September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Vanille9

This product is amazing. Especially for people with tired and dull skin. It gives you a subtle glow and youth. Skin looks fresh and bright after using it on cheekbones or forehead. You can mix a drop with a foundation or primer. I love the "gel# consistence which is immediately dry on the skin. It is not cakey or greasy. The big positive is that it is fragrance-free and doesnt break out my sensitive skin. It doesnt cause acne or dry patches on my skin. I really love the finish and colour of this highlighter. Eventhough the price was a bit high I will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by LonnieGray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's hard to describe what this does exactly. I don't use it as a blush or anything like that, I do my whole face, then when done, apply a few drops to the tops of my cheekbones, near the outside of my face and tap it in. It doesn't add color per se, it adds a certain glow, I do notice a difference, a MAJOR difference. It gives me a certain youthful glow and I LOVE it, I will never ever be without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Think I'd opt for the blush on next try. Lovely color, but this stuff makes me look greasy after an hour. Little goes a long way. Great for a dewy look, but easy to over-do and look like an oily mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by pegella

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for glow, not sparkle. Love the color and consistency of this product, but I would never buy it again because of the glitter component.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light gel-creme that enhances your complexion with a sheer veil of color and a pretty, dewy sheen. The color is a bronzey rose gold sort of color (the bronze tone is most noticeable if you see swatches of it next to Super Orgasm, which is pinker) that flatters olive and warm complexions and gives a sunkissed look to lighter skin. It is not the same color as the original pressed powder blush (a light coral pink with gold shimmer), though it would complement it when worn together. I would not mix this product with your foundation, but stipple/blend it on top of your base or wear it alone on bare skin.

The lasting power is about average for a product of this type (you will need to reapply after a few hours), but the bottle is fairly large considering the fact that you only need a dab for your entire face. This is just the thing to wear all summer when you don't want to pile a bunch of makeup on your face since it can replace blush, bronzer, and highlighter.

It's fairly pricey, so I'd suggest getting a sample and, if you like it, waiting until Sephora or Beauty.com (or whatever) has a Friends & Family sale and buying it then.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I'm using this illuminator the right way. I have both tried to mix it with my foundation and dot it on my cheekbones after foundation.
With foundation it wasn't really noticeable. It didn't really give a different glow.
It was almost the same when I dotted it on my cheekbones. It gives a very sheer highlight, but nothing comparable to for example High Beam.
I like my highlighters to stand more out and give a noticeable highlight without being too much. This isn't enough at all and is quite expensive for what it is..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by RamanB

This highligher is okay. The colours gorgeous, being a huge fan of the Nars orgasm blush, I pretty much brought it because of that, I didn't need it and I defiantly prefer lighter high lighters such as Benefit High Beam.

The packaging was cute, but the illuminator seems to sheer and leaves like a shadow on my face so i mix a tiny into my foundation to give me more of a tan just to use it up.

Its okay, the blush is better and I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say that usually I don't buy expensive makeup, but decided to give this illuminator a try. I have never used illuminator before, but I'm getting married soon, and want to try something pretty for my wedding day.

I love to soft, peachy pink shimmer that it gives to my cheeks. My skin is fair / medium, and it gives a subtle glow to my face. I know this will make me look radiant on my wedding day!

I will definitely repurchase, because I love the way it looks. The downside is that I feel it's a bit pricey for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I am addicted to all kinds of highlighting/illuminating products - and this is in my top 5, although definitely not #1. I prefer NARS Albatross in cooler months when I am more pale, or Armani Fluid Veil - the love of my life - because it looks more subtle, natural and therefore the finished look is more "sophisticated", less obvious while application is easier and texture much silkier - although the price is a bit outrageous (but you only use a small amount so . . *insert some excuse for wasting money here*)

Anyways, NARS orgasm is a very sheer peachy-pink gel, barely adds any colour and the shimmer is fine and not garish. I apply this on the tops of my cheekbones after blush. I tap on a tiny amount with my ring finger very lightly, if you spread/smear this on it can upset the make-up underneath or streak blush/foundation. It just leaves a hint of glowy finish. I also mix this in with foundation to give a more radiant/less dull finish. The finish is slightly glossy, like satin - personally I love it, it looks like healthy soft skin. Always start with a tiny amount and build it up if needed.

I would recommend this to anyone with light to medium-deep skin, especially with warm undertones looking for a subtle highlighting product - and of course get a sample first if possible. I'm not sure how it would be on skin above an NC45 but have used it on friends up to that shade and it looked nice, on fairer skin it can be a bit too "peach", and I would recommend NARS Albatross instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Lylith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample size of this illuminator when I ordered some other products from the NARS website. The reviews here made me believe it wouldn't be any good, but I actually quite like it.
I apply this on my cheekbones when I only want to wear minimal makeup, over a light coverage foundation. It gives a very light flush to my cheeks, and highlights my cheekbones.
It also stays on longer than I expected, for about 3 hours. Not what you'd expect from most NARS products, but still not bad.
I would not buy this, as I think it is a bit pricey considering the quality, but still a very nice product considering I got it for free, and the sample is pretty big.