as I absolutely loved the scent of the body-wash. This doesn't smell as good as the body-wash, but I guess comes close enough. It's a light lotion, so I wouldn't use it if I had dry skin. Honestly, with this lotion, its mostly about the scent, which is fresh and sweet/citrusy. I like it , not love it. But given its cheapness I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I really like this stuff. I think the scent is amazing and fresh and it leaves my skin silky, soft and not greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jativa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The scent is great and it absorbed really quickly.
I've tasted several products and this one is one of my favourites.
Some people don't like the scent though...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Mishon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely write reviews unless a product is so horrible, that I feel the need to warn others. My husband bought this for me because I had ran out of lotion, and was unable to go to the store myself. He has a cold and currently has a terrible sense of smell, because he said it did not smell like anything to him, but the smell is absolutely overpowering and disgusting. Not a hint of orange blossom (I have several orange trees and know what the blossoms smell like) It smells like a cheap air freshener that you would smell in a public restroom or in an airplane bathroom. After 15 minutes of wear I had to go shower because I was becoming physically ill and nauseated by the odor. I am not one to exaggerate either, I have honestly never smelled a lotion this bad before. I would rather suffer dry skin than even consider using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by paint1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lotion, the next day when I take my shower my skin is still smooth and soft