December 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Moisturizers - CSI Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

I have been using this product for a couple of years and I love it. Having suffered on & off since age 15 with acne, oftentimes cystic and difficult to heal, products that don't aggravate it are a must. I've been following skin care advice from Paula Begoun and cosdna.com (which lets you analyze cosmetic and skin care ingredients on a 0-5 scale for potential to irritate skin or acne) for the past few years and so far it's been clear.

This gel cream looked good on cosdna.com, with the squalene getting a "1" and the rest of the ingredients "0". My skin does get tight and dry sometimes, and this glides right over dry areas without pulling or tugging, plumps up and moisturizes nicely, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. This is one of the few products I can use all over my face without fear of break-outs. I just love the light yet silky texture, and that it's unscented. The only thing I don't like is the jar packaging, but I'm careful about washing my hands before using. You can buy this on vitacost.com for about $15 for a one ounce jar. I buy several at a time, especially if on sale.

Ingredients: Purified water, squalane, hyaluronic acid, polyacrylate 13, polyisobutene, polysorbate 20, xylitylglucoside, anhydroxylitol, xylitol, phenoxyenthanol and ethylhexylglycerin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by phoenixfaery

I've been using this product for a few days. Immediately I felt as though my skin firmed up. However, I also am experiencing dryness and flaking on certain spots on my face. But I was prepared for this. I did some research on hyaluronic acid and found that this naturally occurring polymer can help with cellular regeneration (among other things). The dryness that you see is a result old, dead skin sloughing off and using the cream regularly should help promote the growth of new cells. This made sense to me. So despite a little dryness and flaking, Iím choosing to stick with it because I WANT new healthy skin to come through! More research Iíve foundÖ As we age, our bodies are less capable of getting rid of dead skin cells, especially on our face. These tend to pull together as they dry and make our pores look bigger and help create/accentuate those unattractive fine lines. I added an exfoliating scrub to my daily routine too and it has minimized the flaking some. I may be a nerd, but Iím going to be a pretty one. ‘Ņ~

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by liz2557

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use Oil of Olay or Roc. I have combination skin. I noticed it on Vitacost and ordered it based upon reviews. I was really excited to use it. I have some fine lines, starting to lose firmness. I have been using for about a week and am disappointed. My skin feels and looks dry. If anything, my fine lines, especially around my eyes are more visable. May return the product for a refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by rooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great basic moisturizer. I've tried a lot of the CSI line of products and like/love most of them. They're relatively inexpensive, don't contain parabens, etc., and they work. This product is really nice and hydrating. I alternate it with much more expensive brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! I'm surprised by the other review of "1". I just received this from Vitacost and I am very pleased with it so far. I have used it twice, and it really seems to plump up my skin. The price is right, also. I will update after a while, but I have dry skin and live in dry, southern California, and I don't understand the other review. Next I'm going to try the Vit. C serum by CSI; it's gotten good reviews also.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by llwt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful. Simply awful. Left skin feeling dry and flakey.