November 22, 2014 | 953 users online

Loose Powders - Boots - Botanics Lighter Than Air Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by rebeccadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim at Target without realizing it had talc! I don't generally use powders since I feel like they tend to look cakey on me or settle into lines/pores I didn't even know I had, but I was curious about the claims of being "lighter than air". This feels wonderful on my skin and I don't notice it at all when I do wear it (usually as a setting powder). I was surprised and a little disappointed by the bit of sparkle in it, but it's not that big a deal to me as I don't find it very noticible once it's on and blended.

Oiliness isn't really a problem for me except in the summer, so I can't speak yet of any oil control properties. And thus far I haven't noticed any breakouts that couldn't be explained by stress or hormones.

The packaging is lovely, if a bit bulky imo. Not sure how I'd feel about travelling with it... definitely couldn't just toss it in my purse. I don't use the puff included (I prefer powder or kabuki brushes) but it feels so soft and luxurious.

Unless I absolutely fall in love with it, I probably wouldn't repurchase this powder simply because I'd like to try other stuff ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by jroxy13

Ugh, this product works well as a powder, but I only bought it because Target was out of the Perfect Light Loose Powder and the Boots' "consultant" assured me that this had the exact same ingredients. I don't know why I believed her because why would they market a product differently if it was exactly the same, but Perfect Light is my HG drugstore loose powder, so I bought it. Anyway, long story short, the ingredients are NOT the same. This product contains silica, which breaks my skin out, so that was a horrible surprise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a superb finishing powder. True to its name, it really IS lighter than air, which I really appreciate. I recently switched from using a kabuki brush to using a velour puff to press the powder into the face for better results. The puff that comes with this powder is perfect. The sifter at the top of the container is a fine mesh screen. When you think about it, this is much better than having something with little holes. The sifter controls the amount of powder delivered to the puff which sits right on top of it. I give it a gentle shake prior to opening, and there is the perfect amount of softly sifted powder sitting right under the puff. A little goes a long way, so this will last a long time. The price is perfect too. The powder is translucent so it doesn't add additional color and is perfect for setting foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by nissahussain

I got this powder for two reasons, one because it was pretty cheap and two because it claimed to be "lighter than air", i really wanted that our of a loose powder, nothing that settles into your pores and makes you look like you dipped your face in flour.
I like this product quite a bit, its light, i even like how it smells. the finish is always beautifully flawless and satiny. What i don't like is the sparkles in it, that means i can't use it during the day time since i like keeping sparkles off my face in the hot daytime. Secondly, the packaging is awful, its cardboard and plastic and the seive keeps sliding into the powder and you have to pry it out. The puff it comes with is nice though but you get too much product on your face with it, i prefer using a brush for a light air-brushed finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ichigotchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is really great. Though at first it smells kinda funny but when I applied it to my face there's no smell at all. And I love the glittery and pinkish shade (to me it's kinda pinkish) and it feels like i don't wear anything so the tag "lighter than air" is really true ! :) idk how it works on anyone else but for me this L/P is perfect :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Mommy2Jake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using BE powder for years, I decided to give this loose powder a try. I like it a lot and I think it works as well as BE and is more affordable. The ONLY thing I do not like about this product is that it contains talc. : (

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

Found this in my makeup bag. Must have purchased on clearance from Target. This is absolutely sublime as a finishing powder.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No