March 1, 2015 | 2141 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry shampoo - Brunette

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2015 11:14:00 PM More reviews by NicoFinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have brunette/dark brown hair so I have always be wary of dry shampoos since the white residue never seems to fully leave my roots no matter how much I try to fluff it or brush it out.

THIS, was a god send! I had heard a lot from YouTubers about this brand and figured if this many people were raving about it then I should probably try it out. I initially didn't know they had a brunette specific one until I got to Ulta. And I'm so glad I purchased this. I have zero issues with any leftover white residue and there is no powerful lingering smell. I just find sections of my scalp that are particularly oily and spray, let it all sit for a minute, and then fluff my hair. I even find it helps bring back a bit of volume. Plus, it's only $8.99 which is great since some dry shampoos can be pricey. And it saves me going through my regular shampoo so quickly since washing all of my hair takes quite a bit of product.

I have extremely thick, curly long hair and it happens to also get very greasy after just one night. And with the added products I use to style/tame it, it really only adds to the oil. Plus, styling my hair takes an extra 45 minutes of my morning. Well, now I have those 45 minutes back. 45 minutes that can be put toward extra sleep before I go to shower in the morning. And anything that earns you extra sleep is always a win.

The only thing I'll say is umm... well the first ingredient is butane. And the third is propane. So.... don't leave this anywhere that could get remotely hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by GracefullySlick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This dry shampoo is great if you have bangs. It gives them a bit of lift and stops them from sticking to the oil on your forehead. Also, the smell is very pleasant, it's very light and it gives my hair that second day look. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. I have tried countless dry shampoos and I never bothered with the Batiste just because it was so over-hyped and I'm a total skeptic. But I ended up grabbing it when I dyed my hair darker and it was the only one for darker hair that was easily accessible at the time. It is honestly the only dry shampoo that I've tried that doesn't build up to the point of making my hair look dirtier. It makes my hair feel light and fluffy. I took it while camping since I knew I wouldn't have easy shower access for four day and I can honestly say that my hair looked as good on the last day as it did on the first. So impressed and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by slavetoshopping

Dirty! I like the original spray and hoped this would be just as good. The brunette tint in the spray leaves a dirty residue all over the place. If sprayed near your face or ears, it leaves a smudgy mess. I'm one of those people that often has my hands in my hair, it makes my hands dirty. Too much mess. I'm going back to the original or Klorane.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have light brown hair, highlighted blonde, but this dry shampoo works for me quite well. It absorbs oil very well and leaves my hair clean-looking. I don't get much volume added with this, which is a slight disappointment as I sometimes apply dry shampoo to clean hair to give my limp hair a bit of a boost.

My hair also looks much more matte than it has with any other dry shampoo. The Not Your Mother's dry shampoo that I have been using for a while left my hair slightly matte but it was only really noticeable at my roots. This Batiste one makes my hair look matte all over and also makes my hair feel brittle and tangled when I run my fingers through it.

I will continue to use up but I don't think I will buy it again. I like to add volume as well as remove oil and this one works only on the oil. I may try the regular Bastiste dry shampoos though as the color added to this one is probably what is causing the matte effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this dry shampoo. I havent tried the original in this brand but the white powder in my brown hair didnt work for me with other brands so this tinted version is perfect! I can go about a week without washing my hair (when I'm not working out a lot) when i use this daily, which is great because washing your hair is not great for it, i use an expensive shampoo so it cuts down on costs, and it extends the life of my blow dry which means less time and damage. Its reasonably priced and the formula is good, the scent is not noticeable and the spray is a fine mist and doesnt look powdery or built up when brushed out thoroughly. I use a anti-dandruff shampoo (to clarify and remove product build up) followed by my regular shampoo and conditioner once a week and then argan oil which doesnt make my hair oily, just shiny. The only downer i have about this product is that i touch my hair a lot and notice my fingers go a bit dirty afterwards! But i really should stop touching my hair so much (as it makes hair oily) and i can easily wash my hands and the brown goes away

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best dry shampoo I've tried. I have medium/dark brown hair and I love the dry shampoo for brown hair. But I've also tried the regular - it has the white residue, but you can rub it around your scalp to get rid of it. This is the only dry shampoo that I've tried that actually makes your hair feel less oily on day 2 - day 3 hair. Love it!

For reference, I've tried (and returned) the tresseme one, the dove one and the suave one. I also bought one from Sally Beauty (Biotera) that I'm going to be returning and just stick to the Batiste for dark hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite dry shampoo for many reasons. For one, it's inexpensive by itself (if you're not having to go off and get it shipped to you and stuff), it smells great, and makes my hair look fantastic and clean! I know many dark haired people have trouble finding dry shampoo that doesn't stain their hair white and this is a good one. I just wish however that it has more product in the spray. It's so light feeling and it does get used up very fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. I loved the original formula, it really made my hair clean but left a lot of white in my light brown hair and I wasn't too keen on the smell. I stopped buying it though around the age of 16 purely because it was so expensive and ran out very quickly and it just worked out cheaper to shampoo. But this was on offer the other day along with the other varieties and I had wanted to try it for a while so I picked a bigger sized can up for £1.98, figuring it would last longer and get rid of the nasty white residue. When I tried it out, I did notice the smell wasn't that pleasant but actually it faded and was a lot more wearable than the original fragrance. The formula seemed more wet than before though, and this didn't fair well for my already moist greasy hair. It didn't feel as clean as the original, it still felt greasy. But it did look clean, so I'm trying to ignore the urge to wash my hair after applying this. Although the powder appears slightly white it does disappear very easily. I also realised that this formula tangles my hair somehow. It makes it very stiff and it's hard to get a brush through my hair, as if I've put a load of hairspray in, which again is different to the original formula. When you spray this, my god don't do it after you've applied mascara. It settles on your lashes and leaves them brown and dusty. It also settles on your face, I had a brown forehead after using this the other day, which meant I had to redo my foundation. I almost had to redress as well after it created noticable white marks on my trousers. And finally, this stuff irritates my eyes like mad. After applying, I always end up having to try and get the dust out of my eyes with my finger, but this is a bad idea even if you have removed what seems like all of the powder from your finger. I literally had my eye stuck to my finger the other day because it's so drying, it was a little bit icky especially as my eye pulled away as I removed my finger.
So all in all, it makes your hair look fresh and new, but it gets everywhere and feels unclean. You're left with nasty feeling hair and you get the formula in your eyes, face and all over your clothes. It also leaves residue in the shower and gets all up your nose and quite obviously into your lungs, which I do worry about. It smells nicer than the original but not as nice as some of the other variations.
I won't be buying this again, I think I'll just make the effort to wash my hair normally, especially as this is often what I end up doing after using this anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Meeechelle123

Did they change the formula? I used to use this product all the time and was obsessed. I then, for some reason, stopped using it for a while and when I went back, it reacts so differently to my hair. It soaks up oils just fine... and I don't have the problem with gray/white patches a lot of others are having... but........

........It makes my head SO FLIPPING ITCHY! It's not even worth using because my will be scratching my head like a dog with fleas! I use it because it's what I have at the moment but cringe at the thought because I know I will itch. I don't use it use to absorb oil, I mostly use it for texture and volume.. and it works.. but because of the feeling, I will not buy again.

itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.