October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - L' Absolu Rouge - 302 Voile de Rose

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick after seeing it on Temptalia. It looked like such a gorgeous sheer peachy pink nude on the site but when I got it in person it was a horrible off color of pink orange. I have olive skin, Latina, medium skin tone. I am so dissappointed...it is a lippie that will not work well with alot of skin tones...not complimentary at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really beautiful warm medium pink that can be worn by people with yellowtoned complextion. The coverage is great (opaque in 1 swipe) but its buttery smooth and moistruzing even without lip balm beforehand.

As previous reviewer said, it does have a very weird and gag-reflexing scent. When I first tried it at Sephora, I was amazed by the color and the scent is not that strong because its being exposed in the air for a long time being a tester. However, when I first use my newly purchased lipstick...HOLY CRAP the scent! Its really disgusing! Thanks the lord it fades in about 15 minutes with the help of heavy scented lip gloss like Anna Sui's.

With that being said, I would probably not repurchase if I can find a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To preface this review: I am a fair redhead and for the longest time I thought that I could absolutely NOT wear pinks, ever. That's because every pink I'd tried either clashed with my skin tone and hair or looked clownish. However, after much further experimentation with lip colors, I have found a scant few pinks that actually look marvelous, with Lancome's Voile de Rose being one of them.

This pink lippie is a subtle rose pink. I find it to be neither warm nor cool toned, but neutral. There isn't any shimmer, frost, or glitter to speak of. When applied and blotted it gives my lips the most lovely Victorian-esque rosy flush. I don't wear it well at full strength, but I bet it would be stunning that way on an individual with darker skin.

Overall, this is an amazing find for me and one that I will always be wearing and repurchasing :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I was so happy when I got this as a GWP. On my lips this is a warm pink shade. It's actually very pretty. Unfortunately, the soapy floral scent they added to it is really disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very impressed with this lipstick in Voile de Rose, and am pretty sure this will be getting even more use once the weather warms up.

The swatch on Lancome's site shows a very pale, slightly warmed rose. Temptalia describes it as medium pink with warm undertones. One article on the web described it as the perfect universal pink. Though I find the descriptions on these sites to be true, in the tube, on my pigmented lips, this shows up a much deeper, warm rose. It is warm; but it's slightly warm. I'm neutral leaning towards cool and don't find this to clash on me. If you were very cool this might be a problem, but neutral or NW ladies, this could definately work, and is worth swatching at least.

On, it is absolutely beautiful - it's deep enough on me that it warms up my very pale face, almost the perfect everyday 'garish' shade if that makes any sense. It's definately not a MLBB rose; this shows up with one swipe on me, and it does not just 'mute' my lips the way some rose lipsticks tend to.

There is a slight lipstick smell, but it's unnoticeable once on the lips. There is no real noticeable taste. I cannot rave enough about the formula - very pigmented, slightly glossy finish, long lasting, though lips are dry by the end of the day. The glossy finish doesn't last, but the colour itself lasts through coffee. The cap is also magnetic, which is a nice touch.

I would definately buy this lipstick again, for full price even. I was lucky enough to have a Sephora giftcard, as well as the $20 off $35 or more coupon from the VIB program, so there was no cost to me for this lipstick. I don't feel I wasted the gift card or coupon by choosing this lipstick though. Definately an HG Rose lipstick for me.