April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Masks - Formula 10.0.6 - Deep Down Detox

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sparkleandshineee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mask! I've actually had this mask sitting in my bathroom for about two years and recently I have been using it again and loving it! I am a Sephora/high priced skin care addict so when I see a facial product that costs less than ten dollars I am definitely wary. This mask makes my face super clean looking and "shiny" yet not oily. I can see a real difference after using it...my face looks brighter which is something I'm always looking for when using any skin care product. It always smells really good and I guess i just love the word "detox" when referring to your face haha. But anywho I will definitely be buying this product again. The only downside with this mask is that it may dry your skin a bit but with the proper moisturizing after the mask you should be good to GLOW!
XOXO sparkleandshineee

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely HATE 10.0.6 masks. I have tried the orange, pink and green. They all sting like crazy the entire time they're on my face and don't do anything to clear my clogged pores or dry out existing pimples. I have used masks with bentonite & kaolin in them before (I'm an avid reader of ingredients lists since I discovered my skin reacts really badly to tea tree/eucalyptus) so I really don't understand why 10.0.6 masks hurt while the other brands I've used don't.

I should add that my skin is normal, not sensitive in general and I can use fragranced skincare & makeup products with no problems. I have used other clarifying/mud masks with no issue. I am prone to clogged pores and have a few pimples come up every now and then, but I don't have acne prone skin.

I honestly do not remember the scent of this, only the burning sensation. But I do remember that the texture is thinner than the average mud masks, which can be very thick. This is very easy to squeeze out and spread around the intended area.

Packaging is a soft squeezable tube, which in theory is great, but the very first time I used this it busted open! I went to squeeze out some product and honestly didn't use much pressure, just a little more than you'd use when squeezing toothpaste. I heard a loud POP and the pressure buildup (possibly from air in the tube?) caused the crimp of the tube to split open and some product to squeeze out. Every time I used the mask after that, more product would squeeze out the back end than the nozzle. This also happened with the green mask, so in that case I don't think it had to do with the thick texture of the product.

This has happened with all 3 of the 10.0.6 masks I've bought. So I give these masks the lowest rating because
A) they don't do what they're supposed to for my skin (ie doesn't live up to manufacturer's claims)
B) are extremely uncomfortable to use
C) the packaging has failed every time

I only used this a few times before I threw it in the bin. Neither of my sisters were willing to take it from me, and they have skin that tolerates all ingredients - fragrance, alcohol, you name it.

I'll admit I am intrigued by the Keep Your Cool Calming Breakout Mask but since I've had a bad experience with these 3 I will probably pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by perfectionseeking

I'm so obsessed with doing facial masks - from DIY ones made from items in my kitchen to store bought ones.

The packaging instantly caught my eye and I thought I should give it a try, and I'm very happy I did. I wouldn't use it in the morning because my face seems a bit sensitive from it, but when I wake up after using it the night before my skin looks and feels great! Extra soft and smaller/less red blemishes

It stings a bit when I put it on, but that doesn't last long - makes me think that It's working. Dries up and fairly easy to get off with a washcloth (a bit harder if you're using your fingers). I don't care for the smell very much but it isn't very strong and it quickly fades so it wouldn't stop me from using it.

I also like that I don't need to use a lot to cover my whole face - it's a small package but I think it's going to last me a while. I use it 2-3 times a week after washing my face and removing my make up.

I will continue to purchase this product, and looking forward to testing some other products from this company !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using this mask and the Pores Be Pure mask about a year ago after a very unfortunate run-in with Neutrogena's Retinol SA product that left me with the worst cystic acne breakout of my life. I relied mostly on the PBP mask at the time, but this little gem is my go-to, day-to-day mask (well not "daily" as such, 2-3x a week - basically if I'm using a mask it's usually this one).

It's a great mask; leaves my skin feeling "deep down" clean without irritating it or stripping the crap out of it (I have naturally dry skin, so that's fun). It applies nice and creamy, rinses off easily with water and a washcloth, and smells great to boot. Being a bit of a mask junkie I've used a lot of expensive masks over the years and none of them work as well as the 10.0.6 masks. HG products for me, without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by edenlauren

This is pretty good. I use this when my face feels gross and the next day my face just looks more vibrant :) I don't really like the smell though but it's easy to wash off and I like the results it made on my face

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by eksims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I could give it a 4.5, but I liked it so much I bumped it to a 5. It's a great consistency, not too thick but thick enough to do something. Its smell is great, very fresh, not overpowering. When I first put it on, it did sting a little bit, but it went away within 2 minutes, and it was not the type of sting that would make we want to wash it off. I left it on for about 15 minutes and it washed off very easily with warm water. My skin is verrrrry smooth and soft afterwards (I would say that is the best thing about this mask), however it is a bit tight and definitely needs a moisturizer after. This could be very drying without a cream or lotion, but overall it's fantastic and helped with acne spots too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a fabulous face mask. I recently had 5 noticeable raised red spots on my left cheek and 1 on my eye bag but eating well, acne creams, gentle cleansing and moisturising did not reduce the size of the spots. I hadn't put a face mask for a couple of weeks so I popped this one on before I went to shower, started showering but prevented water from getting on my face so the mask could dry and steam could enter my pores. After 10 minutes, I felt it was time to remove the mask and was overjoyed after I got out and saw that the size of all the spots had greatly reduced. For the next 4 days, I did the same thing and my spots are now flat though barely noticeable with light-coverage concealer or foundation. My skin also feels very clean and my face is bright and glowy after using this. The mask doesn't dry me out. The price is also very reasonable, a little goes a long way and it's a great mask that clears up dodgy spots and detoxes your skin. Will repurchase. Use about 1-3 times a week!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

I have combination with some mild acne prone areas. I love mud masks and saw this in a drug store one day. The price was great and I was a bit skeptical at first but said what the heck! The packaging was adorable and I love the font on the front! Eye popping I guess you could say! Lol well anyways, I love how the description stated "Deep Pore Detox!" I do have an issue with clogged and enlarges pores. OMG! The first day I used this I was amazed at how much cleaner my face felt and my pores looked tighter. The instructions state specifically that you cleanse skin (preferably) then apply the mud mask after on dry skin. I'm assuming applying this on wet skin won't make it stick and the water will create a barrier between the mask and your skin. I leave it on anywhere between 5 to 15 mins. The mask will began to harden and feel tight. That's my favorite part! You can actually feel it getting down deep and cleaning out your pores. When you wash it off your face feels moisturized and smooth. It doesn't feel dry or tight. I only use it once or twice a week max or even once a week every other week. I have used this mask for almost 2 months now and my pores are significantly smaller and face has a beautiful glow. Not to mention my acne prone areas have decreased and if I do get a blemish, I just dab a little on it as a spot treater. The next morning it's reduced in size and isn't visible. I continue to recommend this product and will definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

Great mask. It has results similar to Queen Helene's.

Pros: deep cleaning, smooths skins/pores, cheap, sleek packaging
Cons: hard to find, not all natural ingredients

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I do not like this mask at all. I do have acne prone skin so I thought the deep down detox would be a great product but it stung my skin so badly and every time I use it it breaks me out in horrible cystic acne. The only positive thing is the attractive tube it comes in. If your skin is sensitive, this is not for you.