April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Bubblegum Lip Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think I am on my tenth jar maybe. I love this. As a rule, I don't use any kind of lip makeup, ever, be it lipstick or lip gloss or lip liner or whatever else. I dislike the look of made-up lips (Personally I think it makes anyone and everyone look older), and then there's also the inconvenience of it all, how do you kiss properly (stains!) or eat properly (swallowing chemicals!!!) with lip makeup on is simply beyond me. The sexiest lips I have ever seen are those that are nude, smooth, and maybe with a sheen of moisturizer on.

And this is where "Lush Bubblegum" comes in. I rub my lips with this every morning in my shower after I brush my teeth, before I use mouthwash. (lots of sugar in this!) I think the texture is just right, it does a decent job scrubbing my lips without irritating them. I adore the fact that the product is basically refined sugar soaked in jojoba oil, it's glorious in its natural simplicity. (Before you tell me I can make it on my own without spending that much money, I have to apologize for how lazy I am). Have I mentioned that the smell of this product is to die for? And I never have to worry about my lips during the day without putting anything else on (lip balms in winter are greatly appreciated by my lips though).

I have had ants problem with the jar sometimes, and because I always use it in my shower, sometimes the humidity gets inside the jar and makes the product a bit more soggy than ideal. But overall, I find it hard to go a day without this. The little jar is extremely travel-friendly as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by isuckatapplyingmakeup

i use this everyday before applying balm/lipstick
i guess this is the tasty alternative to the exfoliating your lips with a toothbrush thing
and more socially appropriate in public!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by shutuptara

And the award for the most overrated product goes to...? Don't get me wrong I love LUSH and their ethics however, paying 5.50 for 25g of flavoured sugar is an absolute joke. The flavour is nice and the packaging is cute but hard to scoop and overall unhygienic. I made my own at home, added pink food colouring for the "bubblegum" look and myself and my friends all agree it's just as good. Only difference is that it's not 5.50. Sorry LUSH, just not worth it whatsoever. You must have money to burn to buy this product; especially when it takes 5 minutes to make!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub and what it does for my lips. Super exfoliating, makes lip products look so much better, and tastes amazing. However, I will not re-purchase. I plan on keeping the jar and making my own scrub with the 3 ingredients (castor sugar, jojoba oil, flavouring) to put in it. Great product, but completely and wholly overpriced for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Xbeckygx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product so much! It's really cute, smells and tastes delicious, and really does leave your lips nice and soft after use, and does help with chapped lips like mine. I wouldn't say it's an essential, but it's definitely a nice product to have, and does make lipstick application easier. I use it in the morning before applying lipstick or lip balm, and before I go to bed before putting on some vaseline. I do think it's expensive though, even for Lush- 5.50 for a little pot! And for something you could probably put together at home with a bit of oil and sugar, though it wouldn't have the bubblegum flavouring and obviously buying a ready made lip scrub is much easier. That said though, the pot does last quite a while- I've barely made a dent. So, if you want a nice lip scrub that tastes amazing, and don't mind splurging, I encourage you to get this, but if you don't particularly want or need a lip scrub, I wouldn't bother splashing out on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by angelaslh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't get enough of lush. They have the nicest products and i love all of their stuff. Personally for me this isn't a necessity. It has very nice packaging, smells delicious, feels great and looks great but i don't think it does too much for the price of the small tub. I have made my own lip scrubs before and i feel like they came pretty close to this. However, i do still love this lip scrub and i am willing to pay for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cute bright pink product that smells like the name and tasted very sweet. Yes it is overpriced for the ingredients but allot of other products are to, I'm to lazy to make things myself so I'm fine with it. The product does have some cons though like the little jar, that makes it messy to use and allot of product went to waste because it fell of my fingers. I also find it a bit harsh the sugar pieces can feel sharp on my lips and at the end the scrub clumped together in little hard pieces. Is this product necessary, no (not for me) but I'm sure this would make a cute little gift to someone it's just not a product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

how does this not have perfect reviews?! it tastes and smells absolutely incredible. it may be a tad overpriced, but its fun & makes me happy to use, so its worth the $$$ to me. makes lipsticks apply and wear so much better when you have smooth exfoliated lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Stephie27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product! I highly recommend this for flakey or chapped lips as it just smoothes them out and is fantastic to use before a matte lipstick or any lipstick for that matter! Cannot get enough of this lip scrub and will definitely be purchasing again :) Did I mention it smells and tastes delicious?

xo Stephie

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I really like this. It smells good and tastes delish. I know I could probably do this myself but lazy. It is quite messy but it does it's job.