October 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

This was my first dry shampoo actually. That's why I can't compare it to any other ones. It is awful! It makes my hair look dirtier than ever, my hair feels so sticky! I tried it so many times it does not work. Even my sister tried it and did not work for her either. I don't mind the scent but this is just horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Ashleem44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this stuff. It's too wet and it just doesn't work. I used it ONE time and threw it out soon after. Literally all it did was make my hair look worse. Do not recommend. 👎

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Roaringtempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Huh, despite the bad reviews I actually really like this product? I bought it on sale for $3. I had used it before but not as a spray, it was the foam one. I found the foam did nothing, but this one I like.

There is a bit of white residue that disappears quickly. One day I used too much at once, and all day I had this chalkiness to my hair and on my hands after touching it. What I do now (only use on roots, of course) is spray a little bit at a time and work it out. Then I spray a bit more, comb comb, little more, and so forth until desired.

I mostly use this on my bangs and hair parting before work. I only wash my hair once or twice a week** and this helps freshen up in between washings, as my roots do get a bit oily on. It may help that I have naturally curly hair, so the added texture does not matter.

The scent is good, texture is fine, the packaging is easy to use and doesn't clog (unlike the herbal essence dry shampoo), adds quite a bit of volume to my hair. I'm sure a more expensive dry shampoo might perform better, but I am overall pleased with this product.

** I still shower/bath everyday with my hair up~ This is how often you should wash your hair if you want very long and healthy hair like I do. I started every other day, then every three days and so on. My hair adjusted to it, and stopped producing as much oil. If you're suspicious, there is a very good video on youtube of a girl with beautiful, silky, shiny hair and she only washes it once a week ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this, because this product is absolute rubbish. It's funny how it's a dry shampoo meant to degrease hair and it's specfied for oily hair, yet it does the opposite.
It's easy to use, I spray it on, it goes on white and disappears quickly as you rub it in, and it has a nice clean shampoo scent which I like. That's where the positives end.
This makes my hair feel disgusting. It feels oily and leaves a very weird texture, like a chalky and waxy type texture. If I touch my hair after the dry shampoo is rubbed in, it feels very weird if you then rub your fingers together.
My hair doesn't really look oily, but feels oily, even after rubbing it in and brushing it out, and this is what I don't like. It makes your hair quite 'stiff' and if you move your hair, it won't move, it would almost be better marketed as a spray pomade or hairspray! It would be good if you wanted less 'silky' hair for a certain hairstyle, but for everyday, no!

I will never buy this again, I'm struggling to decide whether to keep my almost full can or not, because it's that terrible!
I have bought $2 dry shampoo cans from Target (Australia) that do a WAY better job than this product!

If you want slightly textured hair for a messy bun or other hairdo, buy this product.
If you want a dry shampoo that will make your hair feel and look clean, do not buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by alyssa21mia

Thankfully I only paid like a dollar for this crap. I was on a trip recently and saw this in trial size so I tried it and holy hell my hair went from greasy to straight disgusting. I tried it a few days in a row with different techniques to give it more chances but it is just horrible. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by luckygirlblue124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product. It left my hair feeling waxy and sticky, and I didn't overdo it. I only used a little, in quick short bursts. I brushed it well afterwards, and I still hated it. It gives volume, that's true, but the oiliness and stickiness are terrible. Will not use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lilyclaark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS DRY SHAMPOO, USE THIS TECHNIQUE:
Take sections of your hair and aim the spray at the roots. Rotate between spraying it directly on the roots and spraying it from around 8 inches away. After you cover the parts that feel oily let it sit there and soak up the oil. After 2-5 minutes mix the shampoo around in your hair- this gets rid of that white film. Just mix it around your hair and then comb it out when your done.
This is not the best dry shampoo out there, but to get your moneys worth you have to do that technique when spraying it on or else it doesn't work. I find that my hair feels thicker after applying it, but it feels like the perfect hair texture for a super messy bun. I don't know if I would repurchase this... maybe if I had to get dry shampoo and it was on sale? But yeah hopefully this will help some people who are stuck using this! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jenniferm6904

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! Made my hair oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very thin, limp asian hair. If I do not wash my hair every day it looks very greasy and stringy. This is the first dry shampoo I tried, I purchased it because of the low price. I found the scent overpowering and nauseating. It smelled like orange peel mixed with hairspray. The spray itself was very cakey on my hair. It did not absorb the oil but mixed with it creating a clay in my hair! Kind of like mixing flour with water, it turned into solid chunks of paste. When I brushed it out the clay stuck to my hairbrush in chunks as well. The only positive is that it did take out the oily shine in my hair. I still had to tie my hair up in a bun. There is no way you can use this product and leave your hair loose. It is very heavy and clay like. I would not purchase this product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

I bought this 2 years ago in a pinch before a music festival where I would be camping for a few days and the idea of sharing a shower trailer with 29,000 people didn't sound appealing. I hadn't used dry shampoo much before this. Now that I've dyed my hair red, I use dry shampoo regularly, but normally I use the Batiste brand, which I LOVE. However, I'm currently out of that and haven't had the time to run to ulta and get more. I found this lying around and figured I could deal for a few days. It really isn't great. On a positive note, it does add some texture and volume to my hair and helps tone down the greasy look a bit, and is widely available and affordable, but the good stops there. Every dry shampoo leaves a residue, but this is different. My hair still feels very greasy, just with a load of powder on top. Despite adding texture and volume, my hair feels very heavy. And the smell makes my sinuses burn like crazy. I would feel very self-conscious if I wore this to work or out to dinner. My hair looks better, but not fresh or touchable. And the white colored powder dulls my hair color no matter how much I brush or blow dry. No redhead has time for that. It's doing it's job in a pinch and I might save it for another music festival type of situation where I'm not exactly trying to look glamorous, but I won't be upset when this can runs out.