Trader Joe's Face & Body Sunscreen SPF 30

3.9

on 3/17/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This must have been reformulated because it does contain Oxybenzone and Homosalate as active ingredients. Shame on you Trader Joe's, these chemicals can be potentially very bad for you. It is however, a cruelty free product that is oil-free, fragrance free, and has Uva/Uvb protection. It is not a total loser though. It sinks in quickly, is not gross slick/sweaty feeling or looking and it has no white cast.

on 1/26/2015 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read the review prior to this and have to agree this is my favorite sunblock. I bought backups in case they discontinued it. I use it on my face too. It's Great!! It's light not greasy. And one tube last a long time.

on 1/25/2015 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is by far my favorite sunblock. It goes on so easily and there is a coolness affect to it that feels so good when applying on the face. Almost like a cold cream, but a lighter, and fluffier consistency. Its a couple dollars cheaper than other sunblocks which is a plus. It doesn't leave you feeling greasy nor does it feel heavy. The other good thing is that you don't need to slather half the bottle on. A dollop actually can cover quite a bit. I don't find that it leaves a cast(or at least I've never noticed) and blends in very nicely. I have very sensitive skin so it was refreshing for my skin to take so well to this. I give it a few minutes to fully absorb before applying any makeup or clothing.

I took off a lippe because I don't care for some of the ingredients. Its a shame because this is the only sunscreen/sunblock (so far) that plays nice with my skin.

PROS: VERY moisturizing. SPF 30. VERY inexpensive. Does NOT clog my very easily clogged pores.

CONS: If you don't like any sheen left on the skin, you won't like this. (I apply makeup on top anyway.) PLEASE, TRADER JOE'S, MAKE THIS AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND, NOT JUST SUMMER.

ALTERNATES: They have a nice spf 15. Boots No. 7 spf 15 Day cream is really texturally elegant.

on 7/7/2012 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best product ive ever used
my skin is super super sensitive.

no skin problems with this. in fact my skin gets better with this..

i love the cooling effect i get when i feel some of its moisture ivaporating from my face in the heat.

and.. i even mix some of this in my moisturizer int he winter to give me more moisture.

on 7/5/2011 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i got this for $5.99 at my local trader joe's. overall, i do like this product-- it rubs in well and i don't feel greasy. however, i will not use this product on my face and my back. it feels SO heavy and i feel like i haven't washed my face and back for WEEKS. so gross.

on 4/6/2011 10:58:00 PM

Breakout alert! I would NOT recommend using this on your face, it's way too heavy. The physical sunblock ingredients are good though, so I still use it on my neck and body, where I can tolerate even the heaviest of lotions. But be careful about your clothes when you use this on your body -- it never fully absorbs, and you could end up with nasty grease streaks. I mainly just use it for workouts and the beach.

on 7/6/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Only sunscreen that does not burn and make my face red... I guess this is the only one I have tried that I am not allergic to. SPF is a must for everyday in your morning routine.

on 7/6/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff rocks! I went on vacation over the fourth of July and was on the beach all day for 4 days in a row. I get really paranoid wondering if my sunscreen is going to protect me from the blistering summer sun. Well this stuff definitely worked. yay! No sunburn whatsoever.I even went in the water and then did reapply somewhat and it still worked.
Now, this isn't what I would use on a daily basis (especially on my face) becuase it is a little bit greasy. But for the beach or by the pool it is perfect. Another plus, it doesn't have oxybenzone in it. Oxybenzone burns my skin.
If you're at TJ's and giong on vacation pick this one up.

p.s. I also use TJ's spf 15 face lotion and it's great too

on 5/26/2010 10:14:00 AM

Inexpensive, but very thick and greasy. Does not absorb well and feels awful on hot, humid days. I let it absorb, then I use a clean & clear oil absorbing sheet on my face to get rid of some of the residue and that helps. It's unscented, which is a plus, and did not cause break-outs on me. Probably best for those with dry skin. I will use this up on my body but would not buy again.