April 18, 2014 | 1671 users online

Palettes - Sleek - Storm Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sireenuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to love this pallete, but I can't. I love that it consists of great colors that look like I can use all of them. The package is probably the best among other drugstore eyeshadows. It's sleek, light, portable so I can just throw in my bag and go. I mostly do makeup while commute to work so this is very important for me. I had many eyeshadows from different brands from high-end, middle-end to drugstore. The package of most good-quality/ everyday eyeshadows are too big to carry for example, NAKED, Too Faced and Lorac Pro that I love. I have some Dior and Tomford palettes but do not want to risk them when travel.

Sleek package comes with a big mirror which itís selling point for me. The colors when swatched are true to the pan, however on the lids might be different depends on your color tone. I have problems with the forest green and navy blue which come out almost the same on my lids with UDPP of course. The forest green and navy blue are difficult to blend and the result is kind of patchy. The gun metal is too frosty but if for a night out, this might be ok.

The black is very disappointing for me because this is the color I really want in my travel size palette which most drugstore neutral eye palettes do not have this. Sleek Stormís black is deep black, matte and soft so blending is ok, the fallout, however is crazy. You need to wet your brush and dip very light in the pan. Otherwise it could get all over your face. I love to use black eyeshadow to line my eye over eyeliner to give a more intense look and help prevent smudging. However, this black isnít gonna help on that.

The colors on the first row are nice for everyday look. My favorites are the third color and last two colors. The first and the second colors are very pretty, unfortunately, they are too frosty. All shadows are very pigmented so you need very light hand when apply them. For me, to make the most value from this palette, I have to use some other colors from other brands to achieve the look. Storm doesnít have good transition color that work on my skin tone. I am about NC15-20 so the matte light brown on the top row is a bit too dark for me. The light shimmering shades are too frosty to highlight my brow bone. I wish they have a matte light color like Foxy from the NAKED. That would help a lot. The staying power, I would say itís average with UDPP. I work 9am-10pm and it starts to fade for about 5-6 hours depend on humidity. The black sure gives me a panda look at the end of the day. Iím still using it from time to time though, but I will need to bring my NAKED Basic to make it work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by LaviniaI

This is one of my favourite palettes. The colours are highly pigmented and their soft texture makes them easy to apply. The fallout is noticeable, but if you start with the eyes and turn to foundation afterwards, like I do, it's no problem.

What I also like about this palette is the variety of colours, so I can achieve both day and night time looks. Both the shimmery and the matte shades give a great colour payoff and they blend nicely together.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Sophiee1806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i picked this palette up a few months ago, and i love it!
I prefer the top row to the bottom row, as i prefer neutrals.
the pigment of the eyeshadows are amazing and they're so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xbexiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This palette is stunning! The colours a extremely pigmented and long wearing. You can create a variety of looks and I love how versatile it is. The packaging is fairly robust yet chic, and the price is on point. Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sidro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great variety of colors..day to night palete..stays on my eyes without primer just fine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I went for this palette after seeing raving reviews online. I find that the colors are absolutely beautiful and include some neutrals along with dark blues for evening dates. Packaging is super sleek and thin,so that you can easily fit it into your purse. I absolutely love the large mirror on the inside. Functionally, the design of the palette is one of the most portable. There is also a nice mix of matte and shimmer colors. And the shimmers are NOT too out there.

As for the shadows, they are SUPER PIGMENTED. Really, a little bit goes a long way. That is great for those that want to use this palette for a long time. IT WILL LAST. However, there is some fallout on application. If you are using an eyelid primer or base, this should not be an issue after application. This just means that I had to use a wipe after getting my eyes done. Noticeably, this does not happen after using the NAKED palettes by UD. So, I guess it is a downside.

Overall, I am happy with this purchase. I spent $13 on this palette and will not repurchase, as it will last me forever. However, I do recommend Sleek products. And I recommend this palette to those seeking to supplement the HG NAKED palette by UD. This is much better than most USA drugstore eye shadow palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this palette the first time I saw it. The colors are gorgeous and it has a nice mix of shimmers and mattes. It has 2 matte browns and a matte black. The rest are fairly neutral shimmers. I personally love using the browns and gold together. The other colors are quite deep and would look nice for a going out look. Be warned, these shadows do produce fallout. They are a thicker texture so there won't be any problems building color. The packaging is pretty nice. It is a thin, matte black case that holds 12 decent sized shadows and a doubled ended sponge applicator. The whole top of the case on the inside is a mirror making this palette nice for traveling. I picked up this palette pretty cheap a few years back but I believe they have raised the price since. Also if you are in the USA or Canada you would have to order sleek products online. This being one of my first palettes, I loved it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Skyzeri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first palette, and it's pretty decent. I mostly used the matte colors, and the nude one is great for eyebrows. The darker colors sadly had a lot of fallout which was disappointing. The colors are very versatile though, and is nice to have for experimenting and everyday looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is one of the first palettes i ever bought and i was so excited about it! The packaging is, well, so sleek and fits nicely in your bag. The colours are great but not exactly colours i'd put together in a palette, it looks like someones just thrown them in together randomly. The pigmentation is great but i hate the fall out. Also i found that id only have to knock the palette and the shadows would break, leaving me with two shadows now broken and completely out of the palette (waste!) over all a nice, cheap palette to get by with. Probably wouldn't repurchase cause i ask myself why i bought this one with awful colours when there's other sleek palettes with beautiful ones!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

got this as a gift and i'm glad i did not pay for this. these colors swatched beautifully on my hand but once applied on my eyelids the pigmentation was quite bad. the darker colors all turned greyish with a lot of fallout. the only shade that i use is the lighter matte brown in the first row which is a good crease color, but this palette is mostly just tucked away at the bottom of my drawer.