November 24, 2014 | 1359 users online

Palettes - Sleek - Storm Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm so glad I bought this! It was only 20 NZD so I figured even if I didn't like it, it wasn't much money wasted. The colours are lovely, pigmented, and stay on very nicely. I use it with NYX Milk and it's a great combination.
The eyeshadow applicator that comes with it is basically useless. I got rid of it straight away and use my own eyeshadow brushes.
As someone who doesn't wear much eyeshadow, it was a great 'introduction' palette for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Shann3n96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this palette last week for 10 euro, after reading rave reviews about it and I'm so glad I did!I really love the range of colours and the pigmentation is really strong.Most of the colours are easy to blend and there's a built in mirror :) The only downside to this product is that I find it hard to open!I would recommend this palette to anybody looking for a good,budget friendly, eye shadow palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely SPECTACULAR eye palette!
These colors are gorgeous, pigmented, easy to blend, and so so SO versatile! I'm in love!
It's so easy to create an amazing everyday look that transforms into night with just a quick dip into one of the darker, more sultry colors.
There's a gorgeous rose-gold shade right next to an equally stunning metallic aubergine and those paired together are my HG shadows at the moment.
There's a bit of fallout, but I think it's because these shadows are so soft and buttery.
They last all day (over primer) on my lids and stay looking gorgeous - no fading or dulling.
Packaging is great on this, as it is with all of Sleek's palettes.
And like all Sleek products, the price is out of this world for the quality of the product!
All in all, a huge win for me and I will definitely be exploring other eye products from Sleek!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

For the cost, you honestly cannot go wrong. Pigmented, long wearing, just beautiful. Am building a collection and would recommend to a friend

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sireenuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to love this pallete, but I can't. I love that it consists of great colors that look like I can use all of them. The package is probably the best among other drugstore eyeshadows. It's sleek, light, portable so I can just throw in my bag and go. I mostly do makeup while commute to work so this is very important for me. I had many eyeshadows from different brands from high-end, middle-end to drugstore. The package of most good-quality/ everyday eyeshadows are too big to carry for example, NAKED, Too Faced and Lorac Pro that I love. I have some Dior and Tomford palettes but do not want to risk them when travel.

Sleek package comes with a big mirror which itís selling point for me. The colors when swatched are true to the pan, however on the lids might be different depends on your color tone. I have problems with the forest green and navy blue which come out almost the same on my lids with UDPP of course. The forest green and navy blue are difficult to blend and the result is kind of patchy. The gun metal is too frosty but if for a night out, this might be ok.

The black is very disappointing for me because this is the color I really want in my travel size palette which most drugstore neutral eye palettes do not have this. Sleek Stormís black is deep black, matte and soft so blending is ok, the fallout, however is crazy. You need to wet your brush and dip very light in the pan. Otherwise it could get all over your face. I love to use black eyeshadow to line my eye over eyeliner to give a more intense look and help prevent smudging. However, this black isnít gonna help on that.

The colors on the first row are nice for everyday look. My favorites are the third color and last two colors. The first and the second colors are very pretty, unfortunately, they are too frosty. All shadows are very pigmented so you need very light hand when apply them. For me, to make the most value from this palette, I have to use some other colors from other brands to achieve the look. Storm doesnít have good transition color that work on my skin tone. I am about NC15-20 so the matte light brown on the top row is a bit too dark for me. The light shimmering shades are too frosty to highlight my brow bone. I wish they have a matte light color like Foxy from the NAKED. That would help a lot. The staying power, I would say itís average with UDPP. I work 9am-10pm and it starts to fade for about 5-6 hours depend on humidity. The black sure gives me a panda look at the end of the day. Iím still using it from time to time though, but I will need to bring my NAKED Basic to make it work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by LaviniaI

This is one of my favourite palettes. The colours are highly pigmented and their soft texture makes them easy to apply. The fallout is noticeable, but if you start with the eyes and turn to foundation afterwards, like I do, it's no problem.

What I also like about this palette is the variety of colours, so I can achieve both day and night time looks. Both the shimmery and the matte shades give a great colour payoff and they blend nicely together.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Sophiee1806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i picked this palette up a few months ago, and i love it!
I prefer the top row to the bottom row, as i prefer neutrals.
the pigment of the eyeshadows are amazing and they're so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xbexiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This palette is stunning! The colours a extremely pigmented and long wearing. You can create a variety of looks and I love how versatile it is. The packaging is fairly robust yet chic, and the price is on point. Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sidro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great variety of colors..day to night palete..stays on my eyes without primer just fine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I went for this palette after seeing raving reviews online. I find that the colors are absolutely beautiful and include some neutrals along with dark blues for evening dates. Packaging is super sleek and thin,so that you can easily fit it into your purse. I absolutely love the large mirror on the inside. Functionally, the design of the palette is one of the most portable. There is also a nice mix of matte and shimmer colors. And the shimmers are NOT too out there.

As for the shadows, they are SUPER PIGMENTED. Really, a little bit goes a long way. That is great for those that want to use this palette for a long time. IT WILL LAST. However, there is some fallout on application. If you are using an eyelid primer or base, this should not be an issue after application. This just means that I had to use a wipe after getting my eyes done. Noticeably, this does not happen after using the NAKED palettes by UD. So, I guess it is a downside.

Overall, I am happy with this purchase. I spent $13 on this palette and will not repurchase, as it will last me forever. However, I do recommend Sleek products. And I recommend this palette to those seeking to supplement the HG NAKED palette by UD. This is much better than most USA drugstore eye shadow palettes.