December 22, 2014 | 1201 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The price was too steep for just a little bottle of shimmer. This shade was too dark for my NC15 skin to use as an illuminator, it looked like a bronzer instead. I thought about exchanging it for copacabana but when I swatched it in-store, it was FAR too shimmery to be taken seriously.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

I like the product, I use it most days but iv given it 3 stars because I don't like how when I put it on it upsets my make-up underneath, making it look a bit patchy sometimes.
I used this as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones after a light layer of my liquid foundation, and cream blush and It just doesn't seem to go on well. I don't wear a lot of make-up but maybe I'm just trying to put to much of this on, I think I would of been better with the multiple version better because I think that one would of blended in better

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Vanille9

This product is amazing. Especially for people with tired and dull skin. It gives you a subtle glow and youth. Skin looks fresh and bright after using it on cheekbones or forehead. You can mix a drop with a foundation or primer. I love the "gel# consistence which is immediately dry on the skin. It is not cakey or greasy. The big positive is that it is fragrance-free and doesnt break out my sensitive skin. It doesnt cause acne or dry patches on my skin. I really love the finish and colour of this highlighter. Eventhough the price was a bit high I will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by LonnieGray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's hard to describe what this does exactly. I don't use it as a blush or anything like that, I do my whole face, then when done, apply a few drops to the tops of my cheekbones, near the outside of my face and tap it in. It doesn't add color per se, it adds a certain glow, I do notice a difference, a MAJOR difference. It gives me a certain youthful glow and I LOVE it, I will never ever be without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Think I'd opt for the blush on next try. Lovely color, but this stuff makes me look greasy after an hour. Little goes a long way. Great for a dewy look, but easy to over-do and look like an oily mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by pegella

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for glow, not sparkle. Love the color and consistency of this product, but I would never buy it again because of the glitter component.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light gel-creme that enhances your complexion with a sheer veil of color and a pretty, dewy sheen. The color is a bronzey rose gold sort of color (the bronze tone is most noticeable if you see swatches of it next to Super Orgasm, which is pinker) that flatters olive and warm complexions and gives a sunkissed look to lighter skin. It is not the same color as the original pressed powder blush (a light coral pink with gold shimmer), though it would complement it when worn together. I would not mix this product with your foundation, but stipple/blend it on top of your base or wear it alone on bare skin.

The lasting power is about average for a product of this type (you will need to reapply after a few hours), but the bottle is fairly large considering the fact that you only need a dab for your entire face. This is just the thing to wear all summer when you don't want to pile a bunch of makeup on your face since it can replace blush, bronzer, and highlighter.

It's fairly pricey, so I'd suggest getting a sample and, if you like it, waiting until Sephora or Beauty.com (or whatever) has a Friends & Family sale and buying it then.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I'm using this illuminator the right way. I have both tried to mix it with my foundation and dot it on my cheekbones after foundation.
With foundation it wasn't really noticeable. It didn't really give a different glow.
It was almost the same when I dotted it on my cheekbones. It gives a very sheer highlight, but nothing comparable to for example High Beam.
I like my highlighters to stand more out and give a noticeable highlight without being too much. This isn't enough at all and is quite expensive for what it is..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by RamanB

This highligher is okay. The colours gorgeous, being a huge fan of the Nars orgasm blush, I pretty much brought it because of that, I didn't need it and I defiantly prefer lighter high lighters such as Benefit High Beam.

The packaging was cute, but the illuminator seems to sheer and leaves like a shadow on my face so i mix a tiny into my foundation to give me more of a tan just to use it up.

Its okay, the blush is better and I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say that usually I don't buy expensive makeup, but decided to give this illuminator a try. I have never used illuminator before, but I'm getting married soon, and want to try something pretty for my wedding day.

I love to soft, peachy pink shimmer that it gives to my cheeks. My skin is fair / medium, and it gives a subtle glow to my face. I know this will make me look radiant on my wedding day!

I will definitely repurchase, because I love the way it looks. The downside is that I feel it's a bit pricey for what it is.