Sleek Storm Palette

4.4

on 6/7/2015 2:51:00 PM

I have to confess: I went berserk in UK drugstores, buying one of every Sleek palette that they had in stock. Why would I do that, you ask? I'd heard through MUA and a few UK m/u sites that Sleek palettes are a great value. I figured, at worst, I'd have a few extra souvenirs from our vacation in England.

This turned out to be a fantastic buy. The colors are complementary but not too similar, and there's a mix of shimmer and matte shades, which is fantastic. There are a few cool colors mixed in with neutrals and warm colors. All of this cost less than £8. Fantastic!

I was a little skeptical--how would this hold up quality-wise? The colors are great, but if the texture is chalky or not blendable, or it doesn't last more than a couple of hours, that would make this little more than a vanity decoration.

The quality is surprisingly good. While I have some shadows that are much more richly pigmented (Inglot comes to mind), I also have some high-end ones that are much lower quality (*coughShucough*). These do go on nicely, blend well, and the color stays on and true for about 4-6 hours over a primer.

I really like this. I'm anxious to try my other Sleek palettes, but in the week since I bought it, I've reached for Storm 3 times already. This was a great UK drugstore find!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have five Sleek palettes and love them all dearly, but I have to say Storm is hands down my favorite. I own about 20 eyeshadow palettes in total, and Sleek Storm is the only palette I will be taking with me on vacation this summer. It has a great range of neutrals, and I think the few colors they have chosen are subdued and have a great variety. I really love this palette.

This palette is said to also be a great dupe for Naked 1. I don't own the Naked palette, but it's worth Googling to see some comparison swatches.

Highly recommend.

on 3/23/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great value

My issue is that the shadows are more glittery than shimmery- like a TON of specles. To me this makes my fine lines on the lid look bad. And it looks a but crepey

I prefer other kinds of mire finely milled shimmer

still a great palette to play with different colours and experiment.

on 1/14/2015 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The Storm palette mostly contains shadows that are above average in terms of pigmentation/texture, and the price is decent, but I just don't feel like they're anything special, especially if you're not in the UK and you're paying/waiting for overseas shipping. The metallic colors are all very soft and pigmented (I get a lot of use out of the lighter pink shade, especially), but they are prone to fall-out. I was NOT impressed at all impressed with any of the three matte shades; all three are hard and chalky, and the matte black was particularly disappointing.

An OK product overall, but it was a bit of a let-down after hearing about what an amazing value Sleek makeup is.

on 8/14/2014 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm so glad I bought this! It was only 20 NZD so I figured even if I didn't like it, it wasn't much money wasted. The colours are lovely, pigmented, and stay on very nicely. I use it with NYX Milk and it's a great combination.
The eyeshadow applicator that comes with it is basically useless. I got rid of it straight away and use my own eyeshadow brushes.
As someone who doesn't wear much eyeshadow, it was a great 'introduction' palette for me!

on 8/7/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this palette last week for 10 euro, after reading rave reviews about it and I'm so glad I did!I really love the range of colours and the pigmentation is really strong.Most of the colours are easy to blend and there's a built in mirror :) The only downside to this product is that I find it hard to open!I would recommend this palette to anybody looking for a good,budget friendly, eye shadow palette.

on 7/7/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely SPECTACULAR eye palette!
These colors are gorgeous, pigmented, easy to blend, and so so SO versatile! I'm in love!
It's so easy to create an amazing everyday look that transforms into night with just a quick dip into one of the darker, more sultry colors.
There's a gorgeous rose-gold shade right next to an equally stunning metallic aubergine and those paired together are my HG shadows at the moment.
There's a bit of fallout, but I think it's because these shadows are so soft and buttery.
They last all day (over primer) on my lids and stay looking gorgeous - no fading or dulling.
Packaging is great on this, as it is with all of Sleek's palettes.
And like all Sleek products, the price is out of this world for the quality of the product!
All in all, a huge win for me and I will definitely be exploring other eye products from Sleek!

on 5/9/2014 11:05:00 AM

For the cost, you honestly cannot go wrong. Pigmented, long wearing, just beautiful. Am building a collection and would recommend to a friend

on 3/28/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really want to love this pallete, but I can't. I love that it consists of great colors that look like I can use all of them. The package is probably the best among other drugstore eyeshadows. It's sleek, light, portable so I can just throw in my bag and go. I mostly do makeup while commute to work so this is very important for me. I had many eyeshadows from different brands from high-end, middle-end to drugstore. The package of most good-quality/ everyday eyeshadows are too big to carry for example, NAKED, Too Faced and Lorac Pro that I love. I have some Dior and Tomford palettes but do not want to risk them when travel.

Sleek package comes with a big mirror which itís selling point for me. The colors when swatched are true to the pan, however on the lids might be different depends on your color tone. I have problems with the forest green and navy blue which come out almost the same on my lids with UDPP of course. The forest green and navy blue are difficult to blend and the result is kind of patchy. The gun metal is too frosty but if for a night out, this might be ok.

The black is very disappointing for me because this is the color I really want in my travel size palette which most drugstore neutral eye palettes do not have this. Sleek Stormís black is deep black, matte and soft so blending is ok, the fallout, however is crazy. You need to wet your brush and dip very light in the pan. Otherwise it could get all over your face. I love to use black eyeshadow to line my eye over eyeliner to give a more intense look and help prevent smudging. However, this black isnít gonna help on that.

The colors on the first row are nice for everyday look. My favorites are the third color and last two colors. The first and the second colors are very pretty, unfortunately, they are too frosty. All shadows are very pigmented so you need very light hand when apply them. For me, to make the most value from this palette, I have to use some other colors from other brands to achieve the look. Storm doesnít have good transition color that work on my skin tone. I am about NC15-20 so the matte light brown on the top row is a bit too dark for me. The light shimmering shades are too frosty to highlight my brow bone. I wish they have a matte light color like Foxy from the NAKED. That would help a lot. The staying power, I would say itís average with UDPP. I work 9am-10pm and it starts to fade for about 5-6 hours depend on humidity. The black sure gives me a panda look at the end of the day. Iím still using it from time to time though, but I will need to bring my NAKED Basic to make it work.

on 2/4/2014 2:37:00 AM

This is one of my favourite palettes. The colours are highly pigmented and their soft texture makes them easy to apply. The fallout is noticeable, but if you start with the eyes and turn to foundation afterwards, like I do, it's no problem.

What I also like about this palette is the variety of colours, so I can achieve both day and night time looks. Both the shimmery and the matte shades give a great colour payoff and they blend nicely together.

Popular Palettes