July 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry shampoo - Brunette

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

This stuff is amazing. I have tried countless dry shampoos and I never bothered with the Batiste just because it was so over-hyped and I'm a total skeptic. But I ended up grabbing it when I dyed my hair darker and it was the only one for darker hair that was easily accessible at the time. It is honestly the only dry shampoo that I've tried that doesn't build up to the point of making my hair look dirtier. It makes my hair feel light and fluffy. I took it while camping since I knew I wouldn't have easy shower access for four day and I can honestly say that my hair looked as good on the last day as it did on the first. So impressed and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by slavetoshopping

Dirty! I like the original spray and hoped this would be just as good. The brunette tint in the spray leaves a dirty residue all over the place. If sprayed near your face or ears, it leaves a smudgy mess. I'm one of those people that often has my hands in my hair, it makes my hands dirty. Too much mess. I'm going back to the original or Klorane.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have light brown hair, highlighted blonde, but this dry shampoo works for me quite well. It absorbs oil very well and leaves my hair clean-looking. I don't get much volume added with this, which is a slight disappointment as I sometimes apply dry shampoo to clean hair to give my limp hair a bit of a boost.

My hair also looks much more matte than it has with any other dry shampoo. The Not Your Mother's dry shampoo that I have been using for a while left my hair slightly matte but it was only really noticeable at my roots. This Batiste one makes my hair look matte all over and also makes my hair feel brittle and tangled when I run my fingers through it.

I will continue to use up but I don't think I will buy it again. I like to add volume as well as remove oil and this one works only on the oil. I may try the regular Bastiste dry shampoos though as the color added to this one is probably what is causing the matte effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this dry shampoo. I havent tried the original in this brand but the white powder in my brown hair didnt work for me with other brands so this tinted version is perfect! I can go about a week without washing my hair (when I'm not working out a lot) when i use this daily, which is great because washing your hair is not great for it, i use an expensive shampoo so it cuts down on costs, and it extends the life of my blow dry which means less time and damage. Its reasonably priced and the formula is good, the scent is not noticeable and the spray is a fine mist and doesnt look powdery or built up when brushed out thoroughly. I use a anti-dandruff shampoo (to clarify and remove product build up) followed by my regular shampoo and conditioner once a week and then argan oil which doesnt make my hair oily, just shiny. The only downer i have about this product is that i touch my hair a lot and notice my fingers go a bit dirty afterwards! But i really should stop touching my hair so much (as it makes hair oily) and i can easily wash my hands and the brown goes away

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best dry shampoo I've tried. I have medium/dark brown hair and I love the dry shampoo for brown hair. But I've also tried the regular - it has the white residue, but you can rub it around your scalp to get rid of it. This is the only dry shampoo that I've tried that actually makes your hair feel less oily on day 2 - day 3 hair. Love it!

For reference, I've tried (and returned) the tresseme one, the dove one and the suave one. I also bought one from Sally Beauty (Biotera) that I'm going to be returning and just stick to the Batiste for dark hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite dry shampoo for many reasons. For one, it's inexpensive by itself (if you're not having to go off and get it shipped to you and stuff), it smells great, and makes my hair look fantastic and clean! I know many dark haired people have trouble finding dry shampoo that doesn't stain their hair white and this is a good one. I just wish however that it has more product in the spray. It's so light feeling and it does get used up very fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. I loved the original formula, it really made my hair clean but left a lot of white in my light brown hair and I wasn't too keen on the smell. I stopped buying it though around the age of 16 purely because it was so expensive and ran out very quickly and it just worked out cheaper to shampoo. But this was on offer the other day along with the other varieties and I had wanted to try it for a while so I picked a bigger sized can up for £1.98, figuring it would last longer and get rid of the nasty white residue. When I tried it out, I did notice the smell wasn't that pleasant but actually it faded and was a lot more wearable than the original fragrance. The formula seemed more wet than before though, and this didn't fair well for my already moist greasy hair. It didn't feel as clean as the original, it still felt greasy. But it did look clean, so I'm trying to ignore the urge to wash my hair after applying this. Although the powder appears slightly white it does disappear very easily. I also realised that this formula tangles my hair somehow. It makes it very stiff and it's hard to get a brush through my hair, as if I've put a load of hairspray in, which again is different to the original formula. When you spray this, my god don't do it after you've applied mascara. It settles on your lashes and leaves them brown and dusty. It also settles on your face, I had a brown forehead after using this the other day, which meant I had to redo my foundation. I almost had to redress as well after it created noticable white marks on my trousers. And finally, this stuff irritates my eyes like mad. After applying, I always end up having to try and get the dust out of my eyes with my finger, but this is a bad idea even if you have removed what seems like all of the powder from your finger. I literally had my eye stuck to my finger the other day because it's so drying, it was a little bit icky especially as my eye pulled away as I removed my finger.
So all in all, it makes your hair look fresh and new, but it gets everywhere and feels unclean. You're left with nasty feeling hair and you get the formula in your eyes, face and all over your clothes. It also leaves residue in the shower and gets all up your nose and quite obviously into your lungs, which I do worry about. It smells nicer than the original but not as nice as some of the other variations.
I won't be buying this again, I think I'll just make the effort to wash my hair normally, especially as this is often what I end up doing after using this anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Meeechelle123

Did they change the formula? I used to use this product all the time and was obsessed. I then, for some reason, stopped using it for a while and when I went back, it reacts so differently to my hair. It soaks up oils just fine... and I don't have the problem with gray/white patches a lot of others are having... but........

........It makes my head SO FLIPPING ITCHY! It's not even worth using because my will be scratching my head like a dog with fleas! I use it because it's what I have at the moment but cringe at the thought because I know I will itch. I don't use it use to absorb oil, I mostly use it for texture and volume.. and it works.. but because of the feeling, I will not buy again.

itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.itchy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Absolutely love this product.I'm not keen on dry shampoos as a rule, but sometimes if I'm late home and have an early start I really don't have time to wash my hair.This not only freshens up my hair it does a pretty good job at hiding greys , something I didn't expect.I just wanted away from the original white dry shampoo. Ok , it won't do much for grey when it's badly needing dyed, but when the roots appear at first it's great.It does look white when it sprays on but as you rub it in it is brown, youcan see it on hands.Sometimes I use it at roots even when
I've just washed my hair.I'm a very dark brunette. Will keep on using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

I really like Batiste dry shampoos in general. Picked this up because I saw it on sale and loved how I didn't have to be really careful to rub in a lot or have an "antiqued" look of the white powders. Since then, I have tried some other brunette dry shampoos and this one is so much better. Doesn't get color all over my hands after application when I'm brushing my hair or pulling it back. Will repurchase.