December 21, 2014 | 1034 users online

Polishes - Pure Ice - Nail Polish

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by hyblaean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite cheap nail polish. Huge range of colors. I use 2 coats of Fiberglass Network by Salon Sciences. Followed with 2 coats of a color (this brand works well). Sometimes a sparkly topcoat, depending on the color. With 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps and then 2 coats Seche Vite. My nails are like gel. I'm a nurse, so this has been the only combination I have found that has saved my nails from splitting into the quick. Since that hurts like heck, I'm grateful for nail polish- pretty or no. And for the price, this line is great to experiment with and find pretty combinations. The few that have been ugly (Irreplaceable comes to mind) I'm ok with throwing them out at this price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this might be one of the only brands of nail polishes I might ever use! I love how the formula isn't really gel-like, which I find that those just become a sticky mess. Anyway, when I don't feel as comitted to one color, I don't use a base coat. I find that without a base coat, it only takes about two days until it chips, depending on how much your work your hands. But the price is really nice for this quality polish. Maybe it's just the stores I go to get this [two different Walmarts] but they dont have a lot of color varieties. As for drying, It can dry quick, with a coat of nail dryer.

I conclude, this is probably a great nail polish for people on a budget, and change their nails often so they don't mind quick chipping.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by skeletonpunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I really want to like Pure Ice but they just don't work for me. They have so many cute colors but the formulas are often awful to work with. They also chip super fast even with top/base coat. They're cheap so I occasionally buy one that catches my eye but there are better nail colors out there for the same price that work a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MissCallieWithKids

I love this product!! I really love the price point so it is easy to amass quite a collection rather quickly! The colour variety is excellent and very vivid. It took some time to figure out what base coat to use with it to make it last {I can't wear ANY brand with out a base!} it ended up being a cheap, drugstore base was the best; whoa thunk it?! Some of the colours need to have a coat of white under them and one {SPLASH} was soooooo opaque I ended up having to mix some white, teal, and dark blue in so I didn't need three dozen coats to cover! And AFTERHOURS turned out to be much more translucent than I expected but a base of white makes it perfect. I do a fair amount of nail art {my way of relaxing while catching up on some TV after the munchkins turn in!} so this brand is an excellent one to use because it has great wear time, comparable with my all time favourite brand {which I am not sure if I am allowed to name so I won't!} and is just a little cheaper than the afore unmentioned brand! Most of the colours I have used are on the thin side so they don't work for stamping. Unless I am watching a reeeeally long show/movie I often have to use a fast drying method but if I let each coat/layer/design dry throughly I don't have any issues. All in all it's an awesome product and for $2 why not give it a try?!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by LUVMYCAT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade After Hours for $1.97 at Walmart and just put it on last night. I think one coat would have been enough as far as coverage goes, but I put on a second coat just to give it more staying power. Then I used Nutra Nail Speed Dry Top Coat and finished with Revlon Liquid Quick Dry. It was super shiny after the second coat even before I applied the top coat. Now I'm just waiting to see how long it will last without chipping.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by StarrZing

I have this in 'Bikini', a pale blue. The first coat goes on nice and sheer. Second coat goes on so goopy and streaky - it can't be saved. I don't usually buy drug store brands but liked the color. Save your money, unless you can live with just one coat!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by ncranney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a bottle of this in Watermelon Ice. It's an old one that I bought before I seriously got into manicuring, but against my better judgement, I used it anyway because it's the only polish I have that matches my current hair colour to a tee. To its credit, it wasn't goopy or anything despite being a bit old. However, it's very, very sheer, and took literally seven coats to get a decent application, and by that point it was rather goopy. Thinness aside, it applied well, and the pink is rather nice despite still being a bit sheer. However, after literal hours and a coat of Seche Vite, it still wasn't dry and ended up being mussed. It crinkled weirdly under my top coat as well, and the whole thing just ended up looking cheap and tacky and I removed it just hours after applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by MissArianna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went to Walmart for the first time the other day. Oregon doesn't have very many. I checked out the beauty section and found this huge rack of Pure Ice polishes. I grabbed a couple I thought were pretty to try them out. I had to go back today to get like 10 more beacause I love them. The colours are beautiful, I was able to find some colours I don't already have, considering I have almost 300 polishes. I will definitely be going back to get more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

Pure ice for me is kind of a hit or miss. I find that the formula is kinda thick with some and seem kind of plasticy. The color options are pretty and some do go on nice. The brush is thin which is annoying but the cube shaped bottles are cute. theyre only 2 dollars so if one is crappy I'm not too annoyed. And also a lot of them chip off in like large chunks, sometimes the whole nail peels off

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by UCanCallMeQueenE

I bought this recently at Walmart while looking for a cheap "nude" or light pink. I ended up with pure ice's "shell pink." In the bottle it is a little darker than when painted on. It goes on very very streaky and takes about four coats to look nice-and luckily it dries and hardens very fast so it doesn't take forever and then you ruin all your hard work. It does bubble a little bit because of the layering but not too bad as long as you don't put it in too thick. Overall I like how fast it dries and how I can buy a similar color to Essie but much cheaper. I would buy again for sure!