August 22, 2014 | 877 users online

Skincare - Body - Weleda - Baby Cream for body

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

I use this on my dry, cracked hands when they need treatment, alongside Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, and occasionally on my face when it is red and sore from nose-blowing. Calendula, an ingredient in the cream, is supposed to be an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-genotoxic substance. Whatever it does, it works. I have other creams/ointments with calendula in them, as well, but my favorite brand is Weleda. I'm not too keen on the metal tube, however. I once had one crack near the bottom, and, as I went to squeeze out some product, it squirted onto my shirt from the wrong end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read here that someone used this as a face moisturizer. While I purchased it as a cream for irritated skin on my hands and elbows, I decided to try it on my face, adding a bit of water to thin it out. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well this works on my face. It seems to protect and soothe at the same time, with no breakouts, and imparts a lovely glow. It is a bit thick at first, but I found it to completely absorb into the skin with no problems. Using it this way might not be such a good idea if you're oily or acne-prone, however. ( I do break out on occasion, but since I've been using Origins Charcoal mask, breakouts have been few and far between.) My skin is also a bit dry as well, so try this with discretion and according to your own skin's needs. I just started using this about a week and a half ago, so I'll update if I have any problems with clogged pores.
As far as the use it was designed for, this cream is intensely moisturizing and soothing to dry areas of the body. It could be used as a very emollient hand cream as well. I love the Calendula scent, but I can imagine it getting tiresome after a while, not to mention a bit cloying. All in all, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lil_me

Ingredients
Prunus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Water, Lanolin, Bees Wax, Alcohol, Glyceryl Linoleate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Fragrance (Natural Essential Oils)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I put some on my 6 year old daughter's dry/rashy face (caused by Neutrogena Drytouch SPF 55) and her skin just soaked it right up in delight! It is super rich, but it absorbs nicely. I also purchased the Skin Food cream and the Everon face balm. All of my Weleda purchases were fabulous! My 8 year old son is using this, too, without problems! His rash/dry facial and body skin is looking better and better each day! I have not tried this one yet on myself.
My only gripe is the metal tube. The metal squeeze tube looks so raggedy. The cap on this product is much better than the Skin Food and the Everon Face Balm ones because it is a snap on cap. I will repurchase this and possibly try some other Weleda products. I'm sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by fairlane

This lotion is great for summer. It is super hydrating and great for sunburned skin. It is greasyish and takes a good half hour to absorb, but if you're looking for skin softening and nourishing, this might be it. I use a Yonka lotion for light moisture and this when I'm feeling really dry. It works really well on your legs - It's not expensive and worth having under your sink.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kyli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I don't know if this is the right area for the prodcut I am reviewing. Its called Calendula Baby Cream, and the Ingredients are actully : Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Lanolin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Kaolin, Alcohol, , Glyceryl Linoleate, Silica (Silica), Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*. I bought this because I could not afford Skin Food anymore but this as worked well on my excema and facial skin. I could no longer use Skin Food on my face it made me break out, but the baby cream is great! I think because it does not have peanut oil whcih can make people break out. Its cheaper as well $ 9.00 here in the U.S.A, I will buy again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by babeehanul

I purchased this cream based on reviews for dry patches on my combo complexion. However, I find after about a week's use, my face has become immune to it. Also did not do anything for dry patch on my elbow. I didn't like the greasy texture, but it did not break me out. I'll try the lotion next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This a good everywhere cream,i use this on my baby and as a hand cream,and the fragrance is wonderful

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 3:44:00 PM More reviews by SunnyJules

I have come to the sad conclusion that I have sensitive skin. In height of my desperation I had a face riddled with clogged pores, and hormonal breakouts. I had been using Weleda Iris cleansing cream, a witch hazel toner, and hauschka toned day cream. I think the foundation I was using was causing all the irittation though (Clinique superfit and Bourjous something or other..i bought it in Holland this summer)
I wanted to try the Almond Skin Care by Weleda but they dont carry it in Canada. They do however, carry the Calendula line. I purchased this baby cream, only 15.00 Canadian for 2.52 oz. or 71 grams. I have been mixing it with my toned day cream and using it as a night cream and have AMAZING results. I have never had skin this smooth, even and break out free (since I was like..13..am 19 now)
The only other cream whose results that I can compare to this one is the Decleor Rose dOrient night balm. But I am a broke university student now and cannot afford it.
When using it as a night cream rub it gently between your fingers and smooth on evenly. It can be a bit much if too much is slathered on! I find it a bit to thick to use during the day. When you wake up you will SMILE into the mirror.
When I want a nice mask - mix a squirt of this with half a mashed banana, honey, and a tiny bit of lemon.
INGREDIENTS: Peanut Oil, Water, Beeswax, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol (an emulsifying wax), Calendula Officinalis Extract, Rose Moroc, Geranium Oil, Bergamot Oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2004 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Tema

I use this cream with my little baby, but also for myself as a night facial cream for my combo skin or as facial mask when I have very dry skin. Its greasy, but you have to use very little of it and rub it between your hands before applying it. It works wonderfully to soften dry patches in my babys knees after the bath. Johnsons Baby oils feel far greasy than this on the skin.
This cream is not for nappy change: Weleda makes a nappy change calendula cream as well.
About the face: I use very little (like a pea size) and rub it against the palm to warm it little bit and I apply every time a touch of it in the skin by areas(like the amount of cream that stick to the finger when you touch it). Sometimes I mix it with some drops of warm water: I get a thin moisturizer. I apply it to my face, massaging little bit. I get an instant rosy glow, no oily feeling and a wonderful relaxing smell. In the morning: the dry patches in my skin are gone, the wrinkles around my eyes are visibly softened and my skin feels somewhat relaxed.
It never brokes me out and it can be applied over little wounds or cuts.
It comes in an aluminium tube (as most Weleda creams), with 75ml of cream. As facial night cream it lasts me 1 year or more (!!). As baby cream, it last about 2-3 months (by using the recommended amounts).
Im 36, and I have combination-sensitive skin, but in the winter it becomes plain dry and patchy all over, ans about once or twice per month I use to need a moisture boost.
I will definitely repurchase this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2003 6:54:00 PM More reviews by sparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The previous reviewer is right: it is WAYYYY thick. I used it on myself (I have a baby products fetish) and it's too thick and rich for me. However, if you had really horribly dry winter skin, this would do the trick in a minute. I do the same thing with it currently and rub it into my feet. Wonderful healing calendula, though-- nicely scented.