October 25, 2014 | 948 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Advanced Care Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Came across this hand creme at Harmon Drug and wanted to give it a try. I had just returned a St. Ive's cream that caused an allergic reaction, so I was hoping for something gentle but effective. Aveeno Advanced Care Moisturizing Cream is fragrance free and has a thick, non-greasy texture. I have been using it at least twice a day since I bought it, also using it in conjunction with argan oil and my hands have never looked better. Soft, moisturized, and supple with healthy pink cuticles. The cream absorbs immediately and has no discernable scent to compete with my perfume or cause headaches. I hope this isn't discontinued, I find it is the best hand cream I've discovered so far. Try a tube and see if you don't draw the same conclusions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This is the best product for moisturizing eczema. It is extremely hydrating but not greasy at all. I use it on my face when eczema flares up and it keeps me from needing steriod 99% of the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by geekling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: After using this for a while and trying new lotions, this is no longer my HG of hand creams. It takes forever to soak into my skin and then it feels like there's a coating of it on my hands. It's okay for really rough patches or just before bed, but I rarely use it anymore.

This is my HG of hand creams. I have eczema on my hands, so anything with fragrance breaks them out, but this keeps them happy. It's great when I'm sitting at the computer, I just put a bunch on, rub it in and keep doing whatever I'm doing at the computer. It doesn't leave greasy smears all over my mouse/keyboard and it soaks in quickly so I can go about my day. I only wish they made a smaller, travel-sized tube to keep in my bag to use when I'm on the go. I use it on my knees right after shaving (they're ridiculously sensitive and usually burn and tingle with normal lotion) and they stay nice and soft. It's not for everyone with eczema, but I seriously recommend giving this a try. It's fragrance-free, soothing, and really moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by CancerianPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best cream out there. I have eczema on my face, arms, legs. I can use this all over my face and it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. It takes care of all the dryness and keeps the eczema from forming. It's the ONLY thing that has kept me from having to resort to steroid ointments. Excellent cream for the face and neck. Not too thick if you have super dry skin like me. And very cheap for a face cream. I think they've changed this cream now to "Eczema Care" but it's the same thing and I Love, love, love it. I don't know what I'll do if they ever discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by JDNT

This product is a miracle to super dry skin! I instantly saw a difference within minutes after application. It soothes extra dry skin and keeps your skin soft and comfortably moist. It's a little pricey ($9.00 6oz) but WELL WORTH the money. Works fast and soothes itching (for me at least) too. I love everything about this product especially the non-flamboyant packaging. It gives a kind of 'homey feeling.'

The last thing: it's good for arms, legs, heels, elbows, neck and back.

That's the only thing I don't like about this product. It works so well for almost everywhere it certainly won't last three weeks if you apply everywhere. The redeeming quality is that a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hands were dry and chapped until I found this cream. It seems like almost overnight, they feel soft and smooth again. It is not greasy, but really moisturizes. It has a very faint oatmeal fragrance, but hardly any scent at all. The tube is rather small, but it also makes it easy to toss in a purse and take it along with you. I only use this on my hands, but I suspect it would be equally effective on the body as well. I highly recommend this cream if you have chapped and itchy dry winter skin.