September 17, 2014 | 852 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Kuala Lumpur Duo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm quite disappointed with this duo, because the colours look absolutely gorgeous in the pan, but I just don't get that same quality when I use the shadows. I usually have good luch with NARS products, but this was a miss.

The pink/peach colour is extremely sheer and no matter how much I pack on to my lid, I can't get an even and pigmented result. Sometimes it even looks patchy and that's not something I expect from a brand like NARS.

The purple colour is much better, but it's not special enough to splurge on a duo just to get that one colour.

I still give it a 3/5 because the purple IS beautiful and the lighter colour is manageable for quick looks when I want something simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by DollyBoots

These colors are so silky and soft(: I really like using them for quick on the go makeup when I don't feel like doing a bright lip. I don't usually wear Burgandy/ purple eyeshadow since I like yellows and greens and oranges so its a little different, but very much appreciated. I would repurchase this, I like how Nars has these Duo eyeshadows since you don't have to carry a big palette or little eyeshadow pots with you so it's a good investment(: I would repurchase this surely<3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loove the purple side of this duo. It's a pretty violet color with a golden sheen Very pigmented and there is no color exactly like it anywhere! I use it sooo much much. It is silky, soft, and super blendable. My ideal color when I want a gold purple smokey eyeshadow look.

The pinky gold side I hate and love. I love love love the color. It's the most beautiful peachy pink iridescent gold color ever. However, I find it to be a bit gritty and too sheer. I can't get a high color payoff no matter how much I pack on. I now just use it for light makeup days when i'm just using mascara and blend out a dab in the middle of my lid and also sometimes use it as a highlight when i'm on the go and want to pack minimal products. It's very subtle for that- middle of nose, cheekbones, inner eye corner, ect. It's actually not bad as a highlighter since its so subtle and goldy.

I rate it a 3 because of the QUALITY of the pink side. If I was just rating the purple, i'd rate it a five.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the look of this in the pan. KL has a rosy gold and purple color. I thought the golds would help warm up the colors, but they still show up quite cool. Anyway, I played with it for a while, but have decided to return it to Saks. Here is the question that I asked myself that convinced me: "Why do I apply concealer everywhere over my reddness, just to apply redness to my lids & look ill?"

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

Dissappointing pigmentation with this. I found the plumy side to have a nice color payoff and somewhat decent texture. Other NARS duos have a much better texture than this one. The pinky peach side was not very pigmented and was very sheer even over eye primer. It was flaky and fallout was atrocious. The color payoff was the real dissapointment though. I find the plummy color very pretty and usable, however if I find a dupe for the pink color I will definitely no longer use the one in this duo. Meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ericayvette

I bought this because the colors looked stunning, but when i put it one it make me look like i was kind of sick, the main disspointment was that the purple did not come off like the way in the pan. Returning it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Kuala Lumpur is my first NARS eyeshadow disappointment. It's absolutely stunning in the pan - a relatively unique pinky peach, and a darker plum. it was love at first sight and I couldn't wait to dig in. However, when I did, there was nothing. No colour payoff, nothing. Incredibly disappointing. I'm giving it a 2 because they may work for someone who likes soft, subdued colour, but they really don't deliver colour true to the pan.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by aibreanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very nice duo. I wear the purple all over the lid and slightly into the crease with the light shade as a highlight and inner corner colour. It's very subtle and pretty, it doesn't scream "I'm wearing purple eyeshadow!" It really makes my green eyes pop but I'm sure it would be gorgeous on any eye colour. The purple is very pigmented and easy to work with. The light peachy gold shade is next to nothing so don't expect to be able to use it as a lid colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of NARS better duos. It is a must have for green eyes...Using the purple on lids and crease, and the light color for brow highlights and general blending, left a really nice subtle look. There is shimmer, but not enough to be a bother. The texture of mine was a bit hard...I had to scrub to get maximum color payoff, but that's been my experience with NARS duos-they are either butter soft or rock hard. I will play with this one,...Since the light champagne color of the duo is almost nothing, I'm thinking that something like MAC's Tissueweight or Rice Paper would look awesome and punch the look up a notch. In any event, a nice duo, although one would wish that prices weren't so out of control. But while all us junkies continue to pay, they will continue to rise,

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hoping not to like this when I ordered it as $32 is ridiculous.
But I found this to be a great everyday wearable duo. It is subtle.
Daytime only. The frosty rose-gold is so soft that it is barely noticable but adds the tiniest bit of shimmer to the underbrow area. The purple, and it is a deep nondescript purple-plum dusky color, also with shimmer is very soft also and when you have it on it is not obvious you are wearing eyeshadow. It smokes the eyelid in a perfect daytime look. There is a bit of glitter fallout on my upper cheek and the chunks of glitter are a bit big but still, the overall effect is still very natural looking. These are lightly pigmented which is fine with me for daytime. If you want a soft subtle daytime look that is very flattering and a bit smokey looking this is perfect. There is no way to make this look intense enough for nightime wear. I loaded it on and it was still soft and natural and does not scream that I'm wearing eyeshadow.
But pretty and enhancing to any eye shade.
EDIT: I returned this to drugstore.com where I got it.
It was such a nothing, muddy, dull set of shades that didn't realy deliver enough pigment at all to make my eyes look prettier. It was very nondescript and almost colorless! I think with more pigment it would have worked but the plum shade just was a nothing bit of dark smudge, and the peach shade didn't show up at all. I so wanted to love it, but I hated it.
And to top it off, it's way overpriced and there is glitter fallout on my cheeks from it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No