November 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Treatments (Face) - Christian Dior - Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lprice129

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a free sample and have tried at night only. After two nights it's making me break out so it's going in the trash. Staying with my Philosophy Clear Days Ahead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shockingly expensive serum with no "wow" ingredients other than copious amounts of alcohol- that's what you're paying for. I was impressed by how flawless my skin looks with this treatment. But after I learnt that alcohol was one of the main ingredients, I decided I'd never buy it because basically its a gimmicky product in which the alcohol gives the appearance of flawlessness. Sorry ladies! Short term effects may be lovely but I'm concerned about longterm usage on my sensitive skin. Thank goodness I'd only used a sample!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Yes, it's hydrating... But that's about it. No visible differences in dark circles or fine lines. Smells nice. Not good for value. They spent too much on the bottle for this one... My secret weapon is "teamine" eye cream for dark circles..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand the number of positive reviews at all. This is the worst serum I have ever used, and one of the most expensive. It made my skin extremely dry, and after a week it landed in the trash. Later I recognized that alcohol is the fourth ingredient. It's a miracle for me how so many people can feel benefits.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by winnie231084

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my n bottle of this serum. I have used Dior since 2007 as this is the only brand suits to my crazy skin type (combination and super sensitive). I cant use any other brand otherwise will get allergic and pimples a lot. I have used this serum for long times and I cant remember how many bottles I have bought. I always bought the biggest size which costs around $300 nzd. Its crazy ! However as I cant use any other brand so I have to go for it.

I truly don't think it gives my skin any significant improvement. My skin still got few pimples , ance prone and fine lines appeared recently that make me so headache and upset. The truth is my skin is fine not really bad, but i cant never have a flawless skin like I wish.

I use this serum in the morning and before go to bed every day. According to its crazy price, I dont think its worth to continue to buy it again. I think DIOR is not suit to my skin anymore.

I heard people said you cant use one brand of skin care every 6 months? Other said you have to mix different brand for your skin car products? as I only used DIOR for skin care products and make up for ages.

I now think I have to switch to other brands, especially the serum which is very important. Its such a nightmare for me to find the right products. [Sigh]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I used a sample as part of my evening routine for about a week and had noticeable results. It absorbs quickly but is strongly scented. My skin appeared smoother and luminous in the morning, so I would say that it does what it claims to do. Personally, I wasn't aware that alcohol was bad for my skin other than it has a tendency to dry it out. So between the strong fragrance and the alcohol, I wouldn't repurchase because there are other unscented serums that I prefer over this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I had a sample of this. I would never buy it.Yeah it feels good on application and is easily absorbed.But the ingredients say it all.There's more alcohol and fragrance in this than any skin beneficial ingredients.Alcohol will ruin the skin if used over a period of time.You don't even need to SEE or FEEL the damage being done but it IS happening under the skins surface. Collagen breakdown for example.This may temporarily make skin look better by giving a plumping effect ,but it's short term, it's not skin care. Long term this product will do more harm than good.Don't be fooled by this even if you're getting results,they won't last.I get annoyed with these SA's at cosmetic counters.Ok.some are well meaning but they are not skin care experts they are trained to sell the products.Well this is one product they won't be selling me!!

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did research before buying this product and saw mostly favorable raving reviews so I didn't mind dropping the $100 to buy it. The texture was nice, the fragrance wasn't my favorite but didn't bother me, and my skin tolerated it well.

I stumbled across Paula B's review on beautypedia and although I don't always take stock in everything that's on there (heck even her own products don't always have great reviews) she gave this one a scathing review because of the ingredient that also made me feel guilty purchasing it...alcohol.

Alcohol is the 4th ingredient I believe and although the price was high, I could justify it. But I could not allow myself to be OK with spending that much and putting alcohol all over my face when I'm so skin conscious. Doing more research, I found that alcohol causes an irritation which plumps the skin (and therefore the quick results for this) and also weakens the skin barrier and hence products DO penetrate better with this, but it's because your skin barrier slowly starts getting destroyed and cannot keep products out, nor free radicals,etc.

So getting off my soapbox now, did the product work in the week that I had it? Yes. If you want results that look like it's working, you will get it from this product. Will they stay after you're done with it? Likely not because the alcohol is plumping your skin which seems to be what people are confirming in the reviews about no lasting results. More importantly, you could be damaging your skin.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by arvetka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

THIS THING!!! let me start off saying that i've been using a benzoyl peroxide gel and AHA lotion for almost almost three years. this powerful combo healed up my cystic acne and has been keeping outbreaks and clogged pores at bay...BUT - my skin was looking tired, sometimes it would be too dry, dull...and on top of this i started noticing first signs of ageing (ugh).
this summer i decided it was time to pay more attention to nourishing products instead of just slathering anti acne stuff on my poor 28 year old face.
here we go...at the beginning of july i got a bottle of One Essential. the first three or four days i noticed my skin was purging a bit. there were tiny red spots and whiteheads on my cheeks, but nothing that my foundation couldn't take care of. my skin was also drier than usual and peeled a little. after about a week things started getting way better and after two weeks i knew this serum was the love of my life.
it contains salicylic and lactic acid, therefore works as a mild, but decent exfoliant.
vitamin C is essential for youthful, even and glowy skin.
i use it usually once a day. at night in conjunction with Clinique's Super Rescue Night Moisturizer or La Roche Posay Effaclar H. when using in the morning i follow up with Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief.
my face looks fresh, pores are diminished, post acne marks faded. guys, this stuff really does make my ugly skin look smooth and healthy! i can't believe it, but it's true:)
i highly recommend this serum to anyone with combo-oily skin, post acne marks, congested skin and first signs of f***ing aging.
it's fragranced, some might not like it, but i personally love that flowery smell:)
the rest of my routine: BP gel+AHA lotion every other night, Alpha Hydrox Retinol Rescue (great thing too) a few times a week.
p.s. this one is much better than Clinique Turnaround Radiance Renewer in my opinion.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by alexandra8282

This is a great serum!! It instantly tightens and smooths the skin. It reduces my redness and has gradually reduced the appearance of my pores. I have very little visible blackheads now and my skin is radiant.