November 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Skincare - Body - Weleda - Nappy change cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am just reviewing this product as a diaper cream (I guess I'll have to try it's other benefits too...especially since I won't be using it on my baby!). I tried this cream in an effort to help my daughter's first rash, and it did absolutely nothing for it. It wears off almost immediately, and provides little to no protection from moisture. If you want a diaper cream that works, just buy some plain zinc oxide, it works wonders.
The only reason I give this product 2 lippies is because it smells so damn good.

On a side note, since I switched to cloth diapers, my little one has not had any rashes, so (of course) I would suggest cloth diapering for a particularly sensitive baby. No worries though, I don't judge cloth diaperers vs. disposables!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After having my first baby five years ago and her getting eczema and the accompanying nappy rashes, my husband I searched high and low for a cream that would not just protect but heal and this does literally overnight. I have repurchased many times and even use it on myself post brazilian! It is wonderful. Now that my daughter is starting school and must wipe herself with varying amounts of success I send her to school with a thin layer on as a preventative measure. Funny how so many women on here have hg things that are make up or face based but my one and only is for your bum!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a miracle cream. Thanks to the wonderful nailbunny and her extraordinary notepad I started looking into using nappy/zinc cream for my rosacea. Well, the results are simply amazing. In less than a week my skin has gone from red, inflamed, burning, itching, being dry and oily at the same time, to light pink, soft, smooth, no excess oil, no flaky patches.
Let me tell you, I've tried just about everything over the years from HE to DS brands, chemical-laden to organic and then back again. Nothing has helped more than temporarily. Then, thanks to nailbunny, I did some research on the internet about rosacea and zinc, and it seems many people have been helped by using a sunscreen containing zinc.
Since I didn't have any at home, I dug out my tube of Weleda nappy cream, which contains 12% zinc. I took about half a pea-size of cream, mixed it with 3-4 drops of macadamia nut oil (again, a wonderful find that I thank nailbunny for!) and put the mixture on my clean face. The effect was instant. My skin went from red and irritated to c-a-l-m in just a matter of seconds. And the effect lasted well into the next morning!
Since then my face has gotten smoother and better looking by the hour. The mixture of the Weleda cream and the MNO works great underneath my mineral foundation, and it actually makes the minerals last even longer without touch-ups or blotting throughout the day. I use the same mixture at night. At first I was afraid I'd become dry, but my skin is actually less dry than ever before.
I've worn foundation every single day for the past two decades. This morning I woke up and looked into the mirror. Despite the weather being very cold and dry here at the moment, my skin was soft and calm and only a little pink, compared to the bright tomato red I've had to deal with for the past 20 years. I even contemplated going out without my foundation, and that's saying a lot for me!
If you've got rosacea and have tried everything to no avail, you should give this cream a go. You can mix it with your favorite oil (olive, jojoba, whatever you prefer) or with your moisturizer.
I'm usually breakout prone, but this has calmed down every single spot I had on my face. Do read the ingredient list carefully though, since it contains beeswax and lanolin, as well as essential oils.
Ingredients: water, sweet almond oil, sesame seed oil, zinc oxide 12%, beeswax, lanolin, glyceryl linoleate, hectorite, calendula flower extract, chamomile flower extract, essential oils for fragrance (= limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate and geraniol).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by amy813

I bought this to use on blemishes, as recommended on Weleda's website. I got a small travel size tube that will last a while for this purpose and was only $1. The zinc oxide in it is supposed to heal blemishes. The first night I got it, I slathered it on my huge blemish that I've had for about 2 weeks has not healed, as well as a new one that just popped up. When I woke up, they were both half the size and have started to heal. I have very sensitive skin that can't handle BHA, BP, or AHA's. I really think this does the trick!
UPDATE! I have been using this on my blemishes day and night for 1 week and my blemishes are almost gone! A few red spots remain. This may work a little slower than conventional acne meds, but I like that it's all natural and doesn't dry out my zits, making them more apparent when I apply foundation. There's barelt a dent in my little travel tube. Great stuff for $1!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2003 4:28:00 PM More reviews by melrok1

I love this product. Great smell and consistecy. Good skin procetent as long as there is no diaper rash. Great shower gift.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2002 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Redd

I figure other moms want to know about baby care products too. This diaper cream smells GREAT but does very little in the way of actually protecting baby's butt. It is however wonderful for using on heat rash, diaper rash on places other than the diaper area, and little cuts that baby gets when they decide to slice themselves with their little sharp fingernails. My advice is to not buy this for actual diaper cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No