July 30, 2014 | 2045 users online

Sunscreen - Trader Joe's - Face & Body Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ssips720

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best product ive ever used
my skin is super super sensitive.

no skin problems with this. in fact my skin gets better with this..

i love the cooling effect i get when i feel some of its moisture ivaporating from my face in the heat.

and.. i even mix some of this in my moisturizer int he winter to give me more moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this for $5.99 at my local trader joe's. overall, i do like this product-- it rubs in well and i don't feel greasy. however, i will not use this product on my face and my back. it feels SO heavy and i feel like i haven't washed my face and back for WEEKS. so gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Breakout alert! I would NOT recommend using this on your face, it's way too heavy. The physical sunblock ingredients are good though, so I still use it on my neck and body, where I can tolerate even the heaviest of lotions. But be careful about your clothes when you use this on your body -- it never fully absorbs, and you could end up with nasty grease streaks. I mainly just use it for workouts and the beach.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only sunscreen that does not burn and make my face red... I guess this is the only one I have tried that I am not allergic to. SPF is a must for everyday in your morning routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff rocks! I went on vacation over the fourth of July and was on the beach all day for 4 days in a row. I get really paranoid wondering if my sunscreen is going to protect me from the blistering summer sun. Well this stuff definitely worked. yay! No sunburn whatsoever.I even went in the water and then did reapply somewhat and it still worked.
Now, this isn't what I would use on a daily basis (especially on my face) becuase it is a little bit greasy. But for the beach or by the pool it is perfect. Another plus, it doesn't have oxybenzone in it. Oxybenzone burns my skin.
If you're at TJ's and giong on vacation pick this one up.

p.s. I also use TJ's spf 15 face lotion and it's great too

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Inexpensive, but very thick and greasy. Does not absorb well and feels awful on hot, humid days. I let it absorb, then I use a clean & clear oil absorbing sheet on my face to get rid of some of the residue and that helps. It's unscented, which is a plus, and did not cause break-outs on me. Probably best for those with dry skin. I will use this up on my body but would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This is my new HG sunscreen I was so amazed by how good it was, and Trader Joe's brand? who would have thought. Before this I was using the Neutrogena dry touch one that is really common, not because I liked it but because it had an okay SPF and claims to block UVA and UVB. The stuff is thick and hard to spread and felt heavy on the skin but this sunscreen from Trader Joe's is great. I've only used it on my body and it spreads so easily. It does feel sort of greasy when you just apply and is rubbing it in but that soaks in after like thirty seconds and it feels like weightless lotion that just absorbed into your skin and its even moisturizing. I haven't used it for my face yet b/c I use the Neutrogena sheer liquid one and it works great for sun protection and it makes a good primer.

UPDATE: I can't get over the greasiness so I've stopped using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at trader joes before going on holiday, and it was ok but not the best sunscreen ever. Was really greasy, but did the job and I never got sunburned. I might stick to my coppertone sunscreen, though. This one seemed to get really watery after having it for a week, and I wish the packaging was better--exploded in my suitcase a few times. Very cheap for sunscreen, however. I think it was around $6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always bought Trader Joe's sunscreens. They used to come in a smaller bottle (4oz, I think) for like $4. It was very thick and a little hard to apply but had the highest concentration of titanium dioxide I had seen anywhere. Well, they discontinued it, and now it comes in a bigger bottle, the price is still very reasonable. The good news is that it is now more like a lotion and spreads easily; the bad news is that the physical sunscreen ratio went down and they added avobenzone. Regardless, it is still superior to most sunscreens out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know that physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide or zince oxide) is better than chemical sunscreen (avobenzone), but though I have been searching, I was unable to find one that didn't clog my pores within a few uses. I was in Trader Joe's a few weeks ago and decided that if this one didn't work on my face, I could at least use it on my arms and hands come summer. Well, I'm in love. This product is very lightweight, provides a nice base for my mineral foundation, and doesn't clog my pores. Personally, I don't find it greasy at all. If you're lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's nearby, I can't recommend this product enough. NOTE: The reviewer after me said there was avobenzone in this sunscreen. There is none on the label of the tube I bought a few weeks ago.