July 23, 2014 | 2000 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Waitrose Pure gentle eye make up remover

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

Been using this for several months, ever since I saw it reviewed on Lipglossiping. This stuff is fantastic. 1.96 for 200ml, no colours, no perfumes. I'm down to my last 20ml or thereabouts and am desperately trying to hunt down another bottle! I use this in conjunction with Lush Ultrabland (an extremely efficient cleanser that takes off dirt and makeup with a swipe.) UB doesn't really tackle my Urban Decay Cannonball mascara (which is awesome by the way, small brush, waterproof as hell, black black black, doesn't clump)

The Pure eye makeup remover attacks the mascara and doesn't take any prisoners (but doesn't sting) and then the UB comes in to do general cleansing and take everything else off.

I would advise using this in conjunction with another cleanser. Often the mascara comes off, 97% of it goes onto the pad, but if I'm careless there are smudges of pigment beneath my eyes. This isn't a fault of the product, I think it's just natural. Anyway, the UB removes those in a swipe, while the Pure stuff needs a bit of rubbing.

It's perfect for using on a cotton bud to remove specks of mascara or eyeliner that come astray, as it leaves no residue whatsoever.

At any price, this is an awesome product, and at 1.96 it's unbeatable! Try it, you have nothing to lose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is easy to find in any branch of John Lewis but not so easy in Waitrose! I was fed up of oily, stingy, ineffectual products and my quest was to find a natural effective product. Well I failed in that but I don't know why everyone doesn't use this. It is ludicrously cheap (under 3.00), it is effective, gentle and refreshing- like water in fact. It comes in a 200ml bottle which lasts about 6 months ish. It is not as natural as I would like- can't see alcohol in product list but there is a paraben - boo! I have used this for best part of a year now since the SA drew my attention to it and see absolutely no reason to use anything else. EDIT: Did I say this is easy to find? I was wrong! All the staff use this in John Lewis. There is a big run on it. Can't get it for love nor money. Have been checking for weeks. Ho hum!