January 29, 2015 | 1399 users online

Sunscreen - Trader Joe's - Face & Body Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 1:27:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read the review prior to this and have to agree this is my favorite sunblock. I bought backups in case they discontinued it. I use it on my face too. It's Great!! It's light not greasy. And one tube last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite sunblock. It goes on so easily and there is a coolness affect to it that feels so good when applying on the face. Almost like a cold cream, but a lighter, and fluffier consistency. Its a couple dollars cheaper than other sunblocks which is a plus. It doesn't leave you feeling greasy nor does it feel heavy. The other good thing is that you don't need to slather half the bottle on. A dollop actually can cover quite a bit. I don't find that it leaves a cast(or at least I've never noticed) and blends in very nicely. I have very sensitive skin so it was refreshing for my skin to take so well to this. I give it a few minutes to fully absorb before applying any makeup or clothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: VERY moisturizing. SPF 30. VERY inexpensive. Does NOT clog my very easily clogged pores.

CONS: If you don't like any sheen left on the skin, you won't like this. (I apply makeup on top anyway.)

ALTERNATES: They have a very nice spf 15.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ssips720

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best product ive ever used
my skin is super super sensitive.

no skin problems with this. in fact my skin gets better with this..

i love the cooling effect i get when i feel some of its moisture ivaporating from my face in the heat.

and.. i even mix some of this in my moisturizer int he winter to give me more moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this for $5.99 at my local trader joe's. overall, i do like this product-- it rubs in well and i don't feel greasy. however, i will not use this product on my face and my back. it feels SO heavy and i feel like i haven't washed my face and back for WEEKS. so gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Breakout alert! I would NOT recommend using this on your face, it's way too heavy. The physical sunblock ingredients are good though, so I still use it on my neck and body, where I can tolerate even the heaviest of lotions. But be careful about your clothes when you use this on your body -- it never fully absorbs, and you could end up with nasty grease streaks. I mainly just use it for workouts and the beach.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only sunscreen that does not burn and make my face red... I guess this is the only one I have tried that I am not allergic to. SPF is a must for everyday in your morning routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff rocks! I went on vacation over the fourth of July and was on the beach all day for 4 days in a row. I get really paranoid wondering if my sunscreen is going to protect me from the blistering summer sun. Well this stuff definitely worked. yay! No sunburn whatsoever.I even went in the water and then did reapply somewhat and it still worked.
Now, this isn't what I would use on a daily basis (especially on my face) becuase it is a little bit greasy. But for the beach or by the pool it is perfect. Another plus, it doesn't have oxybenzone in it. Oxybenzone burns my skin.
If you're at TJ's and giong on vacation pick this one up.

p.s. I also use TJ's spf 15 face lotion and it's great too

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Inexpensive, but very thick and greasy. Does not absorb well and feels awful on hot, humid days. I let it absorb, then I use a clean & clear oil absorbing sheet on my face to get rid of some of the residue and that helps. It's unscented, which is a plus, and did not cause break-outs on me. Probably best for those with dry skin. I will use this up on my body but would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This is my new HG sunscreen I was so amazed by how good it was, and Trader Joe's brand? who would have thought. Before this I was using the Neutrogena dry touch one that is really common, not because I liked it but because it had an okay SPF and claims to block UVA and UVB. The stuff is thick and hard to spread and felt heavy on the skin but this sunscreen from Trader Joe's is great. I've only used it on my body and it spreads so easily. It does feel sort of greasy when you just apply and is rubbing it in but that soaks in after like thirty seconds and it feels like weightless lotion that just absorbed into your skin and its even moisturizing. I haven't used it for my face yet b/c I use the Neutrogena sheer liquid one and it works great for sun protection and it makes a good primer.

UPDATE: I can't get over the greasiness so I've stopped using it.