Pure Ice Nail Polish

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

When possible I purchase a Pure ICE polish. These are mostly wonderful colors. I have not had much issues so far with them, and their SuperStar white polish is my go to for French tips and white backgrounds. I am not too big on the color Scream (a blue/turquoise color) because it has no depth once it dries, but it does make a good color for blends and designs. I also have tried the matte top coat, not expecting much because I really was unsure of the matte finish, and I fell in love. One simple thin layer and you have your matte look. It dries quickly too.

on 12/3/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My favorite cheap nail polish. Huge range of colors. I use 2 coats of Fiberglass Network by Salon Sciences. Followed with 2 coats of a color (this brand works well). Sometimes a sparkly topcoat, depending on the color. With 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps and then 2 coats Seche Vite. My nails are like gel. I'm a nurse, so this has been the only combination I have found that has saved my nails from splitting into the quick. Since that hurts like heck, I'm grateful for nail polish- pretty or no. And for the price, this line is great to experiment with and find pretty combinations. The few that have been ugly (Irreplaceable comes to mind) I'm ok with throwing them out at this price point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this might be one of the only brands of nail polishes I might ever use! I love how the formula isn't really gel-like, which I find that those just become a sticky mess. Anyway, when I don't feel as comitted to one color, I don't use a base coat. I find that without a base coat, it only takes about two days until it chips, depending on how much your work your hands. But the price is really nice for this quality polish. Maybe it's just the stores I go to get this [two different Walmarts] but they dont have a lot of color varieties. As for drying, It can dry quick, with a coat of nail dryer.

I conclude, this is probably a great nail polish for people on a budget, and change their nails often so they don't mind quick chipping.

on 11/28/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I really want to like Pure Ice but they just don't work for me. They have so many cute colors but the formulas are often awful to work with. They also chip super fast even with top/base coat. They're cheap so I occasionally buy one that catches my eye but there are better nail colors out there for the same price that work a lot better.

I love this product!! I really love the price point so it is easy to amass quite a collection rather quickly! The colour variety is excellent and very vivid. It took some time to figure out what base coat to use with it to make it last {I can't wear ANY brand with out a base!} it ended up being a cheap, drugstore base was the best; whoa thunk it?! Some of the colours need to have a coat of white under them and one {SPLASH} was soooooo opaque I ended up having to mix some white, teal, and dark blue in so I didn't need three dozen coats to cover! And AFTERHOURS turned out to be much more translucent than I expected but a base of white makes it perfect. I do a fair amount of nail art {my way of relaxing while catching up on some TV after the munchkins turn in!} so this brand is an excellent one to use because it has great wear time, comparable with my all time favourite brand {which I am not sure if I am allowed to name so I won't!} and is just a little cheaper than the afore unmentioned brand! Most of the colours I have used are on the thin side so they don't work for stamping. Unless I am watching a reeeeally long show/movie I often have to use a fast drying method but if I let each coat/layer/design dry throughly I don't have any issues. All in all it's an awesome product and for $2 why not give it a try?!

on 10/29/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the shade After Hours for $1.97 at Walmart and just put it on last night. I think one coat would have been enough as far as coverage goes, but I put on a second coat just to give it more staying power. Then I used Nutra Nail Speed Dry Top Coat and finished with Revlon Liquid Quick Dry. It was super shiny after the second coat even before I applied the top coat. Now I'm just waiting to see how long it will last without chipping.

on 9/29/2014 11:56:00 AM

I have this in 'Bikini', a pale blue. The first coat goes on nice and sheer. Second coat goes on so goopy and streaky - it can't be saved. I don't usually buy drug store brands but liked the color. Save your money, unless you can live with just one coat!

on 9/3/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have a bottle of this in Watermelon Ice. It's an old one that I bought before I seriously got into manicuring, but against my better judgement, I used it anyway because it's the only polish I have that matches my current hair colour to a tee. To its credit, it wasn't goopy or anything despite being a bit old. However, it's very, very sheer, and took literally seven coats to get a decent application, and by that point it was rather goopy. Thinness aside, it applied well, and the pink is rather nice despite still being a bit sheer. However, after literal hours and a coat of Seche Vite, it still wasn't dry and ended up being mussed. It crinkled weirdly under my top coat as well, and the whole thing just ended up looking cheap and tacky and I removed it just hours after applying.

on 4/15/2014 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I went to Walmart for the first time the other day. Oregon doesn't have very many. I checked out the beauty section and found this huge rack of Pure Ice polishes. I grabbed a couple I thought were pretty to try them out. I had to go back today to get like 10 more beacause I love them. The colours are beautiful, I was able to find some colours I don't already have, considering I have almost 300 polishes. I will definitely be going back to get more.

on 3/6/2014 8:49:00 PM

Pure ice for me is kind of a hit or miss. I find that the formula is kinda thick with some and seem kind of plasticy. The color options are pretty and some do go on nice. The brush is thin which is annoying but the cube shaped bottles are cute. theyre only 2 dollars so if one is crappy I'm not too annoyed. And also a lot of them chip off in like large chunks, sometimes the whole nail peels off

Popular Polishes