September 2, 2014 | 1064 users online

Hair - Sexy Hair Concepts - Big Sexy Hair - Volumizing shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

Used it for a couple times now and I really don't notice a difference between using this and my regular shampoos (usually Pantene or Dove). It didn't make my hair more voluminous, and it didn't really dry out my hair out either. I'll finish using it but I probably won't get it again because there's nothing spectacular about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by kukara4a2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This shampoo dries my scalp and really doesn't add volume at all. I didn't like it and wouldn't buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Desireec727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was staying at a friends house for vacation and forgot my own shampoo when I found this in her shower. Now I'm African American with natural 3c curls that go down to right above my butt and my hair is VERY thick so when I saw "big"...I was like oh boy, my hair is already big enough but I tried it anyways. I think I'm in love. While for me, it didn't add any volume AT ALL. It made my hair smooth and sleek as well as very clean. After blow drying and flat ironing my hair was very straight and almost too shiny. I haven't purchased this yet but have seen it in stores and know that it's quite expensive but a little went a long way and I think whatever the price is, will definitely be worth it...Can't wait to continue using Big Sexy Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I grabbed a liter bottle of this and the matching conditioner at TJ Maxx for $15 each. I have "fine hair" since I'm a natural blonde, but I have A LOT of hair on my head and it's wavy in texture. At least that's what my hairdresser says.

That being said, I generally like the "large, voluminous" hair look. This is the only hair product line where I NOTICE volume after the fact. The only thing I've changed in my hair routine is switching shampoo/conditioner, and my hair is so big, it snapped ponytail holders. It's large and in charge. Blowdried or airdried.

The bottles are so large it will last me FOREVER. It's also sulfate and paraben free, so that's great for your hair. It leaves no residue and makes my hair feel silky soft as well. Even at full price, I'll buy this again. But I would snag this during the Ulta liter sale-one a year is probably fine for most girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Reitelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first salon quality shampoo, while I don't think it did much in the way of "volumizing" it dead leave me with healthy, soft, hair. The product was such that I only have to shampoo about once every 5-7 days without my hair getting greasy; consequently, the seemingly pricey bottle of shampoo ended up lasting me until about a week ago so around 9 months! Overall it's a good product that I may revisit in the future as an old "tried-and-true" standby but as for now, I'm still on the hunt for that perfect shampoo!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by erovero

This is a terrible shampoo. Someone gave it to me because they didn't like it, so I thought I'd give it a try. It left a disgusting residue in my hair, as if there was still product in it. I have very oily hair, so this did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by BrianaRynae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE the way this smells. Kind of lemony, and reminds me of the salon. It lathers well, and you don't need very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Bwampler612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this shampoo because big volume is exactly what my hair needed, but it dried it out too bad. I had to return it :\ If you have healthy oily hair, this is your prduct for body!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Pixiepeddle

I have oily, dandruff hair. When I was washing my hair with this product, it felt clean, then after my hair is dry, it gets oily and more dandruff...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Definitely did add volume, and loads of it. My straight/slightly wavy hair actually went a bit curly! Hard to believe but true. Sure, it is a bit drying, but that's to be expected from volume shampoos (at least from the ones I've used). If I wanted a moisturizing shampoo, then I'd buy a moisturizing shampoo, wouldn't I?
Also it didn't make my scalp itch like crazy, as it does with some other shampoos.
It was a bit pricey, $4.95 (Australian) for 50ml. But I would rather spend a bit more on a little bottle, so I don't end up wasting a bigger bottle if I don't end up liking it.