Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

4.4

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/19/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I don't use this as a bronzer but instead as a highlighter and it works lovely for me. I was looking for a good, inexpensive highlighter when I discovered this guy here and I love it! As a bronzer I would say it's probably not that great due to the fact of how much it acts like a highlighter and you wouldn't apply highlighter all over your face. Even on really pale skins I would pass on this as a bronzer as it's too illuminating but as a highlighter I think this really would work as a universal highlighter for all skin types. This did not break me out which surprisingly I have had happen with other highlighting products. It's just overall a really lovely highlighter! For $8.00 you really can't go wrong! Highly recommend.

on 8/14/2015 7:47:00 PM

This is my fourth tiki bronzer. Well, i don't use mine as a bronzer, but a highlighter. I have actually bought Dior shimmer highlighter for about $50, but returned it in favor of this Hard Candy bronzer. I love this stuff! Lasts ALL day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wish I knew about this before I bought macs soft and gentle. This highlighter is amazing! I gave my soft and gentle to a friend, because tiki is my new favorite. its such a pretty highlight and amazing price!

on 8/13/2015 3:50:00 PM

Ugh I wish I had bought this before getting MAC's lightscapade. I reach for this everyday, totally prefer it over lightscapade! Best drugstore highlighter everrrr.

I'm fair with yellow undertones and it suits me beautifully. The bronzer is a golden champagne, shimmery but not glittery. Retails $8.98 CAD but you get 13g of product while MAC costs $37 CAD (#yesragrets) for 10g.

on 8/1/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am NC10 naturally. Which is basically albino with yellow undertones. On me, Tiki is the halfway mark between being a highlighter or a bronzer. I like to use it for a VERY natural effect when contouring my nose. It adds little bit of warmth to my face.

I think on most people however with the average skintone, this would probably be a highlighter. Tiki is warm toned and obviously very shimmery as it is a baked 'bronzer'. The color is beautiful though, it does not pull orange.

Hard Candy packaging is awesome and you really can't beat the price.

on 8/1/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this so bad. I seen reviews of this of people saying they used it as a highlighter and as a dupe for theBalm's Mary-Loumanizer, but I didn't take into consideration the different skin tone I have compared to some people with deeper skin tones that this would be better for.
The packaging is pretty, I like it. But, it's Too dark on my fair skin to be a highlight! I recently found out that I'm actually a warm skin tone and I was hoping it could be a light pretty yellow toned highlight for my cheekbones and stuff. Unfortunately it's too dark for me to use as a highlight. It looks like a dark gold/bronze shimmer on my face and it doesn't even look like a high light. But it's too shimmery to be a bronzer for me as it makes my face look muddy and washed out because of all the shimmer and it sparkles a tiny bit, too. So really, I don't have any purpose for it, and the worst part? I paid ten dollars for it. TEN. I am not impressed whatsoever.
Maybe when I have a little more tan, I could somehow make it work, or use it as an eyeshadow, but overall, I'm upset.
I had high hopes for it, I really did! Ugh I'm so upset that it didn't work for me! But if there's a cheaper dupe for theBalm's Mary-Loumanizer, someone let me know! Unfortunately, tiki wasn't it! :(

on 7/7/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this, I really tried. I have fair, warm toned skin. Although its a bronzer, my intent was to use it as a highlighter. But for my skin, its too dark and too golden. Like a bronzer. But I can't use it as a bronzer. Its a little too light and way too shimmery for my liking as a bronzer. So basically its right in that spot of being terrible for both purposes.
Its a beautiful golden yellow color. Its powdery, but not terrible. I'd say it blends in well. It just made my face look slightly dirty and didn't work for me at all. I can see how some people would love this product. Its a good drugstore highlighter if the color works for you. But if you're very pale, like me, you may want to try something else.

on 5/19/2015 9:16:00 PM

I love the colour but not so much on my skin. I find it makes my pale skin look dewy cause of the shimmer although it lasts all day and doesn't crease. It blends well and if it wasn't for the colour I'd probably by it again.

on 4/29/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a fabulous highlight or even bronzer for us pale girls! Darker shades tend to oxidize on me. This leaves a very nice, glow. I enjoy it because it isn't a sparkle. It's very natural. I apply it with a fluffy brush to the apples of my cheeks and my jaw line for some depth.

on 3/25/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Very shimmery. Good for the pale. Not a daily use because I prefer the subtle. But works for a night out. Huge amount of product.

Popular Bronzers