Pure Ice Nail Polish

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

From reading the reviews, it looks like this nail polish is a hit or miss. For me, it was a big hit. First time i used this brand and for 1.97, I was already convinced it was going to be much. I was so wrong. Using mostly high end polish and not having too much success w staying power, this little nottle was a gem for the price. I am on day three with no chips. That's a long stay for me, using high end polish, much less a 1.97 bottle. I have been cleaning, without gloves, and I cannot believe the staying power. I love reds and I picked up the Wear Red color and was hoping it would end up looking red, as the color even under store lights looked coral. When applied it turned out looking a some what dark coral. Beautiful color and makes my hands look very pretty w my skin tone being medium color. I applied Sally Hansen Complete Care as my base coat, then the color, then I applied Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, then finished w Sally Hansen Big Kwix Dry Top Coat. Could all this be the magic cocktail for the staying power I am getting in the color? Who knows....I just know that after cleaning and day 3, my polish looks amazing. When I applied the color, I was so surprised that it went on very smooth and the color was rich looking. I could have gotten away w using that one coat, but applied two. I'm telling u, my YSL doesnt stay on this long before chipping sets in. I will definitely be going back for more colors. I was amazed in a good way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought the clear/green glow in the dark polish for Halloween, and even though it looks a ghastly-corpse green yellow clear on the nails when worn by itself, this makes a WONDERFUL top coat.
Seriously, if I apply this over any other nail polish it makes it last a long time on the nails! I really like it so I recommend this one as a perfect top coat.

When possible I purchase a Pure ICE polish. These are mostly wonderful colors. I have not had much issues so far with them, and their SuperStar white polish is my go to for French tips and white backgrounds. I am not too big on the color Scream (a blue/turquoise color) because it has no depth once it dries, but it does make a good color for blends and designs. I also have tried the matte top coat, not expecting much because I really was unsure of the matte finish, and I fell in love. One simple thin layer and you have your matte look. It dries quickly too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My favorite cheap nail polish. Huge range of colors. I use 2 coats of Fiberglass Network by Salon Sciences. Followed with 2 coats of a color (this brand works well). Sometimes a sparkly topcoat, depending on the color. With 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps and then 2 coats Seche Vite. My nails are like gel. I'm a nurse, so this has been the only combination I have found that has saved my nails from splitting into the quick. Since that hurts like heck, I'm grateful for nail polish- pretty or no. And for the price, this line is great to experiment with and find pretty combinations. The few that have been ugly (Irreplaceable comes to mind) I'm ok with throwing them out at this price point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this might be one of the only brands of nail polishes I might ever use! I love how the formula isn't really gel-like, which I find that those just become a sticky mess. Anyway, when I don't feel as comitted to one color, I don't use a base coat. I find that without a base coat, it only takes about two days until it chips, depending on how much your work your hands. But the price is really nice for this quality polish. Maybe it's just the stores I go to get this [two different Walmarts] but they dont have a lot of color varieties. As for drying, It can dry quick, with a coat of nail dryer.

I conclude, this is probably a great nail polish for people on a budget, and change their nails often so they don't mind quick chipping.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I really want to like Pure Ice but they just don't work for me. They have so many cute colors but the formulas are often awful to work with. They also chip super fast even with top/base coat. They're cheap so I occasionally buy one that catches my eye but there are better nail colors out there for the same price that work a lot better.

I love this product!! I really love the price point so it is easy to amass quite a collection rather quickly! The colour variety is excellent and very vivid. It took some time to figure out what base coat to use with it to make it last {I can't wear ANY brand with out a base!} it ended up being a cheap, drugstore base was the best; whoa thunk it?! Some of the colours need to have a coat of white under them and one {SPLASH} was soooooo opaque I ended up having to mix some white, teal, and dark blue in so I didn't need three dozen coats to cover! And AFTERHOURS turned out to be much more translucent than I expected but a base of white makes it perfect. I do a fair amount of nail art {my way of relaxing while catching up on some TV after the munchkins turn in!} so this brand is an excellent one to use because it has great wear time, comparable with my all time favourite brand {which I am not sure if I am allowed to name so I won't!} and is just a little cheaper than the afore unmentioned brand! Most of the colours I have used are on the thin side so they don't work for stamping. Unless I am watching a reeeeally long show/movie I often have to use a fast drying method but if I let each coat/layer/design dry throughly I don't have any issues. All in all it's an awesome product and for $2 why not give it a try?!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the shade After Hours for $1.97 at Walmart and just put it on last night. I think one coat would have been enough as far as coverage goes, but I put on a second coat just to give it more staying power. Then I used Nutra Nail Speed Dry Top Coat and finished with Revlon Liquid Quick Dry. It was super shiny after the second coat even before I applied the top coat. Now I'm just waiting to see how long it will last without chipping.

I have this in 'Bikini', a pale blue. The first coat goes on nice and sheer. Second coat goes on so goopy and streaky - it can't be saved. I don't usually buy drug store brands but liked the color. Save your money, unless you can live with just one coat!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have a bottle of this in Watermelon Ice. It's an old one that I bought before I seriously got into manicuring, but against my better judgement, I used it anyway because it's the only polish I have that matches my current hair colour to a tee. To its credit, it wasn't goopy or anything despite being a bit old. However, it's very, very sheer, and took literally seven coats to get a decent application, and by that point it was rather goopy. Thinness aside, it applied well, and the pink is rather nice despite still being a bit sheer. However, after literal hours and a coat of Seche Vite, it still wasn't dry and ended up being mussed. It crinkled weirdly under my top coat as well, and the whole thing just ended up looking cheap and tacky and I removed it just hours after applying.