October 23, 2014 | 1802 users online

Lipstick - Club Monaco Beauty - Sheer Lipstick in Glaze

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Brachanam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You MUST use the BARE lip pencil with the GLAZE lipstick to get the same look. The woman who did Monica's MU said: The lips! I used a lip pencil called Bare and drew around her lip line and filled in the entire lips keeping the outer line soft. I then used Glaze lipstick over the top of that. The Bare lip pencil used added a yellow brown dimension. I did that purposely because the lipstick is sheer and I wanted that kind of look. It's very important to use the Bare lip pencil all over the lip to create the same effect. - - Once I go the BARE lip liner, viola, the look worked, and I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also have coloring similar to Monica's and this looked absoluely nothing like it did on her. It looked like a mucky brown. Texture reminded me of a dollar store lipstick. I wanted this for years...so disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Too plumy for my taste!

Only if you put "sugar" gloss over it does it look good (hence the Monica Lewinski look)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Adeena62

This was such a pretty color on Monica and since we have identical coloring, I couldn't wait to try this. Talk about being dissapointed!On her it was a beautiful berry color ansd on me it just looked like a sheer matte brown. The smell, taste and texture were awful too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 10:00:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

The infamous Monica Lewinsky lipstick... it works well on me as a "your lips but better" color (actually a lot of CM lipsticks fit that bill), but with a pretty plumminess to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2005 2:58:00 PM More reviews by shegotgame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after all of the Monica Lewinski hype a few years back. I liked the color and how it was sheer, but it was just okay for me. Nothing terribly special. Club discontinued their makeup line in California (at least in the Bay Area, CA), so I couldn't get this again even if I wanted to. I found that the sheer lipsticks at Sephora are similar in texture and are cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by rnkiley

I decided to purchase this color after seeing it in my Lucky magazine. They had mentioned that it was the lipstick Monica Lewinsky wore in her famous television interview. I'm not a Lewinsky fan but for some reason, I do remember watching it and thinking "LOve the lipstick." So, I bought myself a tube by mail and the guy tells me it sells quick and there's sometimes a waiting list. Then I go to ebay and get another, because, Hey, I don't want to run out of this supposedly awesome lipstick! I get it and BOY WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! It was touted as a neutral color but I think it's more suited for cool skin tones. I don't know, maybe if I had a tan it would've looked better. Anyway, it looked better on Monica. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by cristiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All hype, nothing special. Gave it two because it wasn't actually offensive for any reason. I'm blond, blue eyes, fair/pale skin, just didn't do much for me. Unexciting.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Shannalee

Looks reallllly dark but goes on very sheer and natural. I get compliments whenver I wear this one. Love it. Nice feeling lipstick too. Wears well. I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by AuburnQT

My absolute lip staple - I keep one in my powder room and one in my purse.

Don't let the dark plum color scare you - it goes on light and extremely sheer, with just the perfect tint of color. It looks so natural - it just darkens/enhances your natural lip color, leaving you looking like you'd just swiped your lips with lip balm. It's perfect for the natural, "no makeup" look.

I have yet to find someone who doesn't look good in this product. My mother, sister and best friend have all tried mine. I'm a fair-skinned, freckled redhead, my mother has a medium complexion with white hair, my sister is a medium-skinned brunette, and my best friend has an olive complexion with dark hair - it looked gorgeous on every one of us.

Lastly, I tend to have dry lips. This product doesn't "stick" to the dry spots and make them stand out, as so many lipsticks seem to do on me. I'm left with smooth, glossy lips that look perfectly natural.