Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

4.1

Ingredients: Water, butylene glycol, glycerin, alcohol, caprylic/capric/succinic, triglyceride, ascorbyl glucoside, polymethylsilsesquioxane, isohexadecane, lactic acid, malyiyol, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, aminomethyl propanediol, phenoxyethanol, peg-32, peg-8, acrylates/C-10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, decyloxazolidinone, peg-7 glyceryl coconate, tocopheryl acetate, parfum (fragrance), tetrasodium edta, faex (yeast) extract, lecithin, calcium pantetheine sulfonate, acacia Senegal gum, pyrus cydonia seed extract, salicylic acid, xanthan gum, malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, alcaligenes polysaccharides, dimethylmethoxy chromanol, hydrolyzed soy flour, adenosine, sorbitol, biosaccharide gum-1, pentylene glycol, hydrolyzed soy protein, sodium metabisulfite, algin, citric acid, aframomum angustifolium seed extract, butylphenyl methylpropional, thiohustidine, limonene, polyvinyl alcohol, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) extract, kluyveromyces extract, cellulose gum, ethylhexyl-glycerin, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, potassium sorbate, plankton extract, potentilla erecta root extract, CI 12700 (red 4), BHT, tocopherol

on 3/4/2015 1:46:00 AM

This stuff broke me out like crazy! I did love the texture and it definitely minimized the appearance of my pores, but I got a serious break out AND it felt like I was putting perfume all over my face.

on 2/24/2015 2:18:00 PM

$100 USD for 30ml. My SA kept pushing this product hard so I gave in and tried it. After using it up, I'm just not sure what the big deal is - the SA's must be getting some extra commission to push this. Normally, I love Dior skincare products, but I just don't understand what this serum is supposed to do. After about 6 weeks of using it, the only thing I noticed for my skin was how much extra moisturizer I needed on top of my skin. As another reviewer mentioned, there's a lot of alcohol in this, so it makes sense that the product actually dried me up (which I DO NOT NEED in the middle of a very cold, drying winter). Stay away, and if you absolutely must try it out, ask for samples (which I really should have done).

on 10/2/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Got this as a free sample and have tried at night only. After two nights it's making me break out so it's going in the trash. Staying with my Philosophy Clear Days Ahead.

on 6/23/2014 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Shockingly expensive serum with no "wow" ingredients other than copious amounts of alcohol- that's what you're paying for. I was impressed by how flawless my skin looks with this treatment. But after I learnt that alcohol was one of the main ingredients, I decided I'd never buy it because basically its a gimmicky product in which the alcohol gives the appearance of flawlessness. Sorry ladies! Short term effects may be lovely but I'm concerned about longterm usage on my sensitive skin. Thank goodness I'd only used a sample!

Yes, it's hydrating... But that's about it. No visible differences in dark circles or fine lines. Smells nice. Not good for value. They spent too much on the bottle for this one... My secret weapon is "teamine" eye cream for dark circles..

on 5/16/2014 4:05:00 PM

I don't understand the number of positive reviews at all. This is the worst serum I have ever used, and one of the most expensive. It made my skin extremely dry, and after a week it landed in the trash. Later I recognized that alcohol is the fourth ingredient. It's a miracle for me how so many people can feel benefits.

on 4/13/2014 11:12:00 AM

This is my n bottle of this serum. I have used Dior since 2007 as this is the only brand suits to my crazy skin type (combination and super sensitive). I cant use any other brand otherwise will get allergic and pimples a lot. I have used this serum for long times and I cant remember how many bottles I have bought. I always bought the biggest size which costs around $300 nzd. Its crazy ! However as I cant use any other brand so I have to go for it.

I truly don't think it gives my skin any significant improvement. My skin still got few pimples , ance prone and fine lines appeared recently that make me so headache and upset. The truth is my skin is fine not really bad, but i cant never have a flawless skin like I wish.

I use this serum in the morning and before go to bed every day. According to its crazy price, I dont think its worth to continue to buy it again. I think DIOR is not suit to my skin anymore.

I heard people said you cant use one brand of skin care every 6 months? Other said you have to mix different brand for your skin car products? as I only used DIOR for skin care products and make up for ages.

I now think I have to switch to other brands, especially the serum which is very important. Its such a nightmare for me to find the right products. [Sigh]

on 1/15/2014 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used a sample as part of my evening routine for about a week and had noticeable results. It absorbs quickly but is strongly scented. My skin appeared smoother and luminous in the morning, so I would say that it does what it claims to do. Personally, I wasn't aware that alcohol was bad for my skin other than it has a tendency to dry it out. So between the strong fragrance and the alcohol, I wouldn't repurchase because there are other unscented serums that I prefer over this one.

on 1/15/2014 8:42:00 AM

I had a sample of this. I would never buy it.Yeah it feels good on application and is easily absorbed.But the ingredients say it all.There's more alcohol and fragrance in this than any skin beneficial ingredients.Alcohol will ruin the skin if used over a period of time.You don't even need to SEE or FEEL the damage being done but it IS happening under the skins surface. Collagen breakdown for example.This may temporarily make skin look better by giving a plumping effect ,but it's short term, it's not skin care. Long term this product will do more harm than good.Don't be fooled by this even if you're getting results,they won't last.I get annoyed with these SA's at cosmetic counters.Ok.some are well meaning but they are not skin care experts they are trained to sell the products.Well this is one product they won't be selling me!!

on 10/13/2013 10:09:00 AM

I did research before buying this product and saw mostly favorable raving reviews so I didn't mind dropping the $100 to buy it. The texture was nice, the fragrance wasn't my favorite but didn't bother me, and my skin tolerated it well.

I stumbled across Paula B's review on beautypedia and although I don't always take stock in everything that's on there (heck even her own products don't always have great reviews) she gave this one a scathing review because of the ingredient that also made me feel guilty purchasing it...alcohol.

Alcohol is the 4th ingredient I believe and although the price was high, I could justify it. But I could not allow myself to be OK with spending that much and putting alcohol all over my face when I'm so skin conscious. Doing more research, I found that alcohol causes an irritation which plumps the skin (and therefore the quick results for this) and also weakens the skin barrier and hence products DO penetrate better with this, but it's because your skin barrier slowly starts getting destroyed and cannot keep products out, nor free radicals,etc.

So getting off my soapbox now, did the product work in the week that I had it? Yes. If you want results that look like it's working, you will get it from this product. Will they stay after you're done with it? Likely not because the alcohol is plumping your skin which seems to be what people are confirming in the reviews about no lasting results. More importantly, you could be damaging your skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)